Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
    To add more to my previous post. This is still the finest videogame I have ever played and the one I return to when I can't decide what or have nothing else to play.

The third game will eclipse anything else next year as far as I'm concerned. Even Last Guardian!
    Blasphemy. I am really looking forward to this, the 2nd game was a LOT better than the first IMO which I also loved.

Would be quite cool if they did a role reversal, and for one of the chapters you have to play as Elena to save Drake etc.

Any time frame for this one? Or have I totally missed something...

Comment

There's no confirmed release window yet but its commonly presumed that Sony will copy UC2's release and we'll see this in November 2011

Comment

GamesRadar+ takes you closer to the games, movies and TV you love.

Name, setting and late (no doubt November) 2011 release date. Drake's looking for a buried city and it involves a focus on Sully and... well, lots of decieving.

Comment

mmm Alliteration.

Hoping for more ruin exploration and more puzzles this time.

There was a big puzzle in the second one where you use your ancient key, solve the puzzle which results in... opening a window, showing off the entrance which would've been blindingly obvious to anyone who took a casual stroll around the ruins.
          Last edited by abigsmurf; 09-12-2010, 15:41.

Comment

More Drake = Win.
            Like Smurfy boy said though some actual puzzles that are actually puzzling would be nice.

Comment

and fewer henchmen who are somehow able to lie in wait for you in ruins with a single entrance that has been sealed for 400 years.

Comment

Box art and some shots at Thumb Culture.

Comment

CVG have done a analysis of the (teaser) trailer,

GamesRadar+ takes you closer to the games, movies and TV you love.

They seem to have found some good hints as to how the game will pan out.

Comment

Hated Uncharted 1 and 2. Floppy gunplay, terrible stodgy traversal, bad level design and terrible bosses. Slap some shiny graphics on, and a few wisecracks and you can paper any gameplay deficiencies it seems. A third one is about as welcome as a bout of thrush on the inside of my eyelids.

Comment

Originally posted by cavalcade View Post
                      Hated Uncharted 1 and 2. Floppy gunplay, terrible stodgy traversal, bad level design and terrible bosses. Slap some shiny graphics on, and a few wisecracks and you can paper any gameplay deficiencies it seems. A third one is about as welcome as a bout of thrush on the inside of my eyelids.

Uncharted 2 was bloody amazing!

Comment

I bet you have to escape from that plane and shoot people while it crashes to the ground etc also. Like the train scenario in 2. Erm, how are they going to better some of the set pieces from the 2nd exactly? The mind boggles.

Comment

Uncharted is the greatest game series of this generation I reckon.

Comment

I simply can't understand the adulation Uncharted 2 gets, beyond the fact it looks nice. The gunplay, in particular, is tragically awful - we're talking sub Turning Point:Fall of Liberty bad - but I seem to a be a lone voice in the wilderness on this one. If they're doing a third I'd let Naughty Dog do the graphics and story, but outsource the actual game bit to someone like Epic or Valve. Or Brian from down the pub, who once coded a text adventure game on the CPC464.

Comment

Originally posted by cavalcade View Post
                              I simply can't understand the adulation Uncharted 2 gets, beyond the fact it looks nice. The gunplay, in particular, is tragically awful - we're talking sub Turning Point:Fall of Liberty bad - but I seem to a be a lone voice in the wilderness on this one. If they're doing a third I'd let Naughty Dog do the graphics and story, but outsource the actual game bit to someone like Epic or Valve. Or Brian from down the pub, who once coded a text adventure game on the CPC464.
                              Are you sure youre talking about Uncharted 2 and not Quatum Theory or somthing?

The gunplay in Uncharted 2 is brilliant, just like every other single thing about the game, its one of the best ever made without question, if you think it plays badly then youre in serious need of medication, or just dont like playing games, its virtualy flawless.
                              Last edited by rmoxon; 09-12-2010, 20:35.

Comment

In 3D? AHMAGAWD! Seriously, Uncharted would be really awesome in 3d. Liking the sound of the desert setting. Hope they will open up portions of the, it doesn't have to be so linear all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X