No announcement yet.

Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

360 was fantastic the first year, after that not so much, just ran out of steam too quickly on the games front, the interface and adds at the end of its life took the absolute mick as well.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      360 was fantastic the first year, after that not so much, just ran out of steam too quickly on the games front, the interface and adds at the end of its life took the absolute mick as well.
      Oh c'mon now - I mean Street Fighter IV and Modern Warfare 2 only came out a few years in, and those games practically were the 360 for some people (SFIV in my case).

Comment

Just want to agree that the 360 was amazing.

I have vivid memories of setting it all up on launch day and playing capture the flag on Perfect Dark Zero with a kid in America. AMERICA! In real time, not pen pals or an international phonecall after 7pm!

Agree that the dash became awful, but there was a bit of excitement that they could actually make changes to the dash and people looked forward to seeing what was new. RIP blade dash.

Also want to big up VR. Playing Astro Bot is one of my favourite gaming memories ever and that was within the last year.
        It gave me the sense of wonder and exploration I'd not experienced since beginning gaming as a kid.
        It felt like every step of the way, they'd realised what fun things you'd try out and be ahead of you.

Gaming irk: I can no longer watch Channel 5 on my Xbox One.

Comment

Yeah VR saved gaming for me. I'd have stopped gaming completely without it. The innovations in AAA are largely centred around extracting money from gamers sadly. There are plenty of great indie and second tier games around of course so it's not all doom and gloom and even this month's arsehole developer - Rockstar - made Red Dead Redemption a couple of years back; a true AAA single player utterly awesome game! But, that's not the trend I'm seeing sadly.

Comment

My gaming irk is that I don't have a VR headset.

I really feel like I need to wait for PSVR2 at this point. Hope it isn't too far away.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              My gaming irk is that I don't have a VR headset.

I really feel like I need to wait for PSVR2 at this point. Hope it isn't too far away.
              You can pick up a psvr reasonable cheap. Play it, sell it, upgrade...

Comment

I'm terrible at selling stuff. And the box is massive. I'd just own it forever.

The thing is it's still £250+. It's enough that I feel I'm much better off waiting now, I feel like we're in spitting distance.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  I'm terrible at selling stuff. And the box is massive. I'd just own it forever.

The thing is it's still £250+. It's enough that I feel I'm much better off waiting now, I feel like we're in spitting distance.
                  I think they said holidays 2022.
                  Still £250? I'll have to sell mine...

Comment

Bit of a hardware irk as two xbox play&charge kits have stopped delivering decent charges this year, and replacements are £37 by the looks of it. Sony have had rechargeable controllers for years ... come on MS, you know it's possible as the latest Elite is built that way. Still packing controllers with 2xAA batteries in 2021 is a bit crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      Bit of a hardware irk as two xbox play&charge kits have stopped delivering decent charges this year, and replacements are £37 by the looks of it. Sony have had rechargeable controllers for years ... come on MS, you know it's possible as the latest Elite is built that way. Still packing controllers with 2xAA batteries in 2021 is a bit crap.
                      On the other hand, would you want an MS battery like the play and charge kit’s one in your controller? You’d have to buy a new controller at the same rate as the kits!

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                        On the other hand, would you want an MS battery like the play and charge kit’s one in your controller? You’d have to buy a new controller at the same rate as the kits!
                        Admittedly you can replace the Playstation ones, even if they're finnicky. Strongly recommend doing this to anyone with PS3 pads, as aftermarket batteries cost a fiver and last waaaaay longer than the official ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          Admittedly you can replace the Playstation ones, even if they're finnicky. Strongly recommend doing this to anyone with PS3 pads, as aftermarket batteries cost a fiver and last waaaaay longer than the official ones.
                          Maybe I’m implying Atticus ain’t got the screwdriver skills (I’m not implying that).

My DS3 is from 2013 and still going strong. Well, it’s been sitting in the drawer for a year but I bet it’s still fine

I really should charge it soon, though. Sitting without charge won’t do it no good but I can’t find a mini USB cable!

Comment

Chocobo GP seems to be in infested with F2P garbage. I tried the free version today and the title screen immediately throws up pop ups about login bonuses and characters you can buy. All of this is in the retail release as well I believe. I tried to play online and couldn't find any other players which doesn't bode well considering it was a Saturday afternoon.

Shame really, I'm sure there's some fun to be had but I'll wait until its a fiver or so.

Comment

Yeah, I refuse to believe it's not a mobile game that was tarted up into a console game. Just look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                                Chocobo GP seems to be in infested with F2P garbage. I tried the free version today and the title screen immediately throws up pop ups about login bonuses and characters you can buy. All of this is in the retail release as well I believe. I tried to play online and couldn't find any other players which doesn't bode well considering it was a Saturday afternoon.

Shame really, I'm sure there's some fun to be had but I'll wait until its a fiver or so.
                                its been getting an absolute kicking for it online so much so the devs are in full back pedal mode, throwing free currency at an angry player base and promising to do better

UPDATE 18/3/22: Following Square Enix's previous acknowledgment of the failures found in Chocobo GP, a new statement ha…

it looked promising but it can burn for all i care they need to learn that making a £45 retail game look feel and have the progress of a FTP mobile game is great way to get your game sent straight to review hell.

Ready. Set. Chocobo! Start your engines and get set for a new racing experience, featuring a roster of dozens of your favorite Chocobo characters, complete with their own unique abilities and variants. Equip Magicites and take out the competition as you drift through various familiar courses in online and offline multiplayer modes. Compete in tournaments and become the reigning champion of GP!

a 6 purely based of how greedy they are being and a 2 on the user score Ouch

Comment

Working...
                                X