Commodore 64 games pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commodore 64 games pictures

Some Commodore 64 games I finally took from my parents attic. I am sure there are more up there as I remember having finders keepers.

Bring back memories for anyone?

Ah Myth, Ikari....so many great memories. Lack of Wizball is disturbing though.

Comment

Many many good memories, I spent ages and ages trying to complete X Out taking turns with my younger brother back in the days, never did finish it !

Thanks for bringing a tear to my eye !

Comment

That Double Dragon was the first game I ever bought. £10 from Boots in Brent Cross.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Funnily enough, my NES came from Boots

Comment

I have quite a few disk's with 10+ games on and also turbo tapes. Anyone remember turbo tapes? Games would load one after another and you entered a command to play them or go onto load the next one. I had 1 tape with the following on:-
            Pitfall 2, Adventures of Sammy lightfoot, Jumping jack flash, montezuma's revenge, Aztec challenge, Lady tut and Wizard of wor. My fav tape!

I had Wizball but I think I lent it to a friend and never had it back, same with kikstart 2, Ahhhh defender of the crown too. Amazing what you remember once prompted.

Comment

I must admit I was a huge C64 pirate. One day my Dad came home with a black bag full of games that a workmate had lent him. We went to WHSmith and bought some blank tapes and spent an entire weekend making our own turbo tapes. Luckily for me Nebulus was the first game on one of the tapes. I probably would never have discovered it otherwise.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

They should also remake Myth , God of War Style

I also loved Invader load , top notch music by the maniacs of noise as well i think .........

Comment

Bubble Bobble <3

Completed that on a C64 with my "bezzie mate" through school. C64 version started my love of that game.

Comment

Some nice disk stuff there... I can't take photos of my stuff... well, I could but it would be a LOT of photos heh...

Bubble Bobble is arguably one of the best conversions on the C64. You might like the signed copy that I have, courtesy of randomly finding out I won something from Steve Ruddy on eBay.
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Microprose Soccer is surely the greatest sports game the world has ever seen. Forget all this Winning Eleven malarky. Rain and banana shots on the highest setting was insanely good. I couldn't beat the first team, Oman in single-player, but I was pretty amazing in 2-player. I was the champion on my estate. 15-0 games were not uncommon.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Microprose Soccer is surely the greatest sports game the world has ever seen. Forget all this Winning Eleven malarky. Rain and banana shots on the highest setting was insanely good. I couldn't beat the first team, Oman in single-player, but I was pretty amazing in 2-player. I was the champion on my estate. 15-0 games were not uncommon.
                        Didnt know they did a jap ntsc version of that !

Comment

Commodore 64C Hollywood pack was my first foray in gaming, well actually it wasn't as I had received an Atari 2600 Jr for Christmas some years before. I did have a C64 scart cable though. My preferred C64 joystick were actually the CX24 Atari joysticks that I kept after the 2600 itself was thrown away. I went through Quickshots like no man's business, but the CX24's were quality.
                          Last edited by J0e Musashi; 30-10-2010, 18:19.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                            Microprose Soccer is surely the greatest sports game the world has ever seen. Forget all this Winning Eleven malarky. Rain and banana shots on the highest setting was insanely good.
                            Haha. This is the setting me and my bro used to play. You could curl the ball in a neat semi circle!

Comment

Does anyone know the value of any of these games?

especially these:-
                              Bubble Bobble (disc)
                              R-Type (disc)
                              Dark Castle (disc)
                              720D (disc)
                              Myth: history in the making (disc)
                              Ikari Warriors (disc)
                              Underwurlde (tape) Fake I think
                              Road Runner (tape) Fake I think
                              Metrocross (tape)
                              Humpty Dumpty (tape)
                              Face Maker (tape)