No announcement yet.

Phantasy Star Online 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S rank for missions aren't 100% exploration. It's to do with monster count / kill count, but some monsters don't count IE: repeatables that appear once you've already explored an area.

Comment

I'm sitting at work at the moment just looking forward to getting home and playing this . It's been ages since I had that happen to me, last time was probably when I just started playing WOW.

There's a few things I haven't been able to work out, mostly to do with the sub pallet:
      • I found info on the control setup that says that Left Trigger is for using the sub pallet, but pressing it doesn't seem to do anything.
      • However, when I dash with the Right Trigger after the dash my character will use whatever thing is highlighted on the sub pallet at that moment.

So it seems like something is going wrong with the buttons but I can't quite work out what it is. Does anyone else have the same problems? Also, another strange thing I noticed is that whenever I dash my character can't do Just Attacks for a few minutes, is this an intended mechanic? Seems kinda strange, it makes me not want to dash...

Comment

I think I'll finally fire this up when I get home later on

Comment

Make it the first thing you do when you get in. It took ages to download now it's taking ages to update. I've actually just started downloading a pre-patched version that has been uploaded via PSO World to google docs and bit torrent. Hopefully that will work and I can actually try the game. Looks cool though

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
            S rank for missions aren't 100% exploration. It's to do with monster count / kill count, but some monsters don't count IE: repeatables that appear once you've already explored an area.
            Thanks for the tip. Manage to beat the worm, not sure if I was lucky or not, the worm i beat had one of these infections on it. Normally those enemies are stronger, however since I am playing most of the time as a ranger I just concentrate hitting that red dot with a launcher. I figure out later it is much easier to use a gunslasher or any close combat weapon to beat that thing, if time is a concern. You just need to run along side it and use the dodge move when he slams his body at you.

But now I am stuck at the Vol Dragon. His flames just kills me in an instant, and I think I am at a pretty high level, 19.
            On the bright side I got my first rare drop, in classic red box, and MAG changed its form. Maybe I should have spend some points on tech defense..
            Have to say the game can be sometimes really funny/cruel. Today I ran into a vol dragon in the middle of the free cave map, another group was attacking it already, so I joined in. When we finally manage to kill it, another one appeared and wiped us all out. Similar thing happened a few days back when i encounter two rock bears straight after another, and just behind those rock bears I could see another group fighting a couple of those flying squids.

Another thing I noticed is that the enemies do sometimes attack each other, if they are from different groups.

Comment

The Dragon was my pain point until JUST now, when I managed to complete the 2.5k EXP client order by doing the Dragon with just myself and one other ranger in the party.

As soon as the dragon flies up into the air to do his flame breath attack, run directly underneath him. It won't hit you.

Comment

This will be the game D3 should have been. Too bad I'm hooked on LoL now.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
                  The Dragon was my pain point until JUST now, when I managed to complete the 2.5k EXP client order by doing the Dragon with just myself and one other ranger in the party.

As soon as the dragon flies up into the air to do his flame breath attack, run directly underneath him. It won't hit you.
                  Finally made it to the desert yesterday, not sure but I beat the dragon under 20min, but was over 16min and still got the desert pass. The assault rifle is really useful in boss fights, because it also you to roll way, the dodging move with the gunslash is just a small step aside, which was not really useful. But the easiest way to beat the boss fights is with other people/player. One guys has to sacrifice himself/herself by running loops around the boss and the other concentrating in giving him coverfire/attack.

Never thought I would say it, but this is the game of the year for me, and being a F2P, I am a bit surprise, how polish and fun it is, compared to some retail games.

Comment

Will this still come out on vita ? or any home console or is it just stuck on pc

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
                      Will this still come out on vita ? or any home console or is it just stuck on pc
                      Apparently IOS, Androis and PSvita are the other platforms. Supposedly it is cross-platform, so no big difference. The engine seems pretty scalable. The PC version also support the 360 pad, that will give you the console feel, that you are looking for.

Comment

Desert is wonderful for experience points - Enemy density ahoy, and regular mobs that give you 54xp per kill. Quite tasty.

I'm working on the Desert free roam quest now, as well as the hard mode quest (Kill 5 of each boss). Packing level 19 now so by the time I'm done, I'll have hit the 20 requirement too.

4* loot is dropping like candy now, and I've managed to transfer an ability over to my launcher that increases its damage. Win win!

Comment

Manage to unlock hard. Had to do the free desert run twice, because I ran into the boss in mid level a coupe of times, besides that boss from the city. I have to say the desert boss is really easy compared to the city boss, who is a pain.

Comment

Just got wind that an European and NA version will be released in spring 2013. Source is actually the fansite pso-world.
                            Obviously the advantage for the wait are, more accessible payment options, language barrier and latency.
                            If the news is true, www.pso2.com should be up shortly, as in hours, days or weeks.

Comment

People who are familiar with the original PSO should still give the Japanese version a go, though. The basic format of the game is pretty much the same as the original game, and key items are recognisable by their icon. Plenty of guides and blogs exist online now that fill in the gaps. And for people who do possess basic Japanese skills, most item names are written in katakana and thus are very easy to read.

It is bizarre that an iOS and Android version of the game is planned for release ahead of a Vita version. The idea of playing this game on a touchscreen makes me cringe.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                                It is bizarre that an iOS and Android version of the game is planned for release ahead of a Vita version. The idea of playing this game on a touchscreen makes me cringe.
                                Last I heard is, that the IOS/Android version is only single player with social elements, what ever that means. The PSV version should be the same as the PC version. I wounder if sony will release an attachable keyboard for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X