No announcement yet.

Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think 'you died' and game over screens need an overhaul. Any time I die in a game I'm 99.9% sure I'm dead without having a game over screen hanging around for 30 seconds before I can get back into the game. Just do a quick screen shatter or something and chuck me back at the save point. Don't hammer it in that I'm dead.

Comment

Umm, would land better had they not hounded Kojima. I mean, they do say of any kind...

Comment

Trying to play Diablo3 multiplayer on SeriesX. First it said I can’t join my pal as i need a seasonal character, then my pal who has a seasonal character couldn’t join me as you guessed it, needs a seasonal character.

Anyone got any ideas how to get this to just work? We just want to play casually coop through the campaign, this should just be easy drop in/out.

Comment

The pricing structure of some games and season passes just puts me right off.

I played the latest Tekken with Shinobi the other week and there were a decentish amount of characters, but they wanted you to buy more and their unique outfits.

We're talking about playing Soulcalibur VI and the core game is a mere £7.69, but to get all the characters, you're forking out for passes and packs more than the core game. Remember when you used to play through the game you'd bought and it unlocked characters?

SOULCALIBUR Ⅵ
          -86%
          £7.69

SOULCALIBUR Ⅵ Season Pass
          -70%
          £7.49

SOULCALIBUR VI Season Pass 2
          £26.99

SOULCALIBUR Ⅵ Deluxe Edition
          £79.99

SOULCALIBUR VI - DLC11: Setsuka
          £4.99

SOULCALIBUR VI - DLC1: Tira
          £3.99

SOULCALIBUR VI - DLC13: Hwang
          £4.99

SOULCALIBUR VI - DLC6: Cassandra
          £4.99

SOULCALIBUR VI - DLC5: Character Creation Set B
          £4.99

SOULCALIBUR VI - DLC12: Character Creation Set E
          £3.29

SOULCALIBUR VI - DLC2: 2B
          £4.99

SOULCALIBUR VI - DLC3: Character Creation Set A
          £4.99

SOULCALIBUR VI - DLC4: Amy
          £4.99

SOULCALIBUR VI - DLC7: Hilde
          £4.99

SOULCALIBUR VI - DLC14: Character Creation Set F
          £3.29

SOULCALIBUR VI - DLC10: Character Creation Set D
          £3.29

SOULCALIBUR VI - DLC9: Haohmaru
          £4.99

SOULCALIBUR VI - DLC8: Character Creation Set C
          £3.29

BONUS IRK: You search for Soulcalibur and it brings all these up, but if you click any of them, it takes you to the sales home page!
          Last edited by QualityChimp; 23-07-2021, 07:42.

Comment

Games that patch in the launcher eg Steam Or Microsoft store.....but then download another patch while in the game

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              The pricing structure of some games and season passes just puts me right off.

Guilty Gear Strive season pass 29.99 which has 5 characters 2 new stages some colors and additional story

Seems expensive to me for just that content

Comment

When it comes to fighters I've just walked away from them completely on that front, I'm more than happy to wait for the inevitable cheap price complete edition down the line. Paying for DLC fighters doesn't bother me but many are rinsing the good will dry.

Comment

Played both Street Fighter V and Soul Calibur 6 last night and was unimpressed with the core handful of fighters and the massive gaps on the selection screens for each game.

SF was with PS+ and SC was about £7 in a sale, but normally it's £55!

I'd be proper pissed off dropping that amount of cash and getting an incomplete game.

Comment

The stigma that short game = bad game irks me.
                    Plenty of short games are phenomenal and remembered well, but reviewers still look down on them.

Comment

Honestly most games could be 1/10th of the length they are, or less. They just fill them with repetitive stuff to pad out the runtime.

Comment

Yep, 8-12 hours is the perfect sweet spot. Lower and prices often aren't worth it as a consumer, longer and it usually means a weaker experience.

Comment

It obviously massively depends on the game and what works for it. I'm a big advocate for single-sitting games. I'd love more movie length game experiences.

Comment

I like open world games but feel they could be reigned in quite a lot, Assassins creed series being a prime example.

I played Rage 2 and enjoyed it a lot, as open worlds it was nowhere near the biggest but the combat was great....but then after a few hours I noticed the same type of missions and busy work pop up and it did get repetitive though thankfully as the combat was so good it made up for it

Comment

People kept saying about Astrobot being a demo, not its not, its just not got 100hrs of garbage time wasting filler, and Miles Morales, oh its a tiny game, not its not its still 15-20hrs long.

Not every game needs to a be a second job you spend your life on.
                              Last edited by fishbowlhead; 29-07-2021, 11:33.

Comment

Microsoft Flight simulator has taken me around 3 days to update....and no idea why as download speeds were fine though granted still 150Gb + download, also as my irk before it has to download the update in game to ...though funnily enough after still updating in game it stopped and said i needed to download a launcher update before i could download the main update....ffs

Comment

Working...
                                X