Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a cluster f**k, check out some of the other forums, people are getting perfectly active cards declined and everything. Even to use the Crysta pre-pay you need to sign up to one of the 2 payment methods, which you ultimately get charged. There's also no mention of getting that £2.40 back anywhere on the Clickandbuy site FAQ. In all fairness I never paid for my copy of XIV, but It's still not on.

Worried at the minute that each month they'll be an addition Clickandbuy charge.

Comment

That's what I was trying to convey. Especially since Crysta you can not buy in the increments for a monthly charge. IE: 1000 crystas equal £10. Monthly it's £8.99. So you will have a spare £1.01 each month.

Doesn't bode well to start. I know most online games have problems on day one, but has any other MMORPG had such a serious problem the day before it launches?

Comment

Just checked my accounts and it seems I got a ?3.40 charge from CaB -_-

I ain't had sleep and this stuffs confusing me more lol I'm just gonna leave it alone until I know for sure how the system will work.
        Last edited by shafropuff; 21-09-2010, 12:54.

Comment

Hmm just got my CE copy through and was quite happy, now i'm reading about all this payment stuff and I feel a headache coming on.

Comment

Following Rep's advice I read around a little. Let me get this right. Click & Buy will make 2 random charges to my card, I then need to confirm with my CC company what the value of these charges are?

Yeah I can see telephoning my CC company and asking "two random charges have been made to my card, can you tell me what they are please" won't arouse any concerns whatsoever.

Do S-E not realise that I want my CC details in the hands of as few companies as possible, not with random third parties who are offering me no service at all.
            Last edited by C'; 21-09-2010, 13:13.

Comment

and the updater is as great as ever topping out at a whopping 0kb/s.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                Do S-E not realise that I want my CC details in the hands of as few companies as possible, not with random third parties who are offering me no service whatsoever.
                You HAVE to enter a mobile number too when signing up with Clickandbuy, not sure how you're going to get round that one.

Comment

Man this payment system is just the worst i've ever seen, someone at SE needs a slap in the face for all this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                    You HAVE to enter a mobile number too when signing up with Clickandbuy, not sure how you're going to get round that one.

Awesome!

Out of curiousity, does the game packaging state anywhere you need a mobile phone to play this game?

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                      Following Rep's advice I read around a little. Let me get this right. Click & Buy will make 2 random charges to my card, I then need to confirm with my CC company what the value of these charges are?

Yeah I can see telephoning my CC company and asking "two random charges have been made to my card, can you tell me what they are please" won't arouse any concerns whatsoever.

Do S-E not realise that I want my CC details in the hands of as few companies as possible, not with random third parties who are offering me no service at all.
                      The two charges are only if you want to verify your account. Which I wouldn't be surprised if eventually they require all to do.

Comment

Well this clickandbuy place certainly sucks, it didn't like my Address, it makes you use special characters in your P/W so you can more easily forget what it is, you have to have a stupid pin sent to your mobile that never arrives on your mobile.

Very dissapointed with this setup.

Comment

It states in the manual "An account can be acquired for free and used to add options and automatically pay service fees per service peroid" under the ClickandBuy option.

So if we end up having these charges, they ain't got a leg to stand on.

Comment

Well somehow I managed to get everything setup without doing the mobile pin thing, on the credit card confirmation I just ignored the pin part and clicked confirm and it seems to have worked.

Comment

I got it all setup but what a pain. Why can't I just put my card in like 11?

If I get charged monthly for click and buy the wifes goin to go mad. There will be no way I'm keeping 2 11 accounts open and a 14.

Comment

I wonder if the PS3 release is going to be plagued by all this ****.

Hopefully they'd simplify it somehow, unless it comes to mentioning on the box somewhere the fact that you need a PC with internet access to register

Perhaps after the first 6 months, just trying to register the game nevermind playing it won't be such a massive cluster****!

Comment

Working...
                                X