No announcement yet.

Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had my first bullying experience in overwatch this evening. Up till now, every game I've played with chat turned on has been good natured. So a few year's worth. They invited me to their group and started slagging off my skills from the start and then being crude about my parents, which wasn't ideal timing because my dad had a nervous breakdown yesterday. And then ripped into my accent. I didn't play my best but to be honest, they were playing like rubbish, with no effort to take out a bastion or change character when needed, presumably after too many drinks. It irked me.
    Last edited by charlesr; 17-02-2021, 00:10.

Comment

That sounds rude. Unless they are teenagers there's really no excuse.

Comment

I couldn't work out how old they were. Voices broken but comments were quite juvenile, but then started suggesting because of my (slightly posh sounding) accent I must be Tory voting scum. ���� Surprised they didn't start doing gay comments.

I've experienced similar in other more mainstream games but it was a bit jarring in Overwatch

Comment

I had this happen when returning to my beloved TF2 a few years back. It was a real shame as a lot of the community during that inital few years I still talk to.

I suppose it's the same with any game / social event though - once it reaches a certain level of popularity the casual nob heads join and it ruins the good vibe.

L4D 1, L4D 2 come to mind, also. Oh and the damn fitbit community ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
            Ohhh, that looks pretty good. I'm torn between that and the AimTrak now.

Big thanks to [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION], I picked up the XK21 and its a good combo with Time Crisis on my PS1. The foot pedal really adds to it, although the recoil didn't work. Presumably the USB cable has to be plugged in to one of the ports on a PS2?
            I think this stuff is niche as the Light gun games and VR have a pretty big cross over, games like super hot, space pirate trainer and pistol whip scratch that old school light gun style of game for me and share very similar game-play just at a larger scale.

I really don't know why Sega or Namco hasn't Jumped in with a VR Time crisis where you duck in and out of cover it would be a work out and a half. Then you have stuff like House of the dead Or Virtua cop which would be amazing in VR, id happily take it with retro blocky arcade ports where your dumped into the environment. They could even do old school modes where your stood in from of a full size arcade, think pinball arcade but for lightgun games.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
              I think this stuff is niche as the Light gun games and VR have a pretty big cross over, games like super hot, space pirate trainer and pistol whip scratch that old school light gun style of game for me and share very similar game-play just at a larger scale.

I really don't know why Sega or Namco hasn't Jumped in with a VR Time crisis where you duck in and out of cover it would be a work out and a half. Then you have stuff like House of the dead Or Virtua cop which would be amazing in VR, id happily take it with retro blocky arcade ports where your dumped into the environment. They could even do old school modes where your stood in from of a full size arcade, think pinball arcade but for lightgun games.
              They're missing a trick for sure. Its a little different but the most fun I've had with VR was playing a Left 4 Dead type game in a large room with 3 other people. It was absolutely amazing.

You could get in a lift on a construction site and use it to access different floors while fighting off zombies. Imagine doing stuff like that in House of the Dead, or getting on a boat and taking out enemies as you go down a river in Time Crisis with all manner of debris flying past you.

Only downside is it takes up a lot of room.

Comment

That's basically Blood & Truth without the zombies.

Comment

Everyone here needs to check out Crisis VRigade 1 and 2.

The original has a blocky Time Crisis aesthetic and 2 is more realistic.

They're a proper workout though and I was really contorting to hide around corners at time!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    They're a proper workout though and I was really contorting to hide around corners at time!
                    I can believe you

Alyx used to give me pains the next day if I played too long. It's all the crouching and squatting. A long-term dedicated VR player probably has thighs like iron.

Comment

Bought Uncharted 4 for my shelf collection from game, their own sleeve edition they still had in stock. Received the ps hits version.

4th time from the 4th company to fob me off now with a hits version of a game.

Sick of it, if thats what I wanted I would of clicked on the hits version in the first place.
                      Last edited by fishbowlhead; 08-03-2021, 20:04.

Comment

The Avengers update recently, to make the game more of a grind and the frankly insane reasoning they gave for it lol

Comment

It irks me that the video and icon for superhot mind control delete has a floppy drive with the protective cover stuck open

Comment

I know! Fricking millennials!

Comment

Scripted promotional co-op demonstrations

Cringe

Somehow still a thing

Comment

Why are Steam and GOG the only PC storefronts with the ability to keep you logged in? I don't get it. Why is this so hard?

Comment

Working...
                                X