No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead (TV series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure how I feel about them extending season 10. Why not just have a shorter season 11 and make the writing better/tighter to raise the show's profile in viewers' minds and possibly bring people back? That's my personal view anyway.

Comment

Knew it was too good to be true.

The Walking Dead: Season 11 will be a tiresome 24 episodes long. Once done work will begin on yet another spin-off to be launched in 2023 with the central characters of Daryl and Carol. So... basically Season 12 then?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        Daryl and Carol
        A post-apocalyptic sitcom?

Comment

The Pope of Greenwich Village Producers Hawk Koch and Gene Kirkwood are teaming with Oscar-winning “Green Book” writer Nick Vallelonga, writer/director George Gallo (“Midnight Run”), and actor/playwright Chazz Palminteri (“A Bronx Tale”) on an eight-hour miniseries adaptation of Vincent Patrick’s 1979 book “The Pope of Greenwich Village”. The story revolves around two cousins who unknowingly […]

AMC has greenlit Fear the Walking Dead: Season 07

Comment

Largely because thanks to COVID I'm on the horizon of catching up through my backlog of TV stuff to watch I'm going to at some point return to mid-S9 which is the last bit I can recall and watch through the eps till the show ends after S11 as I'm that close to the end I might as well see it through.

Thinking about it though I did some reading up and the TWD situation is fascinating. So AMC still plans to make a Daryl/Carol spin-off which is so epically pointless given that would literally just be Season 12 of the main show, three Rick specials and an anthology show charting backstories for individual characters per episode.

Lots of plans... so let's look at the health of the franchise:

The Walking Dead - Viewing Figures Avg Per Season
            5m > 6m > 11m > 13m > 15m > 13m > 10m > 7m > 5m > 3m

Fear the Walking Dead - Viewing Figures Avg Per Season
            7m > 4m > 3m > 2m > 1.5m > 1m

The Walking Dead: World Beyond - Viewing Figures Avg Per Season
            0.6m

I mean, come on AMC, talk about beating the horse when it's dead. The Rick specials as the true finale of the whole thing then call it a day and walk away with at least some dignity left.

Comment

You're quite right. End the series with the three one-off specials based around the true lead character of the series and that'll be a good way to bring closure to it. Knowing AMC though they want to squeeze it until its way beyond reasonable (if its not already).

I think I got up to the middle of season 9 and then dropped off it for some reason. I'll go back one day to watch the remainder of it but need to find a means of watching it again firstly.

Comment

I've been trying to remember where I dropped off. I seem to recall something post-Rick but can't remember if it was episodes of just something from the end of his last episode or not.

My main concern is that given Daryl and Carol have somehow become the leads for the show, having their own sequel show means the ending of the main show will likely be a non-event

Comment

Comment

AMC has handed out a formal series order for the episodic anthology series “Tales of the Walking Dead”. Six self-contained hourlong episodes have been ordered and will focus on new and established characters in the larger world of the series. This marks the third spin-off of “The Walking Dead” franchise following “Fear the Walking Dead” […]

AMC has now formally greenlit the fourth Walking Dead series, Tales of the Walking Dead

The new spin-off will be an anthology series across six episodes telling stand alone tales about new and existing characters. The Daryl/Carol spin-off will then follow as the fifth Walking Dead show, likely launching late 2023.

Comment

Watched the end of Season 10 this morning. Possibly the best episode they've ever done I thought. Started on season 11 and Princess has grown on me. I like her craziness now whereas initially it just grated on me. Possibly says more about me than the character. It comes to something though when Neegan is now the most likeable character.

Comment

Fear The Walking Dead:

Just finished season 6 and loved it possibly the best season of the entire franchise. I like these characters more than those of the main series now.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          Watched the end of Season 10 this morning. Possibly the best episode they've ever done I thought. Started on season 11 and Princess has grown on me. I like her craziness now whereas initially it just grated on me. Possibly says more about me than the character. It comes to something though when Neegan is now the most likeable character.
                          I remember enjoying that episode and the one that focused on Aaron and Gabriel. It makes me wonder why they didn't do more of these episodes focusing on fewer characters more regularly.

I might start season 11 whilst I have Disney+ but I need to be in the right headspace for it.
                          Last edited by Paddy; 05-01-2022, 16:07.

Comment

There are stormtroopers in The Walking Dead now - it's well and truly jumped the shark at this point, that or someone at Disney got confused and sent the props to the wrong set. It's not been worth watching for some time and it seems to be slipping further down an unrecoverable slope.

Comment

Final season, they probably figure making any effort at all is a waste of time at this point. That one of the upcoming spin-offs is Daryl and Carol based also shows it'll literally have no real ending making the entire 11 year arc pretty pointless

Comment

I still like it and the Negan episode recently was great. The stormtroopers is a bit much though. Not the concept of what they are, but the uniforms didn't need to be so in your face. I'm not stupid, I can see what's going on without them looking like star wars props.

Comment

Working...
                                X