Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
    I'm probably out of the loop but what FPGA machines are you referring to, please?

I've previously looked into the Analog NT (which are beautiful but expensive and limited) and MiSTer & DE-10 Nano FPGA setup but not sure what am I missing. Agree with your sentiment btw and from the sounds of it the latter is the closest thing we have to that outside of emulation.

Also feel 2021 could be a interesting year for the Amiga; the company behind the well received theC64 is teasing an Amiga version, AmiKit is getting a native Raspberry Pi 4 distro and some other Amiga community projects (Stephen Jones etc.) that sound promising.
    Not any specific machines. Just that kind of thing is clearly on the horizon.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      Not any specific machines. Just that kind of thing is clearly on the horizon.

You had my hopes up.

I do think there is a gap for something in the FPGA space that is less hobbyist than the MiSTer setups. Although maybe the Analogue machines fit that bill at the moment.
      Last edited by Digfox; 02-12-2020, 17:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
        I do think there is a gap for something in the FPGA space that is less hobbyist than the MiSTer setups. Although maybe the Analogue machines fit that bill at the moment.
        I've had my Mister for about a year now. I had to order multiple parts from around 5 stores/sellers including ebay and etsy. I had to build it and manually create the SD Card software.

Now however some sites are selling complete and fully built setups, you simply run a script at your end and the latest Cores and Arcade Machines are setup for you. Console roms still need to be added.

Comment

They're listed now, but not before I got a few rounds of Silpheed in. I love that game.

Mister is definitely on the cards just for how small it is. I'm sure I'll have a ton of fun just tinkering with it. Might even play some games!

Comment

Irk of mine is Live service games...which the base and core of the game is not really capable for it. Fallout 76 has had some decent single player content but because of the way the game is ...it has issues like NPCs are not like in previous games and have almost no AI like you can steal in front of them with no reaction, also the core fundamentals like vats now being real time and the way enemies are its all a bit of a mess.

But was also thinking how fighting games are now like a live service, and now after a certain amount of DLC has been released they have to go into the base game to rework it otherwise things really get unbalanced

Comment

Early access for some games are really taking the mick now days, being released with only a few months for the full release which means early access was just really for a quick cash injection, the game The Forest i was tempted to pick up as heard it was in early access for a while but seems even in the full release it has some really bad bugs with no chance of getting fixed

Comment

Retro styling in games which i feel is often said is a design choice to cover up how bad it looks, was playing Dusk and its a fun FPS but My god i cannot stand the look of it ...it just looks ugly even if you compare it to games like Quake 1 and 2 it just has this feel of lack of a style.

The other game they made Amid evil has a retro style but with modern flourishes and it just has a aesthetic that visually is far more appealing

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                  Early access for some games are really taking the mick now days, being released with only a few months for the full release which means early access was just really for a quick cash injection, the game The Forest i was tempted to pick up as heard it was in early access for a while but seems even in the full release it has some really bad bugs with no chance of getting fixed
                  There's something to be said that the first poster-child for early access was DayZ, a game which promised much and failed to deliver.

Comment

Punch planet was a game released in 2017 and Terrordrome was released last year but there was a early version a few years ago.....and progress on both is glacial, Punch planet has a few new characters and tweaks but not much and while Terrordrome has had new characters and more of a update its still has the off feel with the physics

Comment

The lack of haptic feedback on the switch, 99% of the games you play think that haptic feedback is putting the vibration so high that it causes the pad to make a horrible chirp sound every time you take a hit, this just makes me just go into the menu and turn off vibration.

Comment

the game The Forest i was tempted to pick up as heard it was in early access for a while but seems even in the full release it has some really bad bugs with no chance of getting fixed
                        I played The Forest (PS4) last year with 3 other mates and we had an absolute blast.

No game-breaking bugs, just stuff like enemies/items spawing 10cm of the ground before dropping, but that's probably so they don't glitch into the ground, maybe.

I'd go as far as to say it was one of the gaming highlights for me last year, like a prettier Minecraft but with hungry cannibals looking to snack on you.

If you have gaming mates, this is must-buy, especially during Lockdown!

Comment

Many game genres i really really do not get the appeal.

Epic stores gave away Star wars Battle front 2 so i thought i would give it a try

started game...ran for about 30 seconds to get the battle ....died....respawned ran to the battle got one kill died....respawned ran to the battle managed to get a few kills ....died respawned and repeat over and over my god it was mind numbing not to mention people who have been playing for a while have upgraded characters

Comment

This is your favourite thread. I think it's time to maybe face the reality that you don't like games, Eastyy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              This is your favourite thread. I think it's time to maybe face the reality that you don't like games, Eastyy.
                              think when i got to about 35 i got more jaded lol now i am 41 I think i should start getting back into retro games

Comment

Many game genres i really really do not get the appeal.

Epic stores gave away Star wars Battle front 2 so i thought i would give it a try

started game...ran for about 30 seconds to get the battle ....died....respawned ran to the battle got one kill died....respawned ran to the battle managed to get a few kills ....died respawned and repeat over and over my god it was mind numbing not to mention people who have been playing for a while have upgraded characters
                                THAT'S THE FUN OF GAMES!! Or so the Souls Elite tell you. The game has been out for a good few years, so being behind the curve is to be expected, sadly.

Comment

Working...
                                X