Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon.co.uk Black Friday

This sooooooo isn't going to end well.

At random periods from Monday 22nd, Amazon.co.uk are going to do Black Friday style megadeals with limited stock. One of the biggies will apparently be Wii consoles at 60% off.

I remember when the Wii was released and Amazon wouldn't allow pre-orders. Orders were first come first serve as the shipments came in. It wasn't pretty (amazon weren't as stupid as other sites to advertise the shipment times though, saw a few sites get taken down by people hammering refresh).

Ultra limited advertised sales can get you fined by trading standards, presumably they're getting around this by either having plenty of stock or relying on the fact they're not themselves advertising what they'll be getting in.

Anyhow, could be fun.

For those who have never heard of Black Friday, it's a US thing. Traditionally the weekend after Thanksgiving is when shops start making a profit on the year (black = black ink in the accounts book). To celebrate and to clear stock for xmas, they do big sales, usually with a major headline bargain.
    Last edited by abigsmurf; 16-11-2010, 07:47.

Wii and 360, I heard. Already posted on GAF and I'm sure it'll be on HUKD, so the chances of anyone with a life getting anything are pretty slim. :-(

*hopes for GT5 deal anyway*

Comment

There was an episode of Chuck with Black Friday in the Buy More. It was carnage.

Comment

Yay! Black Friday appears in the UK!

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
          ...so the chances of anyone with a life getting anything are pretty slim. :-(
          I'm in with a shot then! Seriously though, does HUKD have an RSS feed or anything? Anything else I can do to improve my chances of not missing this?

Comment

If you create an account there you can create pretty cool custom RSS feeds, however I'm not sure how prompt they are. I have Google Reader open at all times but I still notice that the feeds sometimes get updated some time after the site itself.

Best case for a nolifer such as yourself (:-p) would be to keep the site open and F5 like a madman.

Comment

Another offer they've hinted at is one of those flip HD camcorders at 60% off.

I'm still expecting anything of worth in that sale to be vaccuumed up in a minute and sold on using ebay

Comment

This has massive threads on all forums I look at, Hotminkuk, and money saving expert, so it's going to be shear luck if anyone gets anything.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                  Another offer they've hinted at is one of those flip HD camcorders at 60% off.

I'm still expecting anything of worth in that sale to be vaccuumed up in a minute and sold on using ebay
                  Who would so something like that?

*notes idea*

Comment

Apparently they had Susan Boyle and Take That CDs as their opening offer.

Lasted 5 seconds before selling out.

Given that there are strong clues to every product hours in advance, you simply don't stand any chance of buying anything worthwhile.

Comment

Curses, I was after both of those too!!

I knew black Friday is a pretty big deal in the US, did not realise that it was one of these silly 'everyone scramble' type affairs though. Can't see me getting involved unless something I am after in particular comes up that no-one else fancies. Don't really have the time or patience to battle it out for limited stock.

Comment

No one's going to be scrambling for the deals on at the moment.

Overpriced 2.0 Creative speakers were £80! Now £52 ¬¬

Harry potter DVDs were reasonable but not earth shattering. £12 for the set.

*edit*

There was a blu ray HP deal that went in stupid time.

Yeah... This Black Friday thing is crap. Loads of rubbish tat with mediocre reductions. Anything worthwhile will go in seconds.

Comment

Note to those using this - make sure you are signed in. I hit the button to add to basket and by the time I put my password in the deal was gone! Git, it was the Harry Potter blur-ray set I was buying for my Mrs anyway.

Comment

What is the point?

I literally clicked it in the first second it was available? Sold out.

Goldeneye Wii with CCpro.

Dammit.

Comment

£30 for goldeneye with classic controller. £10 off a drill. Tacky Diamonique earings for 1/3rd the price

Goldeneye wasn't exciting deal but it still sold out instantly. I'd bet 90% of them went to resellers.

There must be sod all stock for them for go out that fast.

*edit*

How much do you wanna bet this is being botted or people are abusing the javascript?

Comment

Working...
                              X