This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starter city is Limsa Lominsa.

Logged in early this morning and I now have teleport to Ul'dah and Gridania sorted.

Class is Pugilist for now.

Spent more time fiddling with the configuration. Resorted to turning off Depth of Field as well as Ambient Occlusion and was getting sustained 60FPS with 2xMSAA and Forced VSync. Was quite happy although started to dip once I got to the Black Shroud and Gridania. Think I'll leave it like this for now. Spending more time adjusting settings rather than playing so far.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
      Starter city is Limsa Lominsa.

Logged in early this morning and I now have teleport to Ul'dah and Gridania sorted.

Class is Pugilist for now.

Spent more time fiddling with the configuration. Resorted to turning off Depth of Field as well as Ambient Occlusion and was getting sustained 60FPS with 2xMSAA and Forced VSync. Was quite happy although started to dip once I got to the Black Shroud and Gridania. Think I'll leave it like this for now. Spending more time adjusting settings rather than playing so far.
      (Sorry for all the questions but) did you notice much of an increase by disabling Depth of Field? I really like the look that gives and with my old PC & Graphics Card it didn't seem to effect things whether this was on or off. Did you force VSync in the Graphics Card Drivers? and what benefit did you see from this?

Comment

Sorry, forgot to put my class is Archer.

Comment

Originally posted by talizker View Post
          (Sorry for all the questions but) did you notice much of an increase by disabling Depth of Field? I really like the look that gives and with my old PC & Graphics Card it didn't seem to effect things whether this was on or off. Did you force VSync in the Graphics Card Drivers? and what benefit did you see from this?
          I find performance in this game really odd. I’ve been running FRAPS to get an accurate FPS counter while I change things around. The real pain is having to logout of the game each time I want to change things.

Before turning off Depth of Field I was running around Thalania (sp?) and was hovering around the low 50s. Disabling it gave me sustained 60FPS (with 2xMSAA at 1680x1050). Forced VSync was via the Nvidia Control Panel yes and it has stopped all screen tearing. To be honest, I wasn’t getting a massive amount of tearing in the field (the game would just drop frames instead) but I noticed when on the ferry it held 60FPS constantly but tearing was more pronounced.

I’m definitely exceeding the recommended specs though and I thought my benchmark scores were pretty good.

Maybe I need to tinker some more if you think that Depth of Field shouldn’t be affecting performance that much.

Comment

Depth of field can be quite pricey because it requires a re-render of the full screen buffer again at a lower resolution but with varied samples.

I'd avoid it if there are performance problems.

Comment

Is the servers down? The client is unable to access the server for a server check or something and it just then quits.

Must be getting hammered.

Comment

Just read that the Japanese version of this typos the Chocobos so they're called 'chocopos' XD

I'm semi tempted to pick this up again but I'm just not sure. May wait till a website posts a non-biased/hype filled "my first 10 hours with FFXIV" based off of the retail version.

Trouble is, middle of October is when 3-4 games I want to play come out...

Comment

There's maintenance planned for a couple of hours this evening, It would be nice for the Euro players to have It during the daytime for a change

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                    There's maintenance planned for a couple of hours this evening, It would be nice for the Euro players to have It during the daytime for a change
                    Do we know what time?

Comment

Not sure, It's not mentioned on the support site for some reason, I think It was 5-8 but I'm not 100%. I don't want to log In and check because then I'll never get any work done

Comment

Yeah, I tried to look on the site and couldn't find it. I think they need to get that sorted.

Well I wasn't due home until about 8pm, but it's stupid that it's at a peak time for the UK. Understandably, it will have to be at some time, but it's obviously to benefit the Japanese as that's 1AM for them.

Comment

They went over 36 hours of the servers being live before needing maint? I didn't give S-E enough credit. I predicted 12.

Comment

Maybe they'll fix the door into the Centaur's Eye in Gridania. When it opens, it effectively collapses onto the floor and just swings open and closed whilst it's sideways.

Comment

Maint is 5pm to 8pm

Comment

Gutted, maint kicked in as i was just about to finish the 2nd nation quest.

Does anyone know how to use macros? Im using the nomal battle commands that apear in the circles at the bottom middle of the screen at the moment.

Why ive been looking up about repairs i found this..

Might be handy for you crafters out there.

And im serious SE, i dont care about the bits of lag, the slow fighting menu options w/e. ADD CRTL + R for talking to people....

Some stuff thats been in 11 since start and they cant get some really simple stuff right.

Oh and theres a update to download btw.
                                Last edited by djtickle; 23-09-2010, 17:47.

Comment

Working...
                                X