No announcement yet.

DJ Hero 2 party pack ?40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll kick up a stink but will keep the game anyway (unless they do replace it with the double deck).

I also applied the 15% so £34 is OK as I have the first one with a TT already.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono View Post
      I'll kick up a stink but will keep the game anyway (unless they do replace it with the double deck).

I also applied the 15% so ?34 is OK as I have the first one with a TT already.
      Which I feel is what they wanted people to do. Just out of principle I sent it back, ill pick the game up somewhere else.

As for sending you the double decks, that ain't gonna happen mate. They don't even sell hardware according to the puppet on the phone I spoke to.

Comment

Got £3 credit for moaning as a gesture of GW.

Think I'll use it with the next misprice

Comment

I've still got my copy, I should get rid of it. Did you phone up to have a moan Mr Ono or just email moaned instead?

Comment

Email moan on their online form.

Comment

Cheers for the info! I'll do the same I think. £3 is them getting of lightly given what they've done, but I just don't have the time (or know how) to get something done properly - that and I'd like my money back sooner rather than later!

Comment

Originally posted by Brats View Post
                If they send the game on it's own, might that stuff them up completely? I'm trying to remember my days studying contract law (offer, condition and acceptance) but isn't them sending something in the post acceptance of the contract?

If they send the wrong item, then it might be too bad on them and we might be fully within our rights to demand the right item (i.e. the party pack).

Might be a struggle to win that argument though.
                A struggle it was - it has taken some time, but....

Dear Mr Purser,

Thank you for your patience.

Please find enclosed the relevant hardware for the DJ Hero 2 Party Pack to complete your order.

I would like to offer my apologies once more for the disappointment and inconvenience that has been caused and hope that, despite this regrettable situation, we can look forward to your continued and much valued custom in the future at Tesco Entertainment.

Kind Regards

The Tesco Entertainment Team

Comment

I don't believe my eyes!!
                  Major kudos to you, how did you manage it all?

Comment

Fuse, I tip my hat to you.

Good work!

Comment

Fair play mate, I had no luck with them, just ended up sending my game back

Comment

First off there were lots of emails back and forth from a member of the support team - when they said that they had no record of the original page and that I must've mis-read or mis-interpreted the page, that was when I got a little frustrated and pointed out how ludicrous that was given they knew exactly what it was I was asking for without me even saying. In retrospect, I think one individual at their end presuming this kind of comment would slide probably helped my case.

I said that despite not knowing the legality of what had happened, I believed that they had lied to me via the email confirmation - and more importantly, I thought it was unfitting of a big corporation like Tesco to try and put the blame on me, wrong of them to ask me to take time out to post the game back only for a refund, and that if they were not willing to investigate further I would gladly take this further with trading standards.

The lady I spoke to at this point was actually quite helpful and then assured me she would get someone else to look at this; believe it got passed between a number of other invisible departments & individuals who asked further questions before I eventually was told they would send me the hardware - this was early Dec, and despite no sign of it (and constant ignored emails chasing this) I didn't get any further until I started calling them early Jan. First call I was promised I'd get a call back which never happened; a week later I was quite demanding (but still polite) to another member of the phone support team who chased their legal team only to find DHL had tried to deliver on the 23rd of December, but left no card, had not phoned me, and had not even tried to write me a letter to let me know they had the package.

Whilst it ended up taking up more time than I'd have liked, I am pleased with the end result - not so much for the bargain but rather standing up for myself without resorting to acting like a dick (shouting unduly at call centre types, making up sob stories and the like). Best of all, they've not asked for the original game back either

Comment

Well done mate. I never did pick this up after I sent it back.

A big pat on the back for you

Comment

Power to the people. Well done for sticking to your guns.

Comment

Nice one fuse very nice indeed

Comment

Working...
                              X