Halloween

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halloween

Although I like Halloween as it's one of the few driving forces that make Hollywood produce horrors, I dislike all the trick or treat stuff.

Used to like it as a kid but I now find it a pain in the arse and awkward dealing with stranger's kids. I usually do the miserable bastard thing of turning the lights off, drawing the curtains and turning off the doorbell. Especially as I don't get on with my neighbours (I live in a chav central former council house estate)

What do other people think of Halloween? Excuse for partying/dates? Love Trick or Treaters? Dislike it as a whole?

I'm not really big on fancy dress so that stresses me out a fair bit. I do find that women get easier on that day though.

Comment

Ive been invited to a couple of parties, but they are either tonight or tomorrow, and not actually the Halloween day itself, probably something to do with it being a Sunday this year. But i think ima just stay in and watch horror movies all night long this year........ Must be gettin old or somat........

Ive never really done the trick or treat, or dressed up before so it doesn't phase me. But my friends and family statside go hell for leather with it, with huge gatherings and dressing up

Halloween night isfine, it mischief night that bugs me, eggs at your door for no reason is just stupid.........

Comment

I got invited to a party, but can't really afford to get a new costume, and we have to find a babysitter if we go. Instead we are going to stay in and watch The Wicker Man, and The Thing

Comment

It usually passes me by without me noticing it at all. About 15-20 years ago we'd get kids around here knocking at the door doing trick or treating, but gradually it died down and I can't recall having even seen a trick or treater around here for a good ten years, let alone have any knock at our door.

Strange really as last year I was reading how Halloween was becoming more popular over here and our spending on Halloween related stuff was increasing significantly each year. I guess it's more adults doing the spending now and using it as an excuse for a party

Comment

Hate it, hate it, hate it. It's worse than Christmas. For some reason we've started getting groups of up to 30-40 chavvy kids messing around near our house of late so Sunday is going to be a joy. Probably have to lock the door and park the car elsewhere.

Comment

I bought a load of chocs for trick or treaters last year and none came round! All the more nom nom nom for me!

I live in a really nice area now and don't know if I'll get any this year either.

I've got some chums coming over for take-away and horror flicks (thanks Soundwave!).

I like the chance to see a spooky film, but dislike being forcefed another Hallmark event.

I do, however, love the fact girls use the opportunity to dress up in saucy outfits...

Comment

I've always seen it as a more American thing. They go for it far more than we do. I don't think I've seen any trick or treaters on the streets of Guildford for nearly 10 years now.

Comment

We sometimes get some kids from our street round with their parents. We have a supply of funsize mars and twix, and if they don't come I'm going to have a chocolate frenzy!

Comment

I'm sick of halloween - to me it's just a rubbish goth-merchandise festival. There are only so many times you can watch The Nightmare Before Christmas.

I think I'm just bitter because it clashes badly with my birthday...

Comment

Love it. We've got loads of decorations and stuff we put round the house, put a carved pumkin outside, paper bags with candles in up the path, the whole works.

Just back from the US where they do it big time - do a seach for Celebration Florida Halloween - one place we saw had a the full frontage made up as pirate of the caribbean, including lights, sounds and smoke. Incredible. Best pumpkin patch there ever too.

I'll be wearing my new Jack Skellington American Football shirt and handing out the sweets like a pedo.

Comment

I hate the little scroats especially the ones over the age of 16 that still do it, I usually tell them to get bent!

Comment

I have got a few sweets in just in case. I don't mind little kids who make an effort. When I was at university in Hull I lived in a bit of a rough area and around Halloween time I got the usual knock at the door. When I opened the door I saw a young mum smoking a fag and she had a tiny baby asleep in the pram with the cheapest look mask half across his face. I just stared at her and she pointed at the baby, took a drag of her fag and said, "Trick or Treat" I was in shock so I gave her 20p and shut the door.

Comment

I always thought that they were huge on it in the US too, but am in Chicago right now but am seeing very little evidence of Halloween, much to my dismay. Some of the shops have Halloween aisles but no more than I would expect at a Tesco / Sainsburys etc over in the UK. I'm going to a Bulls game Saturday night and am flying back Sunday so I'll miss the actual day, but I'm sure I will live.

Comment

Fuse you traveling alone in the big ole U S of A?

Comment

Working...
                              X