No announcement yet.

Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preordered games not arriving on release day. I haven’t been this hyped for a new release in ages and the postie’s nowhere to be found 😩

Comment

Emergency trip to Argos it is then. I've ended up with two copies of games so many times for this reason... I seem to have really bad luck.

Comment

I was tempted haha but the postie did eventually arrive, much much later than normal but he had it in hand.

Comment

My copy has arrived with damage to the spine.

Back to Currys it goes.

Comment

So Mk Cgi trailer...and Great to see we know about the Kollectors editions...the standard and premium editions....a preorder character before even seeing gameplay

Comment

If I google "Retrotink upscale sample", the images I get - for pages - are ABSOLUTE DOG****.

Why aren't there 40-50 images of gorgeous upscaled 16-bit games with scanlines?

Someone at work asked for info about it today; I looked but just couldn't find a representative image!

I just wanted some images with a crappy upscale on one side and a good one on the other.

EDIT: Oh seriously screw the whole idea. The moment's passed. Retrotink community, DO BETTER.

Comment

Gollum....is really not that good, I can at least see with games like Redfall that some enjoyment could be had but with Gollum I really do not know how anyone could like it

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  If I google "Retrotink upscale sample", the images I get - for pages - are ABSOLUTE DOG****.

Why aren't there 40-50 images of gorgeous upscaled 16-bit games with scanlines?

Someone at work asked for info about it today; I looked but just couldn't find a representative image!

I just wanted some images with a crappy upscale on one side and a good one on the other.

EDIT: Oh seriously screw the whole idea. The moment's passed. Retrotink community, DO BETTER.
                  Tell him to just buy a MiSTer.

Comment

Guess I finally became the old guy. Lad I took on a few weeks ago went, “oh I’ve heard of megaman, my dad was emulating it a while back”.

Oh well time was going to get me eventually.

Comment

So every Cod release is just an advert for Warzone and a pointless waste of plastic, they don’t even contain the campaign that’s on the box, you have to download the whole thing separately, which is obscurely hidden at the bottom of the screen as an square button prompt.

Just disgusting.

Comment

That a cart-based console is apparently the only one releasing physical games for makes commercial sense.

Comment

That that cart based system often doesn't contain all the game data on the cart

Comment

My mind went to the Evercade when he wrote that.

Comment

That would make more sense

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                My mind went to the Evercade when he wrote that.
                                Nah, I resent the Switch's roaring success a little because some publishers won't bother releasing their games on other platforms. Like Cave Story, I'd like to replay that one. Or moon, I'd love to own a physical copy of it.

Actually, the Evercade has a lot of classics rereleased for it!

Ugh, I just remembered Alien vs. Predator, trapped in that absurd CAPCOM arcade stick...

Comment

Working...
                                X