No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead (TV series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally watched the last two episodes of Season 8, man, same old guff as every season before so Season 9 has a lot of recovery to do and to survive what's coming... speaking of which:

The ratings have slid, any sort of critical acclaim is long gone, and two of its five main regulars are leaving. Nonetheless, AMC is sticking to its guns with “The Walking Dead” franchise. Speaking with THR, AMC Networks CEO Josh Sapan says the basic cable network intends to keep the franchise ticking for many years […]

AMC is planning for at least another decade

Comment

The other day AMC CEO Josh Sapan suggested the network’s plans for the future of “The Walking Dead” franchise, telling investors at the Goldman Sachs Communacopia Conference that the hope is for the brand to go on for at least another decade in some form or another. Now Bloomberg reports that the company plans to […]

Bloomberg has revealed that AMC is planning a raft of Walking Dead extensions which will include several spin-offs beyond Fear the Walking Dead, one of which will follow survivors of the outbreak in a non-US country.

AMC also plans to produce multiple big screen movies based on the franchise.

Feels like the AMC execs are sitting with their luggage on the docks, staring at their ship as it disappears across the distant horizon

Comment

Acting veteran Scott Wilson, who played rural farmer Hershel Greene on AMC’s “The Walking Dead” series for several seasons, has died after a battle with cancer. Both Wilson and “Star Trek: Discovery” actress Sonequa Martin-Green will reportedly appear in the new season, reprising their roles alongside Jon Bernthal in flashbacks or a dream sequence – […]

Scott Wilson, Hershel from the early seasons, has died.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          http://www.darkhorizons.com/amc-plan...global-series/

Bloomberg has revealed that AMC is planning a raft of Walking Dead extensions which will include several spin-offs beyond Fear the Walking Dead, one of which will follow survivors of the outbreak in a non-US country.

AMC also plans to produce multiple big screen movies based on the franchise.
          In not surprised whilst its still making money for them. One of the spin-offs could turn out to be alright if done well. There's no point in doing films as they won't offer anything new outside of what's available in the genre already.

I'm watching the newest episode tonight which isn't bad. Only thing is the seasons tend to start strong, then become duller until the mid-season break episode, then dull again and finally pick up in the last 2-3 episodes of the season. Hopefully I will be proven wrong with the refresh that this season supposedly will bring.
          Last edited by Paddy; 08-10-2018, 21:23.

Comment

It's a revamped year for The Walking Dead!

But nobody cared. The show returned for its ninth season to an all time lowest premier demo figure rating of 2.5 and with 6.1m viewers. The lowest ever premier for viewing figures was the first season with 5.4m which the current seasons are trending hard towards. Notably, the new seasons opening episode launched a day early to promote AMC's subscription service which is also added to this figure, making it even more disappointing.

Comment

Just watched the first episode and thought it was brilliant. Sometimes it felt like an 80s zombie film.

I wonder where they’ll take it.

Comment

I decided not to trawl through the second half of season 8 ... I was battle weary with where the show was bogged down in, and also past that part in the comic books anyway. So I jumped straight in to the new ep and enjoyed it. Feels good to be back on board.

Comment

The second episode of current ninth season of AMC’s “The Walking Dead” drew a 2.0 rating in the key adults 18-49 demographic and 4.9 million viewers in the Live+Same Day numbers. That’s down around 20% in both measures from last week’s season premiere, and a series low for the show. The previous lowest ratings figure […]

For the new seasons second episode The Walking Dead lost another 20% of its audience, it's viewing rating dropped to 2.0 which is the lowest in the shows entire history. Live viewing figures were 4.9 million, the lowest the show has ever had is 4.7 million making it a growing concern.

Comment

Weird. First episode was excellent.

Comment

I liked the second episode. Why has the lady from the dump suddenly decided to get rid of the spazzy haircut and go for something more conventional? The bigger question though is why does she now talk like a normal human being instead of a Neanderthal?

Comment

Second episode was great, too.

I'm enjoying the King speaking normally when he's not with his people

(and bumbling about with the ring!)

They seem to be muffling people's voices when outside. Maybe they're using old mics for effect. Speaking of effects, sound effects added later are clear, as was Rick and Negan's chat.

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        I liked the second episode. Why has the lady from the dump suddenly decided to get rid of the spazzy haircut and go for something more conventional? The bigger question though is why does she now talk like a normal human being instead of a Neanderthal?
                        Wasn't she speaking like that on purpose? I can't remember why but it was covered in a previous episode. I think the one where she lured all those zombies into that wood chipper while she sat and reminisced...

Comment

Oh maybe. My memory isn’t all that!

Comment

Yeah, apparently she was speaking like that on purpose to freak people out. I think it also might tie in with her philosophy of minimising waste on account of living in a huge dumping ground.

Comment

Given what's lined up for Season 9 it's interesting how viewers aren't hanging on. Episode 3 saw viewership rise 2% on the second episode but Live+Same Day figures dropped to 1.94 which was a 3% drop on Ep2 and sets a new record low for the show. It's also a full 50% drop on the third episode of Season 8 last year.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                                Yeah, apparently she was speaking like that on purpose to freak people out. I think it also might tie in with her philosophy of minimising waste on account of living in a huge dumping ground.
                                I think she mentions when they're in the museum in the first episode that she took her class there when she was a teacher. I'm wondering if she was a drama/performing arts teacher before the outbreak then? There might also be something in her speaking the way she did whilst at the junkyard making every conversation with other characters sound quite off-kilter.

Comment

Working...
                                X