This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tankshell View Post
    First, without any rambling... here is the current state of the site: http://timloram.me.uk/
    If you do read this, I like it as it is a little bit different. Need to see the rest of the content however.

I am a web developer too and having not done any freelance in ages I am currently working on a site for a gymnastics club (criticism welcomed) which will be my first site in Ruby on Rails:

My site is down at the moment but will be able to be found at:

Hopefully down the road I intend to branch out into iOS development and UDK stuff which will also be on the site following the development of my game (which will be slow).

That 500 days a word idea is a good one, I don't know where you find the time however!

Nobody actually reads this thread except those actually doing the pimping, right?
    I did.... then pimped too...

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
      What happened to the old thread?

Anyway, I'm available for making websites (or any kind of development work really). Did this one for our very own Dogg Thang:

Note that I have no real creative skill though. All the artwork on the above site was already provided.
      FSW did indeed do this for me and he did a bloody good job. Great to work with and, importantly, very thorough - the site has worked for everyone without the slightest hitch or glitch from the day it went officially live. So I can highly recommend FSW. And, while he says he has no creative skill, he did offer advice on the layout and I think he probably has more creative skill than he thinks he does.

Oh and... follow my HUMANS on Twitter - http://twitter.com/GenuineHumans Go on!

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
        fivehundredaday.co.uk, in which I attempt to write 500 words a day.
        Today is day 200! That's 100,000 words of mostly average fiction I've written. If I'd spent my time writing one story instead of 180 (or so) pieces of flash fiction, I'd have written a novel by now!

Comment

I've recently started doing pixel art! I'm learning to do simple sprites, generally about 32x32.

This is a 10 minute Batman I did.

I have been doing sprites for a top down shooter I'm working on as a hobby project. This is one of the enemies.

Please critique!

Comment

Frikkin tiny! Really hard to see on my hi-res monitor but, from what I can see, they look great. Even at that size, there's no mistaking Batman.

Comment

Looking good on my imac 27" : ) Good work! The only thing I would say is that the edge of Batman's cape is looking a bit like the end of a scarf but other than that it's him!

Comment

Thanks guys.

I'll do a proper post with bigger images sometime soon.

Comment

Me and a mate have set up a movie page called beyond the cinema, news, movie art and reviews to come.

Just facebook and twitter pages at the moment but a blog is in the works.

Would appreciate if you could join in :-)

Log in to Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family and people you know.

Comment

What kind of movies?

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                      What kind of movies?
                      Just current movies at the moment, but will be including some retro stuff 80's horror, sci-fi and more

There will be features on movie posters, art of books, cult movies, revisiting movies we saw when we were younger.

We're both graphic designers so will be looking at the visual side as well as the actual films themselves.

More people joining in the better, we want people to talk to us about what they like as well and join in the discussion.

Comment

Comment

A bit of shameless self promotion here, boys (and girl).

Here is my latest album, available on Ambiel Music (a label I'm signed to), and streamable on SoundCloud:

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Enjoy!

Comment

All my books now available in the Kindle Store: http://amzn.to/lleDNK :-)

Comment

Congratulations Gordon that's quite an achievement.

Nearly finished Less than Zero that I'm currently reading so which one would you recommend that I start with bud?

Comment

I'd say start with The Apprentice, or Max. The Apprentice is a dark fantasy about a zombie and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Max is a dystopian SF novel about life in a near-future police state.

I'd go for Game Boy only if you're a mad gamer. :-) The story isn't as strong as the other two, and it's all a bit retro now; but it *is* packed with gaming stuff... The Dinner Party was my first novel, about a weird weirdo doing weird stuff to himself and others. Only read it if you enjoy the other three and want a slice of psycho horror.

Comment

Working...
                                X