No announcement yet.

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt he has the strength to do ten 6 foot leaps in a row using nothing but his fingertips.

Comment

You're suggesting they should have cast The Rock, right? Can't say you're wrong.

Comment

He's pretty good in The Devil all the time. But he still plays a young en.
        Drake always presents himself as a world wise bloke in his mid thirtys. Not sure they've cast it right.

Comment

Unless they're thinking of sequels. In the sense that two films later they could have a guy in his mid-thirties and they feel it's better to start with a Drake in his mid-twenties than end up with a Drake in his mid-forties. I don't know. I'm not a Hollywood casting mogul. But he looks fine in that costume. While I think that game movies that totally abandon the game are pointless (Monster Hunter - why?), I also think films need a certain degree of license and I'm okay with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
            He's pretty good in The Devil all the time. But he still plays a young en.
            Drake always presents himself as a world wise bloke in his mid thirtys. Not sure they've cast it right.
            I like Holand in the rolls I've seen him in but i don't see him as drake, naughty dog took a lot of character traits form indy and made him a younger more jovial character. Hopefully i will be proved wrong and this isnt just this generations Prince of Persia where they take the flavor of the month actor and strap him into a mediocre film.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
              I like Holand in the rolls I've seen him in but i don't see him as drake, naughty dog took a lot of character traits form indy and made him a younger more jovial character. Hopefully i will be proved wrong and this isnt just this generations Prince of Persia where they take the flavor of the month actor and strap him into a mediocre film.
              This is my gut feel as well, nail on the head basically.

Comment

It's the same with Markie Mark as Sully. Seen the 'his tache' stories but at the end of the day he's exactly the same in everything and that's nothing like Sully. This still feels like another Sony-Made By Committee movie.

Comment

Ron Swanson should be Sully.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    This still feels like another Sony-Made By Committee movie.
                    That's also why I think the casting isn't really a bit deal. I don't think the casting is going to make or break it. It's whether it's remotely a decent movie or not. Now maybe you could say the casting is an indicator but I wouldn't have seen casting lookalikes as being any more of a good sign, to be honest. And let's be real, if you took the game and put it up on screen, it would be a blindingly stupid film about mass murder. The games have lovely cut scenes and they are superb games but not Hollywood gold screenwriting. Copy of Tomb Raider which in turn was a copy of Indy.

Feels like the chances of this being a by the numbers mediocre movie are incredibly high regardless of the cast. I guess maybe we'll be surprised but I know where my money is.

Comment

Yeah thats true. The film can hope to be a remake of indiana jones, at best.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                        Yeah thats true. The film can hope to be a remake of indiana jones, at best.
                        Its funny A game that took its inspiration from a film made back into a film, i wonder if we will see a movie based game tie in for extra levels of meta-ness.

If its like Indy, a schlocky popcorn adventure with a likeable cast, a good mystery to solve and supernatural elements id be pretty happy.

Comment

MGM has delayed Daniel Craig’s final 007 outing, “No Time to Die,” once again. Originally set for April 2020, then pushed to November 2020, then April 2021, it has now been pushed back again to an October 8th 2021 release. That puts it out just one week after “Dune” hits cinemas and HBO Max. It […]

It might be finally filmed but it's still not being released, Uncharted has now been delayed back till 11 February 2022

Comment

A new still from the film not remotely helping to convince anyone that this will accurately capture the games at all

Comment

The films teaser has leaked online

Comment

Yeah... pretty much as expected...

Comment

Working...
                                X