Vanquish [PS3/Xbox 360]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whiskey A GO GO BABY!

People complaining about the story in this, really shouldn't. Its really B-Movie action material. The dialogue and quips, have had me laugh out loud numerous times.

The game at the moment is telling me i have been playing this for 3hrs, which is complete bollocks. Not in a bad way at all but it feels like i have played double that.
    Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 23-10-2010, 22:47.

Comment

I ablsoubtley love it, its just completely over the top crazy action done brilliantly, wasnt the biggest Bayonetta fan, but this is just awesome.

Hard is certainly the way to go though, the difference in Normal and hard here is like the difference between playing Gears on Casual and hardcore, it completely changes the game.

Anyway i love it to bits, though really, what is the point in the scoring? it makes me feel like a need to chain moves together or somthing and it gets me killed, thats not good. Its not the type of game that needs a scoring system really.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
        I ablsoubtley love it, its just completely over the top crazy action done brilliantly, wasnt the biggest Bayonetta fan, but this is just awesome.

Hard is certainly the way to go though, the difference in Normal and hard here is like the difference between playing Gears on Casual and hardcore, it completely changes the game.

Anyway i love it to bits, though really, what is the point in the scoring? it makes me feel like a need to chain moves together or somthing and it gets me killed, thats not good. Its not the type of game that needs a scoring system really.
        Haven't worked it out myself yet, but it seems you get bonus's for killing multiple targets at once etc using AR or doing something else. Like taking out carrier pilots, which will take out the carrier itself and if you have other robots in there it racks up.

Comment

Time, not dying... perhaps headshots? I couldn't be bothered with it tbh but I might now since I finished it anyway.

Comment

Yeah for all i know the scoring might have some kind of great hook that i havent twigged on to yet, but still all the same, having the score up on screen in a cover based shooter is somthing that seemns at odds with itself.

I dont understand why its there really, its a brilliant game but the scores just seem out of place.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
              Yeah for all i know the scoring might have some kind of great hook that i havent twigged on to yet, but still all the same, having the score up on screen in a cover based shooter is somthing that seemns at odds with itself.

I dont understand why its there really, its a brilliant game but the scores just seem out of place.
              It must have some kind of hook, every act and stage has a leaderboard.

Comment

Japanese Challenge mode demo rinsed:

This game is practically screaming for a youtube upload/ fileshare option.

Normal run:

Hard run:

Had an absolute blast. Can't wait to see the YouTube videos that are going to be done of high scoring super speed runs.

Now onto God Hard...

Comment

Challenge mode demo is pretty easy if you know what you're doing. But the full game has some nasty surprise on this very same challenge stage.

Comment

Playing on hard this is getting on my nerves now, got to the bit in the second act where you fight the two giant robot things and basicaly the whole screen is full of bullets and lasers that they are firing at you and if you stand Still for a second you get stomped on.

It's a pain in the arse and completely unfair, the only way to do it is with pure luck as you cant see what both robots are doing at the same time, unless I'm doing somthing wrong.

Ive died about 50 times on it now though and lost half my upgrades.
                    Last edited by rmoxon; 24-10-2010, 11:35.

Comment

Had no real trouble with that fight, the robot on 4 legs can be taken out fairly quickly by shooting its core and then QTE kill. The other one is quite far away and won't always go for you. You'll even get a checkpoint after destroying one.

Keep on rolling, slide, cover, flash grenades and manage your slow mo... there are more difficult parts than this one on Hard really. I just beat Challenge 1 and 2, compared to those the main game is a cakewalk.

You can get a trophy by failing the QTE so he also goes bipedal, but I would do that on a lower diff.
                      Last edited by saturn-gamer; 24-10-2010, 19:24.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                        Had no real trouble with that fight, the robot on 4 legs can be taken out fairly quickly by shooting its core and then QTE kill. The other one is quite far away and won't always go for you. You'll even get a checkpoint after destroying one.

Keep on rolling, slide, cover, flash grenades and manage your slow mo... there are more difficult parts than this one on Hard really. I just beat Challenge 1 and 2, compared to those the main game is a cakewalk.

You can get a trophy by failing the QTE so he also goes bipedal, but I would do that on a lower diff.
                        Going back to it I did it easy in the end, my problem was I was thinking the one at the front would transform when I destroyed its core like the one earlier on in the game so I was trying to kill the one on two legs first and ended up dying over and over. As soon as I tried to kill the other one first it was easy.

Nice of the game to explain it wouldnt transform though wasnt it?

Comment

Bits of this game are wicked...I loved the section amongst the containers - felt like some sort of futuristic Police Academy training - they should have had some Grannies and Girl Guides roll out that you are not suppose to shoot! Rolling out of cover in slow mo deserves an unlockable magnum!

Comment

Ace game, love it so far (chapter 1). The only negative is it moves so fast I keep wanting to restart for fear that I've been missing some things. Right at the start, when the ship crashes into the wall, I was so busy slow-moing and shooting things, I missed it. Some of the later ship fly-ins are incredible.

The game reminds me of Raiden's acrobatics in MGS4, except here you actually get to control all of it.

Do you get anything from shooting those little gold statues? I've only found one so far, I'm wondering if I should restart and hunt them down - do they unlock something cool?

Comment

Picked this up on Saturday on a whim, not really feeling it yet.

I think it would of worked better as a lone solider type thing, and getting plot-updates from the Doris back at the command centre. I find the whole squad based thing tiresome, they don't do anything most of the time anyway (during the first boss battle, I caught them just standing around by the door that opens AFTER the boss is defeated) and they just get in the way.

Also the cut-scenes in the MIDDLE of the action are too jarring, this is a typical Japanese trait though. Make a bonkers action game, and then right in the middle of it, have a cut scene!

Otherwise its a typical Japanese take on a Western genre. Its parts are not wholey original (bullet-time been used before), but when those parts are added up it results are the usual quality Japanese honed to perfection controls we have come to expect.

Not the best game ever made, but not a shoddy one either. I don't think it will rate as a classic though. And I am buggered if I will be completing this in under 4 hours, even on Normal. Those that do need to get themselves another hobby. "I completed this complex knitting pattern in under 4 days, wahhhh subscribtion to Simply Knitting cancelled"

Comment

Originally posted by englishbob View Post
                                I find the whole squad based thing tiresome, they don't do anything most of the time anyway (during the first boss battle, I caught them just standing around by the door that opens AFTER the boss is defeated) and they just get in the way.
                                I felt like this in the demo, but after getting stuck into the real thing I've come to like having them around. I think superficially they're job is to present a point of juxtaposition, the slow dumb Space Marine hulking about and cowering behind cover while you airguitar the room to death. But they also bring the laughs, well at least I found slow motion rolling into position to target a weak spot but instead having a big arse in the way (much to Sam's vocal objection) pretty funny...and they obviously hate robots! Or just dismiss all that and use them as mobile weapon drops - health them up when you running low!

Comment

Working...
                                X