The Walking Dead (TV series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched the first episode of this.

Very much follows the comic but expands on it by giving us a bit more character development for a couple of characters and moves at a much more sedate pace as a result.

Andrew Licoln seems like a fantastic choice to play Rick too, he was excellent in this episode.

I dont want to jump the gun but on evidence here it will turn into another Magical show from AMC that is just consistantly perfect.
    Last edited by rmoxon; 22-10-2010, 11:40.

Comment

Wow looks great. Huge fan of Lincoln, have been since the days of this life.

Comment

Only just started reading the comics and completely loving them. Based on how good they are along with Frank Darabont and it looks like a winner.

Going to get a few more volumes of the comic read before the first ep hits. Really looking forward to it.

Comment

Just watched the first episode. Excellent.

I haven't read the graphic novels yet and I'm not sure if I should just watch the series then possibly read the books or do the books first then watch the series.

Comment

The trailer looks a bit cheesy but it did break viewing figure records for a first episode so I'll give it a go. Zombies - what's there not to like?

Comment

just seen the first episode - amazing. as a fan of the comics i wasnt disappointed at all.

the most expanded scene is where Rick meets

Morgan and his son. Morgan explains whats going on, but also shows his wife shambling about as a zombie. a very emotional scene where morgan trys to put his wife down, but just cant pull the trigger.

theres some great classic horror film bits too, where rick first wakes up and walks through the hospital. his matches go out as he walks down a darkened stair well, the screen goes black and your just waiting for something to jump out on him.

anyone else think the bit where rick rides the horse in atlanta

and goes round the corner to see hundreds of zombies is similar to the scene in star wars where han and chewy are chasing the storm troopers in the death star, only to run into a whole platoon of them?!

Comment

Yep amazing is right. I'm about 50 comics in (actually the story just took a MAJOR turn) and the show was exactly what I hoped for. Apparently a second series has already been green lit, and darabont wants to get to the prison so it's all good!

Comment

Originally posted by jezzace View Post
                  Yep amazing is right. I'm about 50 comics in (actually the story just took a MAJOR turn) and the show was exactly what I hoped for. Apparently a second series has already been green lit, and darabont wants to get to the prison so it's all good!
                  just wondering how they will do the scenes in westborough and the governor?

Comment

Centre page spread in todays Metro

Comment

Originally posted by smouty View Post
                      Centre page spread in todays Metro
                      Awesome...will get the missus to pick me a copy up so I can have a peek.

Cant wait seems like it's taking forever to get to tomorrow night

Neil

Comment

Saw it just now. Looks like it'll be the next Jericho for me - it's even got Lennie James in it! That man can do no wrong in my eyes.

I thought the talkie scene with the two officers in the car was brilliant, and it just kept on getting better.

I also liked the funky old-school zooms (

like the helicopter reflection on the building windows and the crows eating the corpse on the tank

).

Deserves to go far.

Comment

Flippin eck, I was expecting a light-hearted but forgettable zombie fest but that was fantastic! Hurray for a new good show

Comment

One thing The Walking Dead can never be accused of is being light hearted

Put it this way, it seems to be sticking close enough to the source material so that the opener episode sets the scene for some of the unremitting bleakness that's going to follow.

Comment

Is this going to be a full series then? For some reason I was thinking it was a mini series, dunno why. Is there a lot of source material?

Comment

Despite only being two episodes in, I've heard a second series has already had the green light.

Comment

Working...
                                X