No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead (TV series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah it is her from Prison Break NemesiS.

Comment

Watched the first ep last night. Any concerns about the English guy playing Rick soon disappeared. He's very good, great accent too.

Another concern was that after reading a few volumes of the comic it would simply be a case of watching what I already know unfold, ticking the boxes along the way. Again, wasn't an issue; some of the the basic plot devs being cleverly built on, adding more depth in some cases.

Fave bit was

Morgan's wife coming to the house

. Really creepy moment.

Loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_rich View Post
        and sky's strikeback with lucas north off of spooks.

for those that havent read the comic, heres the first issue in full...

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multime...m.php?gid=1358
        Thanks for the link. I just read the comic after watching the first episode last night, and I have to say based on that first issue the comic isn't a patch on the series.

The series had a depth that the comic just can't match, and there was a lot more flesh on the characters (if you excuse the pun). I wasn't expecting much, but after watching it last night I'm very keen to see the next one, and that's coming from someone that doesn't enjoy much TV at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
          Thanks for the link. I just read the comic after watching the first episode last night, and I have to say based on that first issue the comic isn't a patch on the series.

The series had a depth that the comic just can't match, and there was a lot more flesh on the characters (if you excuse the pun). I wasn't expecting much, but after watching it last night I'm very keen to see the next one, and that's coming from someone that doesn't enjoy much TV at the moment.
          yeah, i think the hospital scene in particular is alot better than the comic. in the comic it just looks like a regular hospital, but in the show you see bullet holes, blood, wreaked interiors, etc.

Comment

Watched the second episode last night. Probably the best show i've seen in a long time, possibly since the first series of Lost. The Event producers must be gutted they are up against this for ratings.

I'm assuming we will find out whats happened or caused the zombies at some point? Also

I thought the bit where they leave that dude handcuffed on the roof was ace. I honestly thought he was going to throw him a hacksaw when he dropped the key. No doubt he will escape as he's quite a popular film actor for such a short TV series role

Whats this series being aired on btw?

Comment

Fridays at 10pm on FX.

Comment

Originally posted by NemesiS View Post

I'm assuming we will find out whats happened or caused the zombies at some point?
                In the comics it's

never discussed. Which, for me, is as it should be.

Besides they don't really have time to sit and wonder about these things - as the series progresses (and if it sticks to the comic) you'll find out why

Comment

Its not often you can say an adaption is better than the comics but I definetly think it applies here. Dammit, wanna get back in time to watch the 2nd episode!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                    Fridays at 10pm on FX.

I've been waiting til Wednesdays! Sky guide not showing which episode is showing so I kinda had to guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                      Fridays at 10pm on FX.
                      The US is only five days ahead then, they get it on a Sunday. Better than weeks.

Comment

Watched the 2nd episode tonight, much quicker paced than the first but rightly so with only 45 mins to spare. Was good stuff and even with extra characters had the right tone and movie-like feel about it. The

bit where Rick and Glenn are walking down the street among the zombies and the smell begins to wash off in the rain

and the

scene with Glenn in the muscle car

were worth the episode alone for me.

Given that the 2nd season has been greenlight with 13 episodes in the pipeline I can only hope the quality and the tension stay high throughout.

Comment

For those who haven't read the graphic novels Forbidden planet International currently have the first volume for a frankly unbelievable ?4.50...

Explore a vast array of toys, collectibles, graphic novels, comics, and sci-fi merchandise at our 17 retail stores across the UK and Ireland. Serving enthusiasts since 1975, discover an extensive selection of movie and TV merchandise waiting for you!

Now there's no excuse

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
                            In the comics it's

never discussed. Which, for me, is as it should be.

Besides they don't really have time to sit and wonder about these things - as the series progresses (and if it sticks to the comic) you'll find out why

I take it you havent read the more recent comics then? with The scientist who

says he knows what caused the outbreak and it was somthing to do with the goverment?

Im only on the 5th hardback (volumes 9 and 10) at the moment as Im a bit behind but that guy seems to know somthing.
                            Last edited by rmoxon; 12-11-2010, 15:33.

Comment

Also is anyone else a bit worried with the depiction of Ricks wife on the show?. In the comic she seems like a decent person but here she

Is all horny for Ricks best friend when she dosent even know if her husband is really dead, the comic had them have sex once and she said it was a mistake, here she comes across as a big randy slut.

Comment

i've been thinking that too...

The misses has never read the comics and her first response was, 'I hope she dies, she's a bit of a whore'....

....a bit harsh but i can see what she means. Certainly not portrayed well - she's already portrayed as a poor mother and a poor wife (widow?). Even the small reflective moment while taking off her necklace didn't appear to count for anything...
                                ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Working...
                                X