No announcement yet.

Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn’t PS4 pad work? Thought they had same Bluetooth connection.

Comment

It broadly does the job but lacks the pressure sensitive buttons, thankfully my current DS3 still works well enough for those games but once it's gone it'll be gone. It's weird KO DS3's are so much more prevailant than other system controller KO's

Comment

It's exactly the same with DualShock 2s unfortunately. Tons of knockoffs, official ones all in terrible shape.

Comment

I've still got a pristine Sixaxis controller. It's a Sixaxis though so...

Comment

The asteroid bit in Dead Space. Goddammit!!

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              That it has become so hard to find a good condition, affordable genuine Dual Shock 3. Gave up in the end and ordered a workaround
              I think Sony dropped the ball by not making the batteries replaceable. I mean they are, but only if you take the controller apart. It's a really easy job but they should've just used snap-in double-AAs like Microsoft.

As an aside, I strongly recommend doing this. You can get good quality high capacity batteries for DS3s for very little, and they last forever. Like I don't know when I last charged mine.

Comment

The double A thing on Xbox pads seems insane to me. I totally take your point about replaceability, but AAs in this day and age?! I mean if you have two pads and get the official rechargeable battery thing, it’s an extra £35. What a rip!

Fortunately Venom do two rechargeable Xbox pad batteries for a tenner but still, it’s a bit of a piss take. Especially on the Elite pad.

Comment

I love using AAs, hate waiting for pads to charge up and I don't mind spending a quid every week or so on batteries.

Only thing I don't like about the XB1 pad is that you can't squeeze a bit of extra power out of the batteries like you could with the 360 pad. Once it says they're dead, they're dead, no matter how many times you press the Xbox button.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    The double A thing on Xbox pads seems insane to me. I totally take your point about replaceability, but AAs in this day and age?! I mean if you have two pads and get the official rechargeable battery thing, it’s an extra £35. What a rip!

Fortunately Venom do two rechargeable Xbox pad batteries for a tenner but still, it’s a bit of a piss take. Especially on the Elite pad.
                    Or just get rechargeable AA’s? What i used to do on my 360.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                      Or just get rechargeable AA’s? What i used to do on my 360.
                      Yeah exactly what I used to do. Just rotate batteries.

Comment

Yeah, that’s another thing you can do. Still though, a built in battery is more fitting for what theyre charging for the things. The RRP for an Xbox pad is the same as a PS pad, but only one includes rechargeable batteries built in.

Comment

Another advocate of rechargeable batteries here.

I'm slowly replacing everything with Eneloop batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            I'm slowly replacing everything with Eneloop batteries.
                            Curious how that goes. Keep us in the loop.

Comment

I'm amazed I'm in the minority preferring things to have rechargeable batteries built in! I can see where you guys are coming from in that they're more easily replaceable, but I don't use AA/AAA type batteries in anything but traditional IR remote controls these days. Certainly if you do have to use them in anything more power hungry, rechargeables are a must.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                                I'm amazed I'm in the minority preferring things to have rechargeable batteries built in! I can see where you guys are coming from in that they're more easily replaceable, but I don't use AA/AAA type batteries in anything but traditional IR remote controls these days. Certainly if you do have to use them in anything more power hungry, rechargeables are a must.
                                I'm with you. I bought a laser cat toy that is USB chargeable, now I'm considering getting one to use in class.

Comment

Working...
                                X