Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Street Fighter x Tekken / Tekken x Street Fighter (PS3/360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it looks ace personally and I have every faith in Capcom putting something very playable out despite the strange crossover.

Comment

This brings back memories of Capcom Vs SNK, especially Pro which I loved. Although the SNK characters were messed up.

I bought SF4 but just don't like it, I tried, I really did try to like it. But although the styles are so different I'm looking forwards to what Namco do with this.

Comment

I'm really loving this resurgence in fighting games it's like a return to the late 90's glory days.

Looking more forward to the Street Fighter edition but I will be getting both. It will be interesting to see how the Street Fighter characters will play in the Tekken engine, hopefully much better than they did in the EX games. Also I wonder if they'll have the same release date as I'm sure many consumers will be confused.

Comment

I like the Pacman / Megaman bits in the trailer, but thats about it.

Comment

Well, I like street fighter and I like Tekken, but which one's best? There's only one way to find out...

*I don't actually like either, not recent variants anyway.

Comment

I just saw the vid. Looks like SF4 with new characters! WTF!! They should just make it DLC for SSF4 and charge a little for the choice.

Comment

Capcom seem intent on saturating their market. Can't see how they thought this was a good idea.

Comment

Why are capcom so intent on using the same "3d/2d" game engine for all of they fighters? Marvel Vs Capcom looks the same as SF4 looks the same as Street fighter Vs Tekken. In the past they took they're time and had different game mechanics, SF Alpha was different to capcom Vs SNK was different to SF3...
                  Its just lazy now.

Rant over.

Comment

Can't say that I agree with MvC3 looking like SF4. It's not even the same engine. Plus there's Tatsunoko vs. Capcom that doesn't look like SF4 either. And as for the old games looking different that was mostly down to the fact they were all of different generations. SF2 = SNES/MD, Alpha = PS/Saturn, SF3 = DC/PS2/Xbox.

If Capcoms fighting games still look like SF4 on the next lot of consoles then your complaint would be alot more valid. There's no point singing the praises of Cap v SNK either, that was full of re-used sprites from older games, including the ones used in the Marvel games too. Rose tinted spectacles can be such a bad thing sometimes...
                    Last edited by mr_sockochris; 25-07-2010, 10:18.

Comment

Agreed.

This latest crossover should be an entertaining diversion if nothing else.

Comment

i think this looks excellent. really looking forward to it.

as for it looking like sf4, that was the rumour from ages ago. fine by me, you can already see new gameplay additions in that little vid. ryu gets his sidekick back, forward roll get ups, tag team plus two character ultras. maybe even looks a bit faster than sf4.

i'm very surprised how down people are on this. boo to you all

we had about 10 years without any new capcom fighters. i'm well happy that we're getting more. and this isnt going to be out for ages anyway.
                        SSF4 arcade/dlc characters this year perhaps
                        MvC3 early-ish next year isnt it?
                        3s online probably next year.
                        i wouldnt be surprised if this doesnt arrive till 2012.

(mvc3 graphics blatantly looks totally different to sf4, how anybody can think they are similar is beyond me)

Comment

Yeah MvC3 looks nothing like SF4 at all. Completely different engine, play mechanics and visual style.

Comment

Originally posted by BeyondJumpFish View Post
                            Why are capcom so intent on using the same "3d/2d" game engine for all of they fighters?
                            Because writing a new engine when you've already got one costs lots of money. We're long past the days of every game you develop being a 'start from scratch' thing.

Comment

They probably write a street fighter game engine and all it need to change the graphics, sound, animation and gameplay with a game editor and it is easy to make new game as the technical hard work is done.

Comment

The beauty is that we will buy it, but ultimately end up playing SSFIV instead. I'm willing to bet SSFIV will stay as the superior game, balance wise etc. What you get is an SFIV with about half of the chars ripped out and replaced by some Tekken skins. It was the same with Cap vs SNK etc. I always used to go back to the real stuff such as Third Strike or KOF 98.

SF3 TS Online announcement made a bigger impact on me, here's hoping that it won't be gimped like MvC2 but more in the style of FF Double Impact.

Comment

Working...
                                X