No announcement yet.

Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd take a stream, feels like a trickle of interesting titles of late from all three platforms

Comment

A few more big games on each platform and we'll be golden. Shower us with games!

Comment

Diablo : Immortal , First impressions were...it did feel and look like a Diablo game albeit cut down but it played pretty much the same skills click to attack loot etc and tbh it was impressive as graphically i thought it was quite good some very impressive scenes and to me it actually played like a game rather than a mobile time waster.

But that good will came to a end as they introduced me to the rifts (which were end game in 3 rather then near beginning) and then it started to overload with the amount of currencies and items to improve gear and every moment trying to get you to click into things to try and make you buy stuff.

Thing is with a f2p If i like the game i do not mind giving money but with this and many mobile games the money you give often just gives you a "chance" to get something cool and in Diablo you need many of the items that you only have a chance to get so Micro would be become Macro transactions.

Also the sneaky way they have gotten around the loot box is with rifts....you can buy items to improve the chance in a rift to get something cool but as it has that 5 min of gameplay it does not count as a loot box

Comment

Weird West and Evil West launching within months of each other. It's not quite as bad as the "Outer Worlds / Outer Wilds" scenario, but I have definitely confused the two already.

Comment

6 games in a row Overwatch people leaving competitive mode ffs.

Comment

Season passes where the seasons are limited time content, I really hate that as it feels like mobile gaming coming into main games....I have limited time as it is and I know it is trying to get to peoples Fomo especially when it comes to daily and weekly tasks.

Destiny 2 removing paid for content still irks me so much to this day to

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                Season passes where the seasons are limited time content, I really hate that as it feels like mobile gaming coming into main games....I have limited time as it is and I know it is trying to get to peoples Fomo especially when it comes to daily and weekly tasks.

Destiny 2 removing paid for content still irks me so much to this day to
                They have really peed me off this year, i normally just buy the big DLC and pick up the odd season pass but they have started locking content to the the expensive version of the game. This means that if you want to play the yearly 3 man dungeons they launch then you have to buy that years dlc plus all the years season passes in one go for £80.

So far Ive yet to finish a season pass or even play the new dungeon as Ive heard its pretty **** and it also reuses a boss from old content with the exact same mechanics. so i might as well of burnt that money.

Comment

And another irk just hot off the press Mk11 update for a minor store patch.....79gb lol

Oh and when Destiny 2 went f2p and announced removing content i had bought a while back i just stopped playing

Comment

I finally bought an XBox controller to use with my Steam Deck.

It comes with AA batteries. LIKE IT’S FROM 1987!

Comment

I love AA batteries. Rechargeable.

Comment

Games that are dead online after 6 months, like you have to get it day 1 for that.

Comment

Yeah, several great racing games like that. However others stood the test of time. Rallisport Challenge 2 on the xbox was busy every weekend till the day the OG xbox live service was shut down.

Comment

More of an irk with films and TV too, but when you are struggling against an assailant and you always manage to just reach a knife or similar next to you when they have you pinned down. The trope needs to change!

Comment

Originally posted by SilasSting View Post
                              More of an irk with films and TV too, but when you are struggling against an assailant and you always manage to just reach a knife or similar next to you when they have you pinned down. The trope needs to change!
                              I like it when they can only reach rubbish things like a feather or paper plate.

Comment

So one of my gaming irks repeated again, had ps plus and saw had destiny 2 beyond light so downloaded the game on ps4, was taking ages so did it over night even though was only 23gb ....went into game and then it said...oh it has to download the rest of the game 74gb+ ffs...and i would not be surprised if i have to download beyond light content to.

So basically games not downloading everything on the console system UI...and the fact that Ps4 downloading in general seems insanely slow

Comment

Working...
                                X