Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    The fact this exists

So Konami you won't release sound voltex on home consoles but you'll happily release it on a damn smartphone and even release an official controller to play on a damn microscopic screen. You bet your ass i'm salty.
    You can connect smartphones and tablets to monitors/TVs. Worth having a look into!

Comment

Just thought about Xenoblade chronicles X for the Wii u, I put a lot of time into the game and enjoyed it but my god it needed many quality of life and more play testing as it just had frustrating moments

Want to do quest, sorry person in your party is not allowed...does it give you the option to replace them there and then....nope have to go to party manually and then remove them, and want that person back can you add them from a menu ? nope had to find there location on the map which if i remember correctly was not even shown clearly and then add them that way

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        You can connect smartphones and tablets to monitors/TVs. Worth having a look into!
        That is true but with sound voltex the official controller was only available via konami styles online store making it super hard to get especially for outside japan as they have the same kind of restrictions as hori's online store plus the actual phone game uses a cloud access subscription/dlc model meaning it's not easy to deal with outside japan as well. It's just a huge shame as outside of extreme arcade piracy of getting hold of the arcade HD image and spoofing the eamuse servers to make it run on a regular pc the only other option i have is some non official fan made simulator program on pc or just just playing it in the arcades. Thankfully arcade club has at least a few heavenly haven machines so i can get my fix but out of all the rhythm games i have played over the years that one is probably my favourite.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          That is true but with sound voltex the official controller was only available via konami styles online store making it super hard to get especially for outside japan as they have the same kind of restrictions as hori's online store plus the actual phone game uses a cloud access subscription/dlc model meaning it's not easy to deal with outside japan as well. .
          I’ve never known any of this type of thing to stop you previously

A pain that you’re buying the songs on an F2P model with it as it’s mobile though. Sounds like it would get expensive quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            On a whim, [MENTION=16665]Blobcat[/MENTION] got us copies of Triforce Heroes, so I've been trying to resurrect her old 3DS so that I can use it for multiplayer, and I'd forgotten just how unintuitive Nintendo's stuff was for that.

Turns out my account is linked to my old "New 3DS" that I sold before the Switch launch. Even though I'll have definitely performed a factory wipe on it before selling it, that wipe doesn't actually remove your account from it. When I try to connect with this 3DS in my possession, it refuses, saying that the account is already linked to another console and can't be used.

The only way to fix this is to actually email Nintendo and ask them to unlink it for you. It can't be done via remote.
            I was given a 3DS XL from a friend and wanted to do a factory reset but I found out there's no 100% wipe like on other consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              I’ve never known any of this type of thing to stop you previously

A pain that you’re buying the songs on an F2P model with it as it’s mobile though. Sounds like it would get expensive quickly.
              Yeah i'm rather persistent with getting a lot of stuff but that controller would be damn expensive now as there was only one run of it made so any that are out there will be like the project diva arcade controller price then add in tha Konami's mobile music games are indeed damn expensive i still have Jubeat on my ipad with a ton of song packs easily a couple of hundred quids worth on there it slowly adds up especially 500 yen for a few songs. Having to pay a monthly subscription to play any game is a huge turn off for me i just wish Konami would release it on one home console although the game needs to be played vertically on a tv screen so that's probably why they went mobile.

As much as i love voltex my bank account can't take another large hit like the recent project diva shennanigans. Although i have contemplated just selling my twilight zone pinball and using the cash to get a sound voltex arcade machine. LOL it's tough been a rhythm game fan as a lot of them just can't be ported outside the arcade, stuff like maimai or wacca are impossible to do.

If you have never seen wacca prepare to have your mind blown, it looks stupidly fun to play because of the lighting effects must feel like falling into a tunnel as you play.
              Last edited by importaku; 09-11-2020, 08:03.

Comment

@importaku

Yeah that's completely understandable, the investment to get into Voltex in the home properly would be absolutely massive.

Fingers crossed that we come out of the other side of this plague at some point and Arcade Club survive - at least you've got that close by to sink some hours in. There is a Voltex nearish me too, in a tiny little arcade called Las Vegas in Soho. I've never been able to get near it though! It's usually got a couple of dedicated players, headphones in hand, taking turns for long periods.

I've never seen Wacca before - that looks really cool, I'd like to try it.

Comment

I've considered some of the above madness before myself, but more for IIDX Infinitas, which is the subscription-based Beatmania. I actually do have the official controller, but not having a gaming PC (I use Mac) means there's yet one more flaming hoop to jump through.

JuBeat on the iPad is pretty great as noted though; it's cost me plenty, but compared to how much the CS bemani games cost while they were still being produced, it's not that bad.

Comment

Early access and Live games are a real mine field which is a irk of mine, Early access for example many use it as intended but also many use it as only a cash injection and the development of the game is pretty much set in stone.

And with Live games where changes come that are not welcome like Destiny 2 removing content

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                      Early access and Live games are a real mine field which is a irk of mine, Early access for example many use it as intended but also many use it as only a cash injection and the development of the game is pretty much set in stone.

And with Live games where changes come that are not welcome like Destiny 2 removing content
                      Quoting myself but i booted up Destiny 2 and was shocked how much content they removed....sure there is some new content but the majority is by a pay for expansion pack and tbh it got be quite annoyed

Comment

Nostalgia. It's poison.

It takes me so long to get rid of stuff I have no use for. I remember it taking me years to dump my old Edge magazines becasue every time I'd go to do so, I'd browse through them and lose a few hours reading old articles. Then they'd go back in the closet until the next time I wanted to bin them.

Now I'm having the same issue with my MD/MCD stuff. I don't play it anymore and I'm fine with emulation, but its taken me several years to actualy list the games. I'd always look at the box art for games like Chiki Chiki Boys and just wouldn't be able to go through with it. A good bunch of them have been sold now and I just need to list the MD1/MCD1 and Mega Ever Drive. But I look at them, look at my CRT TV, and I think about how great it would be to play through some games again on real hardware.

It'll get played for a short amount of time and then just sit in a box collecting dust though.

Comment

Keep going [MENTION=6808]Cepp[/MENTION] it’s liberating. I just flogged all my camera gear that I never used and my old consoles are next!

Comment

Yeah; I had a massive clearout in 2006 and I've tried to always be careful since. These days I only have either what I actively play or definitely plan to play in the future; it really helps. I'm really looking forward to these upcoming FPGA machines; I'd love to have all of MD, SNES, Saturn, Dreamcast etc. all in a box the size of a PS4.

Comment

I'm still waiting for Bitmap Books to do a JP boxart collection for the Mega Drive like they have for the SNES and Game Boy.
                              I'll probably finally shift all my old stuff too.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                                I'm really looking forward to these upcoming FPGA machines; I'd love to have all of MD, SNES, Saturn, Dreamcast etc. all in a box the size of a PS4.
                                I'm probably out of the loop but what FPGA machines are you referring to, please?

I've previously looked into the Analog NT (which are beautiful but expensive and limited) and MiSTer & DE-10 Nano FPGA setup but not sure what am I missing. Agree with your sentiment btw and from the sounds of it the latter is the closest thing we have to that outside of emulation.

Also feel 2021 could be a interesting year for the Amiga; the company behind the well received theC64 is teasing an Amiga version, AmiKit is getting a native Raspberry Pi 4 distro and some other Amiga community projects (Stephen Jones etc.) that sound promising.

Comment

Working...
                                X