No announcement yet.

Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed, I have to mute words for games I'm interested in on twitter. I use a chrome extension called video blocker that blocks videos with keywords in the title on YouTube. I added last boss, final boss and ending to it so I no longer get spoiled on the day of release.

Comment

Install what you whan, COD cold war proclaimed. Just as long as its EVERYTHING!

You now have to have the entire multiplayer installed just to play zombies as they have now tied all the maps together.

Completely false advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
        Agreed, I have to mute words for games I'm interested in on twitter. I use a chrome extension called video blocker that blocks videos with keywords in the title on YouTube. I added last boss, final boss and ending to it so I no longer get spoiled on the day of release.
        I had The Mandalorian S2 ending spoiled by some twat called "EmergencyAwesome" with probably the most spoilerific video thumbnail ever created. I've not even bothered starting the season because of that.

Emergency****ingKnobhead, more like. What a total twat.

Comment

Please create a Ubisoft account to play this game. Ahahahahahahahaha. Good luck with that. Game deleted.

Sony, MS & Nintendo need to nock this s**t on the head yesterday, disgusting practice that only serves as a back end for the pubs to syphon data.

Comment

There's only two items I regret selling when it comes to videogames.

Retro Game Challenge
            My boxed Wavebird Controller

I can get over the former, but the lack of decent third party alternatives for the latter really stings. Surely there's a market for it at this point?

Comment

Missable items.
              Didnt collect that thing you knew nothing about and didn't look for?? Tough **** because you'll never be able to go back there. Better luck on your next play through.

Comment

Text/point and click adventures before LucasFilm worked out that you shouldn't kill the player randomly. Was playing King's Quest V, walked into a bar, Innkeeper comes round from behind the bar, gives me grief, one of the patrons ties me up and puts me in the basement whereupon I'm informed that the innkeeper will be along to kill me soon. Game over lol.

Comment

The worst ones are when they don't kill you then and there, rather they set some flag that guarantees you can't progress beyond a certain point and then let you carry on doing other menial stuff for hours before you even realise you screwed up earlier. Usually there's just enough time to guarantee that your every save file is post screw-up too.

I used to love adventure games, but when it comes to revisiting them now I barely have patience even for the ones that don't jerk you about. I played 'I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream' recently, and although on one hand it's thematically still really, really valuable, I am so very glad I didn't try and play it without a guide. I do have a mouth, and I would've screamed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                    Missable items.
                    Didnt collect that thing you knew nothing about and didn't look for?? Tough **** because you'll never be able to go back there. Better luck on your next play through.
                    Final Fantasy XII is the worst game for this, ever.

The game has chests, like most RPGs. You get rewards when you find and open them. I don't believe there is ever a penalty for opening them, i.e. it's not like in Vagrant Story where some of the chests are actually monsters that attack you when you try and open them. The game teaches you, early on - see a chest, open a chest, get a reward.

There's also a weapon later in the game called The Zodiac Spear, which is one of the most powerful weapons in the game.

Finally, there's a chest near the start of the game. Looks like any other chest. But if you open it, the Zodiac Spear doesn't spawn later, and you can't get it.

There's absolutely no way to divine this information. It's a normal chest, in a location entirely unrelated to the spear. It's completely and utterly obtuse, and clearly was just something to sell the guidebook.

Comment

Got Outriders for cheap and actually quite like it, irk is this is a live service no matter what the developers say, while no micro transactions you need to connect to servers which i would count as both a service...and they need to be live to play.

Wish it had a offline mode though as noticing a lot of the issues with it seem to be connection based with lag spikes

Comment

Tried to play Rocket League for the first time in ages on the weekend.
                        Atrocious lag and connection issues. My car was shuddering laterally without me doing anything. Somehow scored a goal though.

Comment

Limited Time demos and in game events recent irk

Wanted to try the demos on steam come out but funnily enough.....my time is limited so only got to try a few and i know why they do limited time content in games to exploit Fomo, but still a Irk

Oh another irk is Showing a CGI trailer for a game that is not out for years.....for me pointless
                          Last edited by eastyy; 22-06-2021, 19:09.

Comment

Any game that needs a shoulder trigger plus additional button to do something = too complicated control system.

Any game that needs a tutorial to play; I have literally switched games off and never returned to them once a tutorial kicked in.

Comment

Sony:
                              PlayStation
                              PlayStation 2
                              PlayStation 3
                              PlayStation 4
                              PlayStation 5

Microsoft:
                              Xbox
                              Xbox 360
                              Xbox 360 Elite
                              xbox 360 e