No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And then imagine it with an Autolog system.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr M0by View Post
      And then imagine it with an Autolog system.
      And then with 9 playable boss characters.

But seriously, Autolog... well, we can dream...

Comment

Wait, so after all this time and the amount of updates, there are still no online leaderboards?....

Comment

Originally posted by englishbob View Post
          Wait, so after all this time and the amount of updates, there are still no online leaderboards?....
          I'm going to check soon as I left mine updating overnight. However, I'm sure I would remember something as big as Leaderboards in GT5 making the news. So, I'm guessing no.

Edit: there are no online leaderboards.
          Last edited by hudson; 09-11-2012, 12:53.

Comment

This game has had more updates than windows and I'd still give it 7/10.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
              Edit: there are no online leaderboards.
              Oh dear! Hence my earlier comments about Polyphony being on-drugs when it comes to online play.

Comment

Actually, I just checked the Seasonal Events section of the game where there are fortnightly added A-Spec, TT, and Drift events. Each one has an online leaderboard.

Comment

Finally after downloading this huge update i have been able to play GT5 today and i have to say its still as bad as remember. The biggest turn off for me is despite having it installed to the hard drive, the load times are terrible, everything takes so long from the menus to actually getting to race, coming from Forza Horizon which i can fire up and be driving within 2 mins, it takes GT5 at least double that, i thought this would have be fixed by now.

Comment

I don't think it's something Polyphony can fix as the engine is built with installs in mind. Remember that the longer you play the game, the more is installed to the Hard Drive, the quicker everything loads. Cold comfort to those playing new though!

I've had a lot of fun playing the Seasonals this afternoon, you can buy any Honda Civic and tune it to something like 415 Performance Points and then you're given a few races that pay out 200,000 a pop. Because they've got the cap on the car, the racing is really tight and you have to learn the track and car before you can think about getting pole.

Still falling head over heals with the looks of the game.

Comment

I don't care about the naysayers, GT5 is the best racer this generation. Hands down.

Comment

Really like the Ferrari pic you took Wools it's awesome. Glad yr enjoying the game. Stick with offline and Seasonals youll have fun. GT 5 is a great looking game sooo, sooo many updates though, mines at 16gb size! Handling model is really good. I have used some great cars borrowed from some peeps on here like the tuned up Impreza I used for some races. Online is indeed a mixed bag rarely have I enjoyed the online races I have had, always ruined by people doing the same tracks. Using impossibly speced out or light weight cars, or crashing into me/ not letting me join games at all. They really, really need to look at this for GT 6 as well as just using certain models of cars for online races for examples all GTR's in one race etc. The overall presentation generally of menus in the whole game requires a revamp. I like some of the Rally stuff and feel they could have done more with the Special Events than they did. Besides all the grinding its great to find some bargain 2nd hand cars, or race some of the Seasonals which can be competitive and raise a bit of cash. Enjoy the NASCAR stuff too in one player and some races. A.I requires dramatic work though, as A.I in games like Ferrari F355 put this to shame.
                        Last edited by JU!; 14-11-2012, 19:34.

Comment

I picked up the Academy version the other day, still needed a couple of updates before first playing, looks stunning in 1080p for sure. Not ventured on to any online races yet, plays well with the DFGT wheel I already have for iRacing. But it's good to play, and brings back many happy memories of years gone by.

Did anyone here ever slog on for the Platinum?

Comment

What is this like online, is there quite an active community or is it better to pick up the Wipeout bundle for an online racer? Was thinking of getting the academy version.

Comment

Get the Academy Edition over the base game, it's around ?15 online & includes almost all the updates on disc along with the DLC like Spa.

And whilst you're at it, pick up the WipEout HD/Fury bundle too! They're both great racers.

Comment

Working...
                              X