No announcement yet.

Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reducing file size excuse is an absolute crock of s***. Got to be the most dishonest company in the gaming industry, so bad they actually made Activision look good in the end before the split.
    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 21-10-2021, 12:57.

Comment

Gears 5 is now 2 years old. For all its faults, everything that has been released, even from day 1, is still there and available if you wish to get it. That's much better support overall, even if the multiplayer still has hit box flaws.
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

All I ever really want from Destiny is to have the base game and then have objectives, missions, events etc updated regularly. Add new planets over time and monetise things like costumes etc so that everyone remains on the same content as each other. Destiny 2 has been warped into a bleeding cash udder I assume to try and maximise $$$ and avoid the cost of producing a new game

Comment

And now with Destiny 2 seems like some dungeons that were always with previous expansions are now locked behind the more expensive deluxe version of next expansion

Comment

D2 will be pay per minute soon. With a charge for all the content on top.

Comment

I had to go back three pages to find this thread, but it was worth it, so I could complain about the fact that the global 'invert Y axis' setting on the PS5 does jack all.

I was really glad to see when that was setting up my new console last November. The only previous machine I can remember having that setting was the 360, which had it from launch. And it was respected by every game that I can remember.

Even the bloody first party games don't respect the setting on the PS5 half the time!

Now you may very well say, it's not a big deal, it's surely the work of a moment to navigate to the settings and adjust as required. And that is true. But still, it irks me.

Comment

Racing games, lets just stop it with catch up mechanics, on rails ai and down right cheating by that ai, its not fun and just makes me want to turn the game off.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  Racing games, lets just stop it with catch up mechanics, on rails ai and down right cheating by that ai, its not fun and just makes me want to turn the game off.
                  Burnout 3 was the worst for that. Didn't matter if you drove flawlessly, the ai was never more than a second off your ass.

Comment

Playing Horizon5 last night and you have these s**t box ford puma on rails zooming off ahead your fully upgraded Evo7, its just ridiculous.

Comment

Playing GTA Online's racing we turned off the catchup, but ended up putting it back on again, purely because it made it more fun.
                      If you're out on the first lap, without catchup, it's no fun and sometimes it's not even worth continuing, so you arse around until everyone else is done.

With catchup on, the race ain't over 'til it's over.

Yes, unrealistic, but with mates, it made it more fun.

Comment

I think project cars got ai racing right. If you set the difficulty to max you have almost no chance of winning. The trick is to find the sweat spot for you. More racers need this.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          Playing GTA Online's racing we turned off the catchup, but ended up putting it back on again, purely because it made it more fun.
                          If you're out on the first lap, without catchup, it's no fun and sometimes it's not even worth continuing, so you arse around until everyone else is done.

With catchup on, the race ain't over 'til it's over.

Yes, unrealistic, but with mates, it made it more fun.

If I'm better than the ai and have worked to get ahead then its tough nuts for them, if racing game devs don't like this then actually put some dam effort into the ai instead of cheating mechanics.

Comment

Don't misunderstand me, AI rubberbanding is a bloody outrage!
                            I was just saying, with mates, where the race was the fun, not the win, it was better on.

Comment

See also MK8 without weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                                Burnout 3 was the worst for that. Didn't matter if you drove flawlessly, the ai was never more than a second off your ass.
                                Think it was need for speed underground 2 flawless race....until the last corner and messed up the last corner and went from first to last in a few seconds

Comment

Working...
                                X