No announcement yet.

Phantasy Star Online 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I just played the pre-open beta yesterday and today, and really like it. The open beta starts on the 21/06 at around 8am. Who is up for hunting?

Comment

Definitely, I'm up.

Comment

Awesome news! So how does it play? Does it really feel like PSO or is it more PSU?

Comment

The game does have a PSO atmosphere to it. Control wise it feels like a combination of PSO and PSP2, apparently, as I have not played the PSP games. So you get the old target lock and the free aiming shoulder view, I think that was in PSU or some form of it.
          Fun thing is, when using the free aim/shoulder cam it does feel like a western shooter. 360 Pad is also supported, it
          I enjoyed playing it more than PSU. There are some new things that I needed to get used to, like weapon skills, which you can customise and can be learnt and leveled up by using discs.

I recommend to people who are interested and have limited Japanese skills, like myself, to read guides on this fan blog. You probably need to create a SEGA ID, which shouldn't be a problem, if you follow the guide on that blog.

Comment

Open beta is live!
            But think careful before choosing a ship and the character you are creating. In the open beta you are alloawed only to have one character, which is also tied to one ship only.
            At the moment I am stuck on ship 10 ;_;, and even after the beta without paying for another character it is unlikly I am going to leave the ship, brummer.

Comment

I still can't log into this, it keeps saying something about my ID and I get a 678 error.

Ah, sorted this, if anyone else has same, give me a shout.
              Last edited by SUMIRE; 21-06-2012, 18:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornflakes View Post
                Open beta is live!
                But think careful before choosing a ship and the character you are creating. In the open beta you are alloawed only to have one character, which is also tied to one ship only.
                At the moment I am stuck on ship 10 ;_;, and even after the beta without paying for another character it is unlikly I am going to leave the ship, brummer.

Ace.

How does it play with the language barriers?

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
                  Ace.

How does it play with the language barriers?
                  Thankfully that pso fan blog has most of the quest/missions translated, so when I got stuck I just alt-tab to my browser. Most story parts are voice acted and that helps a lot, if you are struggling reading the Japanese script, like me.

Actually if you delete your character, you can create a new one on another ship. That is handy to know if you want to swap ships later on, but that also means you have to start over again.

Comment

Please please please Sega - release this on home consoles too!.

I loved PSO on the Dreamcast cant remember how many hours I JOYFULLY wasted playing this with my bro & a few homeys until 4 or 5 in the morning. Was my 1st insight into online gaming & loved every minute of it (until it got hacked by some dicks as usual)

Comment

After a bit of messing about I finally managed to get this working. Just played the tutorial and the into mission and I have to say it does capture that old PSO feeling already more than PSU ever did, well worth the hassle . Tomorrow I'll have a good sit down with it to see how everything works.

Comment

Played some more, looks good, I just hope they have mega rare drops in it. Think I will wait for the English language demo now though, can't be arsed trying to work everything out.

Comment

Is there any information regarding an English release yet?

Comment

They haven't announced anything I think.

Spend a lot of time on this yesterday, absolutely loving it! It takes a while to figure it all out but I now have a basic grasp of starting and doing quests, how to use items, how to equip weapons and armor and how photon arts work. Using that fan blog site it's very doable.

I'm only level 4 and it's still early of course but so far I really feel Sega have made a worthy sequel to PSO with this game and that's saying a lot.

Comment

Streaming some Level 14+ gameplay @ www.twitch.tv/valvalion

I'm thoroughly enjoying this, and I'll be posting up some first play impressions shortly.

Comment

Hmm, kind of stuck with the cave boss. No matter how fast I try i cannot seem to get the boss killed and explored the areas 100% within 16min. The problem is on the second map I always get stuck with the collecting data mission and locked attacks ;_;.
                                Same with emergency city quest that randomly appears at times. I reckon I have to start griding my weapon and shields.

Comment

Working...
                                X