Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just hoping beta will allow us to use our main characters.

Comment

Was that the first time "Answers" was played? Did SE know from day one that this was going to happen?

Looking forward to trialing the new version on PS3 - according to the PS3 EU blog, SE are honoring all the PS3 beta invites that were included in the FFXIII CE which is good of them.

Disappointed I missed out on legacy status, but I doubt I'll be devoting as many years to this as I did with XI, so while a ?2 saving each month would have been nice, for the sake of a year or two if that, I won't lose sleep over it.

Comment

In it's original form yes, that's the first time Answers has been used. A creepified version started playing a week ago in all zones too:

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
          Was that the first time "Answers" was played? Did SE know from day one that this was going to happen?

Looking forward to trialing the new version on PS3 - according to the PS3 EU blog, SE are honoring all the PS3 beta invites that were included in the FFXIII CE which is good of them.

Disappointed I missed out on legacy status, but I doubt I'll be devoting as many years to this as I did with XI, so while a ?2 saving each month would have been nice, for the sake of a year or two if that, I won't lose sleep over it.
          Answers has never actually been used properly in the game itself although End of an Era isn't the first trailer it's been used in. It was also used in a prerelease trailer shortly before launch.

The version Rep posted above is the only time in game it was heard.

The actual original track itself has been in the game's DAT files since the original beta days in Summer 2010 so your question about whether S-E had plans along these lines is actually a matter of big debate. Common theory is that there was always plans for Meteor to be the threat for the game's first major storyline (the umbral eras were mentioned very early on) although we were likely meant to stop it.

When it became clear a widespread relaunch of the game was needed, this was probably redeveloped into the Dalamud/Bahamut events we had over the past year culminating in End of an Era.

Comment

Now this has been down awhile I am starting to really want to get back on it, some are saying beta wont even be until jan or feb now with official release june or july, its gonna suck if its that long of a wait.

Comment

I'd be really surprised if it takes that long to hit retail, Jan/Feb sounds about likely for Beta though. Either way they're doing it properly this time, and not just realising a demo.

Comment

Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

Comment

Working...
                X