No announcement yet.

Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All my favorite games have year exclusives over the years! Mario kart, zelda, halo, uncharted, mgs etc.

Comment

There's no such thing as console exclusive if you own all the consoles, which most people should. It's about the games and the thought of missing out because I can't bare owning the hardware is just a sadder thought all round.

Comment

I've always agreed with the point that games being multiformat is, in general, a positive thing. Of course, there are situations where it is not possible for a game to be multiformat (such as first party titles, or maybe the studio does not have enough resources to produce multiple versions of a game), but it can only be a good thing if more people have the opportunity to play a game.

Reading about people's so-called sense of 'betrayal' when Final Fantasy XIII went multiplatform was quite disturbing, as is people's glee when a platform holder pays money in a brown envelope for exclusive DLC. Quite frankly, I can't see how depriving one group of people from playing a game, just to make another group of people happy, can possibly be a good thing. No-one 'gains' anything from exclusives other than bragging rights. Final Fantasy XIII going multiformat meant that a whole new group of people could now play the game, and I extend that same logic to any other game.

Comment

For many, many years I've bought and enjoyed each console that was available but for probably the first time ever I've reduced gaming to just a single platform.

I appreciate that this means missing out on a few games but to be completely honest, I don't think I've ever enjoyed gamin as much as I do now. A couple of years ago we owned a Wii, PlayStation 3 and 360 although there was, for simplicities sake, three times as many games they just didn't seem to get played like they do now.

I've found that simplifying my gaming habits has really improved things when it comes to enjoying those games. I still have a few games waiting to be played properly but most of them are stuck in a box in the spare room and we have just three games out which are currently being played.

I no longer want to have a glut of "stuff" and that includes both consoles and games, it just feels excessive and more than a little empty to me.

If there is an exclusive game on a platform that I don't have access to which I'd like to play then it is simple enough these days to just hire or borrow that console and game for a few days.

My feelings concerning exclusive games is the same as it's always been, it's a horrible simplification but...
          • The advantage is that the developer should be able to squeeze a bit more out of a single platform.
          • The disadvantage is that some people could miss out on playing that game.

Given the option I'd really rather there was a single platform, with a choice of three at the moment I can choose which is the most suitable for me by what each platform offers me but I would forgo that choice for a single platform.

Although it rarely happens here now, if people do ever start putting down platforms due to some sort of strange masonic type ritual then people on here seem to know well enough to just not respond to that sort of vacant noise and it disappears on its own.
          Last edited by JP; 05-05-2011, 16:33.

Comment

GAHHH when i buy something on xbox live then a week later its on a special offer

Comment

The term 'AAA quality' irks me. Something like that should only be decided after the game is out and has proved itself. It shouldn't be slapped on a title that's years away from release. This gen has been awful for this: now games are in HD suddenly everything is considered AAA and being given limited edition and collectors edition releases, when they haven't done anything to deserve such treatment. It really bugs me, even if it shouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by sixty View Post
                now games are in hd suddenly everything is considered aaa and being given limited edition and collectors edition releases, when they haven't done anything to deserve such treatment..
                bing!

Comment

Rage quitters. EVERY SODDING TIME I play a ranked match on FIFA, no matter who it's against, if I take the lead, the other person quits out.

Just went 3-1 up against Barca as Corinthians and as soon as the third goal went in, connection was lost. Cocktwats.

Comment

The multi platform argument is an interesting one. I am irked by Namco, they release Ridge Racer and Tekken onto the 360 but not Time Crisis. Now I will have to buy a PS3 sooner or later, but I bet after I do they'll release some 360 Time Crisis pack.

Comment

Originally posted by FamiDude View Post
                      Rage quitters. EVERY SODDING TIME I play a ranked match on FIFA, no matter who it's against, if I take the lead, the other person quits out.

Just went 3-1 up against Barca as Corinthians and as soon as the third goal went in, connection was lost. Cocktwats.
                      I don't know why ALL games don't follow Warcraft's example... you quit even a casual game and you can't re-enter for another 15mins. Games companies clearly favour these idiotic twats.

Comment

Capcom have annoyed me recently with a multi-platform related irk.
                        The Devil May Cry HD (1-3) collection was announced to come out on PS3 but not on 360 and I don't happen to have a PS3. Gah!
                        Whereas DMC4 was released on both consoles...I can't work out why the collection can't get the same treatment.

DMC2 was a pile of poop anyway but I REALLY would love to have DMC3 in HD. One of my all time fave games that one.

Comment

HMV!

I guess it was a matter of time but they've changed their trade in values so instead of the good old days of ?35-?38 for recent releases you now get the GAME style ?21 to ?25. It was amazing whilst it lasted though

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                            HMV!

I guess it was a matter of time but they've changed their trade in values so instead of the good old days of ?35-?38 for recent releases you now get the GAME style ?21 to ?25. It was amazing whilst it lasted though
                            They will beat CEX by a quid though still who often give ?30+ for new releases.

I love HMV trade ins - some old games they still give like ?20 for even though you can buy them second hand online for ?10 or so. Got me loads of stuff effectively "half price" over the past month or two!

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                              HMV!

That's still amazing tbh, here in Holland the standard practice is you get a 3rd of the current retail price.

Comment

The way Codemasters talk all over the menus of their racing games. Not only is it annoying, but I can't play with the radio on because I might miss something important and there's no way to go back and hear it again. What was wrong with text?

Comment

Working...
                                X