Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    In both the PS1 Time Crisis games, you can plug a second controller into port 2 and if you put it on the floor and stand on the buttons, it'll work as a pedal. I used to use a naff 3rd-party controller I bought off a market stall for 99p.
    When mates you didn't really like came over, did you give them the controller that smelled of cheesy feet?

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
      PC lightguns are something I've been interested in for a while as well. Something that can work with PC Ports and emulators. I know the AimTrack doesn't appeal to you due to the GunCon mould but man that is perfect for me, especially with the recoil.
      I think another lightgun for pc came out recently or was crowd funded.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        When mates you didn't really like came over, did you give them the controller that smelled of cheesy feet?
        Mates?

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
          I think another lightgun for pc came out recently or was crowd funded.
          PC lightguns are something I've been interested in for a while as well. Something that can work with PC Ports and emulators. I know the AimTrack doesn't appeal to you due to the GunCon mould but man that is perfect for me, especially with the recoil.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
            Ohhh, that looks pretty good. I'm torn between that and the AimTrak now.

Big thanks to [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION], I picked up the XK21 and its a good combo with Time Crisis on my PS1. The foot pedal really adds to it, although the recoil didn't work. Presumably the USB cable has to be plugged in to one of the ports on a PS2?

Comment

Big thanks to [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION], I picked up the XK21 and its a good combo with Time Crisis on my PS1. The foot pedal really adds to it, although the recoil didn't work. Presumably the USB cable has to be plugged in to one of the ports on a PS2?
              Yeah i am tempted to get it, fact you can get a Recoil action version is a big win

Comment

Big thanks to @Asura, I picked up the XK21 and its a good combo with Time Crisis on my PS1. The foot pedal really adds to it, although the recoil didn't work. Presumably the USB cable has to be plugged in to one of the ports on a PS2?
                Yep, I think that's what it's for. I probably only ever used it on PS2, thinking about it now, though if it's for power, do you have a powered USB on your TV?

I'm happy this bit of very obscure gaming knowledge was helpful and happy that the gun still worked after so many years.

Comment

Yeah i am tempted to get it, fact you can get a Recoil action version is a big win
                  Yeah the recoil sounds good and adds so much to the experience.

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  Yep, I think that's what it's for. I probably only ever used it on PS2, thinking about it now, though if it's for power, do you have a powered USB on your TV?

I'm happy this bit of very obscure gaming knowledge was helpful and happy that the gun still worked after so many years.
                  Wait, were you the seller? It was advertised as untested so I offered them a tenner which they accepted. No USB port on the telly but I'm going to try connecting it up to a laptop and see how it gets on. It'll be a pity if it doesnt work but the pedal makes up for it.

Comment

Wait, were you the seller? It was advertised as untested so I offered them a tenner which they accepted. No USB port on the telly but I'm going to try connecting it up to a laptop and see how it gets on. It'll be a pity if it doesnt work but the pedal makes up for it.
                    No, no. I just meant that if I was buying one, I'd be concerned about whether it would still work!

Comment

If it needs an extra USB port for the recoil, I would get a cheap USB extension cable and plug it into a phone charger that's plugged into the wall.

I really do like the look of the Sinden gun, it def looks like the best out there. I've no plans for a computer that would be able to emulate all that good stuff like Time Crisis 2 though, so I can't get one, which is a bummer. Props to the guy that designed it though.

Comment

AFK arena ads popping up everywhere lots of Youtubers pushing it ...and the hook of the game is.....not playing it lol

Comment

AFK arena ads popping up everywhere lots of Youtubers pushing it ...and the hook of the game is.....not playing it lol
                          That's a big thing for mobile games all over. The gameplay's just to entertain you for the first few hours while the game gets its hooks into you.

Comment

People too full of themselves in multiplayer games

Comment

The fact this exists

So Konami you won't release sound voltex on home consoles but you'll happily release it on a damn smartphone and even release an official controller to play on a damn microscopic screen. You bet your ass i'm salty.

Comment

On a whim, [MENTION=16665]Blobcat[/MENTION] got us copies of Triforce Heroes, so I've been trying to resurrect her old 3DS so that I can use it for multiplayer, and I'd forgotten just how unintuitive Nintendo's stuff was for that.

Turns out my account is linked to my old "New 3DS" that I sold before the Switch launch. Even though I'll have definitely performed a factory wipe on it before selling it, that wipe doesn't actually remove your account from it. When I try to connect with this 3DS in my possession, it refuses, saying that the account is already linked to another console and can't be used.

The only way to fix this is to actually email Nintendo and ask them to unlink it for you. It can't be done via remote.

Comment

Working...
                                X