Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Totally unrelated to this irk but I just completed a mission where I tracked down a stolen taxi on Coruscant. The guy who gave me the mission then jumped into it and said “it’s time to make some crazy money! Ya ya ya ya ya!”
    For all us geeks thats a great nod.

Comment

Platform exclusivity. I want to play Rogue Legacy 2.

Comment

Noticed with many Triple AAA games Budgets are ballooning and with games coming out with many issues....thing is I am starting to realize it looks very much like a management/planning issue the amount of stories coming out like with Anthem which was 6 years in development but only less than two years of meaningful work (which was often hamstrung at many points) Cyberpunk 2077 which was announced a long time ago but again actual development time was not that long.

Also noticed with a few games like New World, Halo Infinite games getting praised up front ....but after much play with being a live service they really do not have the legs to last.

Oh another irk is limited time demos and Demos, Betas that can only be accessed preordering the game which i feel defeats the point of them (And i would still argue Betas are just demos in another name)
        Last edited by eastyy; 08-05-2022, 10:59.

Comment

Retroarch
          Many times used, always disliked

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            Retroarch
            Many times used, always disliked
            I love it, although it does take ages to set up. Mind you, I like that it’s basically the same on whatever machine I’m running it on.

Comment

PS5 controller is too fat and the haptics cause hand pain and tingling numbness. Never had this issue with a controller before, makes me wish I could use a PS4 controller with the system instead :/

Comment

I mean, just controllers dying is an irk.

Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Switch - they've all had pads start messing up and they're not cheap to replace!

My PS4 pad is dying and I probably need a spare for when they stop selling them, if they haven't already.

Any 3rd-party pads better/longer-lasting than the official pads?

Comment

Don't think you need to worry as Dualshock 4s are still widely available new.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    I mean, just controllers dying is an irk.

Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Switch - they've all had pads start messing up and they're not cheap to replace!

My PS4 pad is dying and I probably need a spare for when they stop selling them, if they haven't already.

Any 3rd-party pads better/longer-lasting than the official pads?
                    There’s already bigger batteries you can swap into the DuelSense, not sure about xbox pad. It’s quite easy to do.

Comment

Thanks chaps.
                      May pick up another Dualshock 4 pad then.

I only have a PS4, so no DualSense, but it's not the battery that's the problem, it's when I squeeze the trigger, it moved up on the stick, so aiming in something like Control was a bloody nightmare.

Comment

I was watching some UK-based YouTube dweeb who talks about old games and they started to say "Mega Drive" and then corrected it to "Genesis, sorry".

Comment

I really miss E3

I don't mean the run down version but even though it wasn't what it once was it was still something of a lightning rod for reveals in the summer months. This Summer Games Fest has been woeful by comparison, incapable of generating any of the old buzz and its clear that whilst companies might still be holding showcases they're heavily diluting the contents. I'm not a massive fan of MS's 12 months focus, it makes sense to not want to announce games 4-5 years out but the 12 months plan only works if you have the hits to impress with otherwise it's depressing. Sony clearly holds back these days, Nintendo avoids altogether, Capcom used theirs largely to promote DLC etc. Focusing the event on 3-4 days instead of 2-3 weeks seemed to focus their efforts. Instead another year has passed and the horizon looks pretty dull.

Comment

I really miss E3
                            I totally do. On proper E3 years I've had actual parties, where we've had people over and stayed up until 4am on some of the nights to see the announcements live. This is just a load of videos on YouTube. Like the gaming equivalent of having a working-from-home office Christmas Party on Microsoft Teams.

Comment

It's not even a digital form of the event anymore, this has largely been just adverts for stuff that is a few weeks or a month or two out. A big focus on DLC too. Come summer 2023 we should be past relying on the pandemic as a get out for a lack of key titles anymore, approaching Year 4 for PS5 and XSX as well as being into Year 7 for Switch... it should be a flood

Comment

Come summer 2023 we should be past relying on the pandemic as a get out for a lack of key titles anymore, approaching Year 4 for PS5 and XSX as well as being into Year 7 for Switch... it should be a flood
                                Believe me when I say that while live events might yield some big announcements, don't expect a flood. The games industry adapted really well to working from home, as the industry was already dealing with having remote teams all over the globe anyway. Some companies actually increased productivity, and hiring has gone nuts as people are switching jobs more due to not having to move house. Additionally, the pandemic was a boom time for gaming, with some companies doing very well, highlights obviously being Animal Crossing and Oculus's stuff - with everyone being at home and trying to fill the time/entertain the kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X