This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Fantasy XIV Then...

[As Sdub said at the beginning of a very long thread in October 2003...] Out next week, who'll be braving the land of Eorzea with me?

The NTSC-uk World of choice is Istory and Linkshell is Rargh

FFXIV Name / Main Class / Starting City - Forum Name

Ark Angel / ? / ? - Djtickle
    Bad Wolf / Gladiator / Ul'dah - Kerushi
    Elaniel Losalair / Archer / Gridania - elaniel
    Moot / ? / ? - Moot
    Rare Mihgero / Pugilist / Limsa Lominsa - C'
    Repp Penney / ? / ? - Rep
    Tali Zker / Conjurer / Limsa Lominsa - talizker
    Tonco Haemon / ? / ? - mikewl

Kennedy Forthwrightk - InvisibleKid
    Reinhardt Stormbringer / Gladiator / Limsa Lominsa - Zero9X
    Tobal Wyman / ? / ? - Tobal
    Tsingtao Seraphite / Gladiator / Limsa Lominsa - Tsingtao
    Last edited by talizker; 02-11-2010, 14:56.

I was about to post the exact same thread So long the next 9 years of my life~

Comment

My name may not be final yet. Undecided about whether my character will be male or female this time and don’t think Rare Hero would be suitable for a woman.

Had my “shipped” mail from GAME but come to learn that this means nothing from them (usually it’s a way to prevent you from cancelling an order at the last minute) so expect it will actually leave the depot today or tomorrow. Don’t expect to be on the game properly until Friday though and plan to get the afternoon off work in preparation.

Comment

I got the "shipped email" Saturday. I think we will receive them tomorrow (actually being despatched today).

Servers coming up approximately 2AM on the 22nd for us in the UK.

Even though it's super easy to get between each city, I'm still conflicted on which starter city. I love the one we all started at in the beta, but the one with the port was beautiful, and is great to have the ferry's there. Was really excited the first time I rode on in XI and then again in XIV. I know a lot of the time will be spent away from the cities, and we can use crystals to transport, but I need to make up my mind fast.

Comment

Any idea how the XI subscribers get the Hermes' Shoes?

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
            Any idea how the XI subscribers get the Hermes' Shoes?
            It says that as long as your PlayOnline account is linked to your Square Enix Account, when you enter the CD Key upon registering the physical copy of the game and create your character, the item will be in your inventory.

Same for the pre-order and FFXIII bonuses. After registering the CD key, just fill in the codes on your Square Enix Account, then create your character.
            Last edited by elaniel; 20-09-2010, 14:31.

Comment

I read yesterday that all 4 bonus items:

Standard Edition Pre-Order (Garlond Goggles)
              Collector's Edition Pre-Order (Onion Helm)
              Final Fantasy XIII Promo Code (Asuran Armguards)
              Active XI Account (Hermes' Shoes)

should all be registered when creating your XIV account. All characters then created afterwards will receive the items in question. Downside to this is that if you pre-order the standard edition just to get Garlond Goggles (yes I did consider this ) you would get the code a week later and would have to start again as you can't add them to a current character apparently.

Comment

Hopefully I won't miss too much of the launch, i'm moving Thursday maybe, still waiting on contracts to be signed, once they are I gotta let Talktalk know i'm moving and from looking on their site it could be 2-3 weeks before I have internet, i'll probably try testing it out with my mobile phone internet hooked to my pc but I don't think it will work well enough.

Comment

Mines just arrived, (i know theres a thread for this). Box is miles bigger than i thought and you get a lovley tin....

Comment

Pictures please!!

Comment

Is your copy from GAME?

I've just set up the ClickandPay account that I need for paying my sub. Wow... it doesn't really give you a lot of confidence as they do a £2.50 reserve without even telling you when you add your card through Square Enix Account. Then if you want to verify your account you get two charges that are placed on your card. These aren't refunded, but used as credit on a future charge.

I think I may use Crysta (if I could fully understand it) in the future. Why can't Square-Enix use their own billing service?
                      Last edited by elaniel; 21-09-2010, 10:03.

Comment

Yeah from game. I have not got anywhere i can host pictures im affraid

It didnt come with the postman, it came in its own van. My postmans not here normally till about 12.

Can you not just pay for your sub via debit or credit card like 11?

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                          I have not got anywhere i can host pictures im affraid
                          Flickr? Picasa? Please!!

Comment

Holy big box of SE MMORPG goodness (mine just arrived from Game)!

Comment

Originally posted by InvisibleKid View Post
                              Flickr? Picasa? Please!!
                              Here u go then!

Upside down pics ftw.

Comment

Working...
                              X