No announcement yet.

Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just tried to buy some PSN games using the app, but the app says use Chrome, tried in Chrome, it said use a desktop browser, used Chrome on my laptop, went in a PayPal authentication loop, tried Firefox and that looped too!

I have to be sat on my console to make any actual purchases.

Comment

This is more a personal gaming Irk

Not played games on my PS4 for a long time and Pc has been my system of choice but decided to try the Ps4 and......i think the pc gaming has ruined my console experience lol though could be my tv is not the best as early samsung Hd, but while playing Bloodborne and God of war with the lower frame rates i am used to and really noticing Stuttering,

Comment

Another bit of a irk

When games get quite a nice discount....but the dlc packs do not, also with gamerpass where you only get the base game and none of the dlc

Comment

Hey Amazon Japan, I thought we were cool now! Why of all things, won't you let me buy the Samurai Spirits NeoGeo Collection?

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
            Hey Amazon Japan, I thought we were cool now! Why of all things, won't you let me buy the Samurai Spirits NeoGeo Collection?
            not letting you buy direct? or that crap where it says your payment has been declined despite your credit card been totally fine. Had that multiple times now where amazons automated system decides my card is no longer useable for amazon themselves despite it working fine with japanese marketplace sellers.

Comment

Not letting me buy direct, I think on account of main stock fulfilment coming from SNK. Re: card declines, I think my credit card provider gets more confused when I spend money in local shops than it does when I spend money in foreign currency on the internet

Comment

That really did annoy me ...it looks like quite a bit of content being removed

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post

That really did annoy me ...it looks like quite a bit of content being removed
                  Absolute joke D2 has become.

Comment

The cost of retro items. Suikoden II, 295 - 2377 UK pounds! WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                      The cost of retro items. Suikoden II, 295 - 2377 UK pounds! WTF?
                      I wouldn't hold it in too much regard; the used prices of all videogame items have trended up since the lockdown. During the initial lockdown, even Switch games were selling, used, at ~£1-2 under the new price. I think it's created a slight runaway effect where some people are buying these things as an investment when they really shouldn't.

When all this is over, I imagine the prices will level off. They're still going up each passing year but they won't be the silly prices they are now.

Comment

Super Mario 3d All stars.....seems such a low effort release and not even mentioning the limited time release which makes no sense but the fact fan versions were a lot better

Comment

Anyone had trouble getting into the Rockstar Social Club website?
                          I can get in on my phone, but on PC it's asking me to rotate circles with an animal in it until it's the right way up.
                          You click the arrows and the animal is never perfectly the right way up and then moans that it's not right.
                          The more you get it wrong, the more animals it makes you orientate.
                          Anyone else had this?!

Comment

I tried them all the wrong way up, so all the animals were on their backs and it let me in.
                            It definitely said "The right way up".

Ridiculous!

Comment

One that’s just come up for me recently is driving game TTs with starts that aren’t fast enough to match what you can achieve.

This might be specific to hotshot racing but it starts you on a rolling start, yet in order to get the best lap times you need to be boosting over the line. This essentially makes the the first lap pointless before you’ve even started.

Further more any lap where you don’t/can’t boost over the line is a write off too as you won’t be going fast enough when the timer starts for the new lap (its lap based only).

Crash on a corner and your forced to complete the lap regardless as restarting is a waste of time.

Such a dumb idea for TT mode.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                                Super Mario 3d All stars.....seems such a low effort release and not even mentioning the limited time release which makes no sense but the fact fan versions were a lot better
                                This. I might've been tempted to get a cheap Switch for this but god knows how they fucd up Mario 64????!!!!!

It's like when they did All Stars 1 on the Wii, wasn't it just straight up emu of the SNES port, or summat?

In a crappy cardboard outer sleeve. Never owned it, never wanted it.

Comment

Working...
                                X