Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    It always suprises me when indie devs talk about their games doing well on Switch because the eshop seems to do so little to promote anything or make games easy to find. I don’t think it even has categories or genres. Your game could get buried in there and never found.
    I think it's because there's an equality to it. A little indie thing gets almost the same billing as a top-tier Nintendo title.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
      I think many games that have a option for the game to play itself are a irk, Many mobile games have it and i noticed MK11 and Injustice 2 have it.

And the way its set up makes me think deep down there is something wrong with the game and they knew it was going to be a grind
      This is what made me give up on FFXII, the Zodiac Job System version. That, and the forgettable music with the story that didn't seem to be going anywhere after ten hours.

Binned.

Comment

Games that try to allude to “Souls”.

I’m referring to in particular The Surge. Now LotF was terrible, and I had hoped that this might improve upon such terrible design, but it doesn’t at all. I cleared the first area in about an hour. I’ve been on the second area for almost five hours, and I’m yet to even find the boss.

I’m glad that I didn’t pay for it.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I’m playing dragon age inquisition and there are a few things it doesn’t do, that breath of the fact old did do that I appreciate it not doing and subsequently become irks in Zelda:

No weapon breaking
          No getting electrocuted during a storm
          No not being able to get up hills in the rain

It has its own irks though:
          Lack of explanation of the mechanics.
          I can’t see how to see my influence level unless I do something that increases it and I happen to notice the pop up.
          My little gang don’t do as they’re told.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            I’m playing dragon age inquisition and there are a few things it doesn’t do, that breath of the fact old did do that I appreciate it not doing and subsequently become irks in Zelda:

No weapon breaking
            No getting electrocuted during a storm
            No not being able to get up hills in the rain

It has its own irks though:
            Lack of explanation of the mechanics.
            I can’t see how to see my influence level unless I do something that increases it and I happen to notice the pop up.
            My little gang don’t do as they’re told.
            There was a Quest in Dragons age Inquisition not a story quest put will put spoilers just in case

It was very similar to a quest in Anthem, but in Dragons Age Inquisition it stretched through the whole game and you had to find items to unlock a tomb i believe and it took ages, all i can say is after i had done it i was very let down as what you got was nowhere near worth effort

Comment

What’s the f*****g point of auto update if it only starts the auto update 30 seconds before i walk in the door after work.

Raaaaaaaaaaggggggggeeeeeeeee!

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                What’s the f*****g point of auto update if it only starts the auto update 30 seconds before i walk in the door after work.

It's like when my mum would tell me to clean my room but I'd be playing games and then scramble when I'd hear her coming back to check on my progress.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post

Or when you turn on the console and try to play the game. I'm looking at you Switch.

Also, that every other country I check has the full Labo VR Kit in stock, but Canada does not.

Comment

PS4's auto-updating is lovely.

My PS3 used to update the system software automatically as well, but I think automatic game/app updates needed PS+.

Comment

Stamina Bars/Circles.

I've been playing Kid Icarus Uprising on the 3DS and he gets out of puff, sucking air into his lungs with hands on knees, after about 10 seconds of running. This helps the gameplay in no way at all. You just wait for him to recover, then proceed.

Got me thinking that I'm not aware of any game experience that I feel has been improved by having stamina as a thing, let alone forcing you to do piecework to increase your stamina (e.g. collecting lizards in Shadow of the Colossus to help your grip). I think it's just annoying.

Comment

Tried to play Rayman 1 and 2 on GoG today.

Rayman 1 has no music, because it was CD-based and it isn't in the downloadable version. Rayman 2 doesn't support controllers (it does, but they don't work).

Fans have produced hacks for these, but even so... This isn't a particularly acceptable state of affairs for retail games.

EDIT: Rayman 3 doesn't work either! Apparently you have to retrofit the legacy Win7 DirectPlay library to Win10 before it will boot. Like **** am I doing that.

I got the trilogy gifted to me by someone a long time ago; it's a real shame they've turned out like this.
                        Last edited by Asura; 09-08-2019, 13:27.

Comment

Yeah, I've had this issue with some older Steam games. Some are absolutely unplayable on any modern system. They won't even boot up. And it seems weird that they can sell them in that case.

Comment

I'm really starting to feel a GTA series revisit coming on which has really put it in me how much Rockstar suffer from the Even Numbers Syndrome, they really can't maintain their pinnacle on those even digit entries:

-Grand Theft Auto 2
                            -Red Dead Redemption II
                            -Grand Theft Auto IV
                            -Manhunt 2

All worse than the odd numbered entries, fans should be wary that at some point it'd be:

-Max Payne 4
                            -Bully 2
                            -Grand Theft Auto VI

next from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              Yeah, I've had this issue with some older Steam games. Some are absolutely unplayable on any modern system. They won't even boot up. And it seems weird that they can sell them in that case.
                              I suspect their refund policy helps. Like, I would prefer they keep games up rather than get rid of them, for those few people who have the correct system specifications. Still, there needs to be some kind of compatibility warning.

I had a similar problem with Dawn of War (1), as it's quite old, it doesn't play in widescreen resolutions, and like all videogames before vector fonts came in, the text on HD screens is tiny, making it difficult to play.

Comment

Some games on steam where it says a patch is only 200mb but i need 25gb+ of space free

Comment

Working...
                                X