Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ady View Post
    Ah, the very thing that almost stopped me playing Fahrenheit back on the PS2.

Anyway, my irk: games that start with developer splash screens and logos that cannot be skipped.
    This is getting absolutely ridiculous nowadays, especially with all the middleware used that all needs its own splash screen.

Presented by..
    Published by..
    Using technologies from .. (5 screens worth)

And people wonder why I play very few modern titles, I can't be arsed to try the demo half the time on the stores.

Comment

Despite being on all my friends preferred lists, I can't connect to them, yet I can get into any other game.

Comment

tutorials in games...mostly rts games...just feel so long winded

Comment

framerates.........

in this day and age with the processing power of the current gen consoles why the hell are the majority of dev's struggling to keep their games runnning at a lowly 30fps locked.

yeah most of you are probably gonna say that its because of visuals but really lets scale back on the visuals and get the games running buttery smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by moonwhistle View Post
            Achievements / trophies : a curse of modern gaming

Static backdrops: read laziness

3rd person action games that require you to use thumbsticks like they are d-pads

3rd person action games

Any game that says "lock and load" or "hoorah"

Unskippable cutscenes and or being required to talk to people and read stupid text

Unlockables that force you to finish game before you use them. Ninja Gaiden for example. I really want to play the Ninja Gaiden Nes trilogy locked away on the disc but there's no way I'm sitting through that train wreck of a game to get them.

I'm sure there are many more annoyances, I'm tough to please these days.
            Shame on you, 3rd person action games are the best!

Anybody mention un-pausable cut-scenes yet? Nightmare when you play games while working on call.

Comment

The mrs

Comment

Originally posted by Shez View Post
                The mrs

watching the gf playing games can be painful ....was playing house of the dead 3 for the wii...and the "reload" voice is getting really annoying now

Comment

The fact that games don't have sound tests anymore.

Comment

One boss fight followed instantly by another boss fight. While this might happen rather frequently with turned based RPGs it's games like Ninja Gaiden and the like, where you use up all your healing items on the first fight only to find out that you've stiffed yourself by starting the aforementioned second boss with half a health bar and no way of recovering which primarily get my goat and rape it

Comment

Why can't anybody make a good videogame show?

I can only think of Gamesmaster, Bits, Bad Influence and most recently Thumb Candy that were any good.

How hard can it be to do a weekly review show for an entertainment industry that's bigger than movies?

Comment

VideoGaiden was quite good. Bettered by Consolevania but only because CV didn't really have any restrictions on time or material.

Comment

On Uncharted when you jump towards a ledge, and your character magically slides past the ledge and falls to they're doom. Thats right, the same problem that was on all the Tomb Raider games and 3D platformers on the Playstation still exists 15 years and 2 console generations later.

Comment

another irk of mine is screen tearing in games i find it horribly distracting

Comment

Overly loud footsteps, especially ones that never change.

Resident Evil did it right (the footsteps differ a lot and build atmosphere), Lots of games don't

Comment

a irk of mine still not 100% sure why but every year "best of 2010" i think it might be that usually games that have already been hyped to high heaven get hyped more
                                would prefer that there were list of games perhaps did not get the hype (but were still good)

Comment

Working...
                                X