No announcement yet.

Best chili pickles / sauces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree green Tabasco is great. It's stocked in my local Asda, so I'm pretty lucky.

I like the Jalapeno flavour more than any other chilli, and find this stuff to be pretty good too:
    cajun injector, bruce foods, ghost pepper, bruces foods, 12/1.5, bruce foods corporation, aseptic packaging, bulk pepper, jobs in new iberia la, cajun injector website, cajun injector electric smoker, how hot is a ghost pepper, fiesta foods, bruce's foods, cajun king, cajun cooking, hot chilli sauce, hot sauces for sale, hot sauce, food service corporations, louisiana hot sauce, heritage foods, aseptic packaging manufacturers, jalapeno paprika, cajun injectors, bruce, aseptic food packaging, habanero paprika, bruce foods el paso tx, hot chilli sauces, hot sauces, heartland food corp login, red paprika, bruce foods cajun injector, seasoning injectors, bruce food, manufacturing el paso, bruce foods wilson nc, bruce foods corp, tacos lafayette la, le yam's, industrial seasoning manufacturer, sauce manufacturing, pepper mash, www.cajuninjector.com, el paso manufacturing companies, cajun injector seasoning, bruce foods cajun injector electric smoker, heartland tx, aseptic packaging of food products, el paso wholesale food distributor, bruce's bread pudding mix, bruce food corporation, el paso manufacturers, bruces, chilli sauces, cajun injector marinade, hot pepper sauce, chili new iberia, hot sauce foodservice, chili powder suppliers, industrial seasoning distributor, el paso wholesale foods, bruce foods el paso texas, bruces food, retail jobs el paso tx, bruce's yams, convenience store 79938, southeastern mills, convenience store 79907, texas hot sauce, bruce foods el paso, sauce foodservice, bruce tekken, food injector, online hot sauce store, hot sauce wholesalers, hot sauce foodservice recipe, convenience store 79936, hot sauce bulk order, chargrill, retail inbouwspot, wordpress new iberia, louisiana, inbouwspots retail, brucefoods, hot sauce cycling, sauce, bruce corporation, food king el paso tx, bruce foods products, bruce co, artisan hot sauce, bulk spices houston, worldwide marketplace, 12-1.5, peppers inc, sauce manufacturers, spicy foodservice, video distribution lafayette, la, iberia foods, louisiana hot sauce, bruce foods, southeastern mills new iberia la, iberia hot sauce, si brown bruce foods, pepper mash suppliers, southeastern mills st martinville la, bruce foods louisiana, bruce foods el paso, bruce foods new iberia, bruce foods corporation, bruce foods new iberia la, bruce foods louisiana hot sauce, bruce foods el paso texas, cayenne pepper mash, bruce foods corp, bruce foods products, bruce foods sold, southeastern mills louisiana, louisiana chili sauce, hot sauce from louisiana, louisiana cayenne pepper sauce, southeastern mills louisiana hot sauce, bruce foods cajun injector, louisiana hot sauce hot sauce, louisiana hot peppers, louisiana hot sauce company, southeastern mills hot sauce, bruce foods, bruce foods corporation, bruce's bread pudding mix, bruce foods corp, bruce foods cajun injector, bruce foods cajun injector electric smoker, bruce foods corp., bruce foods el paso texas, bruce foods new iberia, brucefoods, cajun injector, bruce food corporation, bruce foods el paso tx, bruce foods louisiana, bruce's foods, bruces food, 365 food brand, 365 hot sauce, a ghost pepper, aged pepper mash, anaheim scoville, are dried ghost peppers hotter than fresh , are ghost peppers hot, are serrano chiles hot, artisan food processor, artisan food processors, artisan hot sauce, artisan pepper mill, aseptic food, aseptic food packaging, aseptic packaging, aseptic packaging manufacturers, aseptic packaging of food products, aseptic preservative puree, aseptic puree, aseptic puree supplier

It's not blow your head off, but again has a sweet and spicy taste. I can also buy it in my local Asda, along with other flavours in the range.

Comment

Dudes, this Econa stuff, which variety do you recommend? Links please!

Comment

I think theres only two, normal or sweet chilli, both are great but the normal hot is fine for everyday use (my housemate puts it on everything).

Comment

Personally Encona is OK only to add some heat. I don't think it has a nice flavour but is OK as a fall back.
          The Marie Sharps sauce is made with carrots, limes and Habaneros but is not so hot to be unpleasant. I'm personally surprised to see it available in UK so thanks to this thread will be able to stock up.

Comment

There are loads of them

Comment

Ive always found the trick with chillies etc is not to show how much it hurts lol.

The sweat and red eyes do give it away sometimes tho, Im gonna order some of the sauces from the links above, much appreciated!.

Comment

A friend of mine grew his own chillies over the summer, he's a chilli addict, makes his own chilli sause for things, I went round and took a few photos and did some tasting, we both picked one off the same plant, he ate it like it was nothing however I had tears streaming from my eyes and was feeling it for quite some time, i've attached a few pics, its something im thinking about trying next summer.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  Dudes, this Econa stuff, which variety do you recommend? Links please!
                  I only use the original = West Indian Hot Pepper Sauce.

I love the taste as previously mentioned though it's of course not for everyone as smouty isn't a fan.
                  Its flavour I find is similar to the original Tabasco.

As with other hot sauces it is powerful, if you use on a salad for example you could find that before the end of the meal it has started to 'melt' the lettuce.

Comment

Just ordered another 5 jars of Brinjal Pickle. If you like aubergine, you'll love this.

Also cracked open the Psycho Monkey sauce last night - a mix of habanero and naga. Super tasty and a bit of a slow burner. Didn't kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
                      I love the taste as previously mentioned though it's of course not for everyone as smouty isn't a fan.
                      I wouldn't go as far to say I'm not a fan of Encona
                      As I said it is fine to add some heat when cooking but is not one I like to eat on its own e.g. as a dip. Easily available though.

If you want to try something different - here is something picked up from the Gurkhas when in the Falklands.
                      Put a couple of hot chilies in a bottle of Vodka and leave it for a few months. Certainly warms you up.
                      You can also add some if you make your own pickled onions etc
                      Last edited by smouty; 17-11-2010, 11:02.

Comment

I was in Selfridges in Brum the other weekend to stock up on Green Tabasco and Chipotle Tabasco, when I saw this pair of desperados!

Last edited by QualityChimp; 17-11-2010, 11:31. Reason: too biiiig

Comment

I got a sample of sauces thanks to this thread from the Hot Spice Emporium.

I've sampled them all neat, the Sudden Death on the far right is definitely a real mouth burner. The Jalapeno Death has very little heat to it, but is very tasty - it'll make a good dipping sauce for tortillas. The Original Death is also a nice general sauce, it has a bite but it's not nasty. The After Death has a good hot kick to it to, both the After and Sudden have extract in them, but it doesn't adversely affect the taste.

All-in-all a good mini-selection. I'll defo be getting some others from the Hot Sauce Emporium.

Comment

I have tried the normal one of the above and found it ok. It's nicer than Dave's Insanity (which is just silly) but not as nice as some others. I do fancy that Jalapeno sauce though.

Thanks to this thread im an Encona addict now. Just on my second bottle in about 4 weeks, and tried it with most foodstuffs. It's tasty and has a good kick.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              Here are my picks:

Brinjal Pickle (aubergine) - just amazing. Taste sensation.
                              Scotch bonnet pickle - really hot, but still a distinct flavour that I keep coming back to.
                              Based on your recommendations I grabbed both of these - have to say though I wasn't impressed by the brinjal pickle at all I'd rate it a 2/10 of the burn scale. Lots of oil, no heat to it and not even that flavoursome.

The scotch bonnet pickled though it very nice - been using it as a dip and sandwich pickle - it certainly isn't mega hot my rating would be a 4 to 5/10 in burn, but it's a good general heat that works as a hot pickle and it has some great flavour that really enhanced my cheese toastie. I've already used about 15% of it up.

Comment

Yeah, the brinjal isn't hot at all. Shame you didn't like the taste though.
                                I think the scotch bonnet has got weaker. The latest batch (of five jars!) isn't nearly as firey as the last lot. Better like this though I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X