No announcement yet.

Amazon.co.uk Black Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The second the timer hit zero, I went to buy the Take That cd & I was still too late. I physically couldn't have clicked any quicker. Unless I had a robot or something to do it for me.

Comment

Meh, just by the standalone from PC world for under 20. The pad isn't worth 10 on it's own.

These deals are hardly spectacular, a couple of quid being saved here or there at most.

Comment

For some reason people aren't biting for the £29.99 cordless drill. 0% claimed.

Reckon they're deliberately putting in stinkers so they can say "only some items sold out instantly"

But anyhow, rubbish promotion that'll only piss people off. Haven't they learnt? You only do these kinds of flash sales if you have massive amounts of stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
          These deals are hardly spectacular, a couple of quid being saved here or there at most.
          Exactly, and they're still selling out in zero seconds.

The chances of getting anything are pretty much nil, when the good stuff does turn up.

What's worse is that you can add something to your basket, remove the chance of anyone else getting it, and then decide afterwards that you don't even want it so not complete checkout.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
            What is the point?

I literally clicked it in the first second it was available? Sold out.

Goldeneye Wii with CCpro.

Dammit.
            Same here, didn't get it. Wonder how much stock they had. 10 copies?

Comment

Ok seriously Amazon? Seriously?

These still somehow sold out in a minute

Comment

LOL
                I looked at the philips candles and thought cool possibly at £4.98 I will bite, wont look too bad in bathroom maybe.
                £3.24 off.....?!
                This isn't REALLY a black friday sale, crazy.

Comment

YES!! Just scored myself 30 Blue LED candle lights - off to EBay now to make a healthy 3 quid profit. This time next year Rodders, we'll be millionaires...

Good (as in, not really good at all) to see this is going exactly as predicted - I bet Amazon are laughing all the way to the bank by shifting crap that's been clagging up their warehouses for ages. Next up, a mystery black bag containing an assortment of empty food containers and old newspapers...a bargain at ?20 delivered! Buy now!

Comment

This is turning into a PR nightmare for amazon - their webforum, their facebook page and no doubt their twitter one too have just exploded with anger.

Someone went as far as to wish cancer upon amazon's employees

Comment

Missed Internet Bargains - serious buisness.

Comment

lol, it's like a black friday in a shop, but instead of allowing 200 people into the building, there are 200,000 online people all vying for 20 items.

Comment

Would be interested to know what Trading Standards would make of this.

They tend to frown on heavily advertised sales where the shopkeepers knowingly don't have anywhere near enough stock to meet demand. Anything of worth is literally going in a second.

*edit*

Not amazingly cheap lego box, not amazingly cheap bikes all sold out within 20 seconds.

Comment

I thought they would have at least had a decent volume of stock on the CD and DVD offers but it seems not.

I might have been interested in the Wii but it seems like I'd have more chance of being visited by aliens.

We could have a guessing game on prices, £50 for photoshop elements I reckon.
                            Last edited by NW2013; 22-11-2010, 13:00.

Comment

Not even worth half that much, now if it was a full version of photoshop for 50 quid then we might be onto something.

Comment

Hmm... There may be a bug with this. Hearing that if you add a sale item to your basket before the deal goes live, you'll get the discount when it's live.

Please tell me Amazon have more competent coders than that

Comment

Working...
                                X