No announcement yet.

Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you on WiFi or cabled? WiFi PS4 has always been a bag of balls.

But yeah as far as the download size goes I hate that too. Ps5 is no better. It only shows how much to download to launch the game, not the full download size. Not until you click in and have a look. Even the data size on game listings can't be trusted. I've had games say one thing, but when the download starts it's twice that size.

Comment

Wifi though may give cable a try though i could have sworn i did a few years ago and seemed the same but will try again.

Thing is the whole downloading the game to only have to download a lot more when in a game is one of the most annoying things as i find the resume function often is not that good, Microsoft flight simulator on PC had that problem

Comment

Had a rubbish time on my Xbox One last night.

I had a spare 30 minutes, so wanted to jump into something arcadey, but nothing in my library fit the bill.
        Looking for "shooters" just brings up FPS games.
        No OG R-Type and all the newer versions are full price.
        Looked for Super Hydorah - full price.
        Looked at the related games. All full price and not a single one under a fiver and none on Game Pass.

STURMWIND EX£10.74

VASARA Collection
        £8.39

Raiden V
        £23.99

Maldita Castilla EX - Cursed Castile
        £9.59

ACA NEOGEO AERO FIGHTERS 2
        £6.39

Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle
        £15.99

NAMCO MUSEUM® ARCHIVES Vol 2
        £15.99 £3.99 with Gold -75%
        (Crappy NES versions)

Natsuki Chronicles
        £19.24

Guwange
        £6.75

ACA NEOGEO BLAZING STAR
        £6.39

ACA NEOGEO LAST RESORT
        £6.39

AngerForce:Reloaded
        £7.99

Rigid Force Redux
        £16.74

ACA NEOGEO PULSTAR
        £6.39

Sine Mora EX
        £15.99

ACA NEOGEO STRIKERS 1945 PLUS
        £6.09
        SNK 40th Anniversary Collection
        £33.49

Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection
        £15.99

ACA NEOGEO AERO FIGHTERS 3
        £6.39

Shikhondo - Soul Eater
        £11.19

I, AI
        £8.39

ACA NEOGEO ALPHA MISSION II
        £6.39

R-Type Dimensions™
        £7.99

R-Type Final 2 Digital Deluxe Edition
        £54.74+

I had "Gold" before but it's literally just for online now.
        Upgraded to "Ultimate" to play with my bro-in-law and we played some Turtles, but every single game we'd downloaded previously is no longer part of Game Pass - Back 4 Blood, Aliens Fire Team, Streets of Rage 4, Devil Pinball, Zaki Crisis etc etc.

Looked at this month's Games With Gold options - Autonauts and For the King. Awful when compared to PS4's.

Ended up playing nothing and cancelled my Game Pass autorenew.

RUBBISH!
        Last edited by QualityChimp; 10-02-2023, 14:53.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
          Thing is the whole downloading the game to only have to download a lot more when in a game is one of the most annoying things as i find the resume function often is not that good, Microsoft flight simulator on PC had that problem
          Yeah. On the PS4, Sony touted that feature where games could load up, and you could "play right away" while they downloaded the rest. Great example of something that was thought up by a marketer, not a developer.

It just led to loads of situations where games would open right away, but you couldn't do anything meaningful for 4 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            Yeah. On the PS4, Sony touted that feature where games could load up, and you could "play right away" while they downloaded the rest. Great example of something that was thought up by a marketer, not a developer.

It just led to loads of situations where games would open right away, but you couldn't do anything meaningful for 4 hours.
            One of my favourite examples recently was when I reinstalled Bloodborne. After the game had "installed" I fired it up and was met with some error message. I could still hear that the disc drive was active though. After waiting for about 90 minutes I heard the disc drive spin down and then I was able to boot the game as normal. Pretty hilarious.

Comment

When a game offers you two or more directions to take, one will progress the game and the other leads to a secret/collectable etc. However it's not clear at all which is which leaving you to guess and you realise you're on the progression path and it won't let you go back.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                When a game offers you two or more directions to take, one will progress the game and the other leads to a secret/collectable etc. However it's not clear at all which is which leaving you to guess and you realise you're on the progression path and it won't let you go back.
                Ill extend that to missable items in general.
                I didn't go somewhere random, or finished a mission in the right way and now I'll never get said item. You are just punishing the players for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post

Downloaded the Mafia Remake and the same thing happened....only thing can do before the full download was viewing some cars, Thankfully the Final Fantasy 7 remake could actually play the initial download

Comment

Ragnarok has a setting where, if you click R3, the camera points you in the direction to progress the narrative. When there's a split path and you want full collectibles, you go in the opposite direction.

I thought that was cool.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                      Ragnarok has a setting where, if you click R3, the camera points you in the direction to progress the narrative. When there's a split path and you want full collectibles, you go in the opposite direction.

I thought that was cool.
                      35hrs and not once did i see this setting, great idea though.

Comment

So spent ages downloading atomic heart in Windows store clicked start, screen came up launching game then back to desktop........great so another game I will wait till I play it

Comment

Tried again with Atomic Heart, keeps auto updating but finally got to play it, got through the prologue to the main start of the game, had to quit the game as was going out...went back in and no save so would have to start the game again ffs

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                            Tried again with Atomic Heart, keeps auto updating but finally got to play it, got through the prologue to the main start of the game, had to quit the game as was going out...went back in and no save so would have to start the game again ffs
                            I hope you get it sorted because the game looks great!

Comment

"Our new game is a type of roguelike..."

"with survival elements..."

"Where players explore an open world..."

"Managing resources...."

"and craft tools to survive"

Comment

"Our new game is a type of roguelike..."
                                "with survival elements..."
                                "Where players explore an open world..."
                                "Managing resources...."
                                "and craft tools to survive"
                                My kryptonite, at one point, was any elevator pitch that had the words "metroidvania" and "roguelike elements" back-to-back.

There are some great games which bring these things together, but many, many forgettable ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X