No announcement yet.

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Aniston was in it I'd be physically sick...

I'd happily let Emily Rose keep the role

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
      Joe Flanigan from Stargate Atlantis would be a good Nathan Drake I reckon.
      separated at birth!!
      Last edited by beecee; 18-10-2010, 19:40.

Comment

I really don't see any need for an Uncharted film but I think I'd happily give this a go if it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by showbiz411.com
          Right now, the script is being composed from scratch. Word is the actual video game didn?t have much there aside from a concept and a name.
          promising...

Comment

What? Are they saying the game didn't have good characters or a story then? They need to do a bit better research if that's what they are saying. As do the people making the film really.

Comment

I took it to mean that the original game just started from a name and a concept and that they didn't really have a story in mind when they started. No idea if that's true or not, or even how relevant it is to a film of the game but hey.

Comment

Itll be like Into The Blue crossed with National Treasure yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                  Itll be like Into The Blue crossed with National Treasure yeah?
                  Only with uglier women if the game is anything to go by.

Comment

Details confirmed in an interview with Mark Wahlberg today.

Comment

Apparently he was good in that cop comedy so he may be decent as Drake. Doesn't seem the type of actor for one liners and tongue in cheek action though.

Comment

I can see him as Drake in the movie, he's actually quite likeable when he's letting off steam.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                          Apparently he was good in that cop comedy so he may be decent as Drake. Doesn't seem the type of actor for one liners and tongue in cheek action though.
                          If that quote from before is right though, the film will use little more than the name uncharted and the basic premise. For all we know, Drake might be a gruff convict or even an angst ridden teenager in the movie

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                            Walhberg plays the stright man in The Other Guys, he is increadabley funny in it but only in the way he plays off Will Ferrell.

I cant see him as Nathan Drake myself, I guess he will be really different to how he is in the games.

He is pretty good in action films though, i really enjoyed Shooter and, although the film was horrible, he was ok in Max Payne (though again he didnt really seem like the character much).
                            Last edited by rmoxon; 29-11-2010, 16:20.

Comment

As IGN say, its starting to sound very National Treasure which although I don't mind those films it means we're likely looking at another failed adaptation. I'm surprised Naughty Dog is staying so quiet on the subject let alone Sony letting them mess around with a clearly winning franchise.

Comment

Copied from Joystiq
                                "This idea really turns me on that there's a family that's a force to be reckoned with in the world of international art and antiquities ... [a family] that deals with heads of state and heads of museums and metes out justice ... We'll have the family dynamic, which we've done in a couple of movies now. And then you take that and put it on the bigger, more muscular stage of an international action picture, but also put all the character stuff in it. That's a really cool idea to me."

Sounds complete and utter tosh and Marky Marky aint Nathan, this is going to flop big time. Sony and NG better say something soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X