Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

GamesRadar+ takes you closer to the games, movies and TV you love.

Following the VGA Awards rumours, Kotaku has apparently had an 'informed' leak say it will definately be revealed next month and will have a significant focus on the African desert.

To me it's a setting that makes sense, it ties in with the Indy-esque style of the series and with a bit of colour-me-do allows them to make more use of the snow tech they utilised for Uncharted 2. I'm largely expecting the game to look and follow quite closely in UC2's steps but with a greater emphasis on expanding the multiplayer elements.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 09-12-2010, 14:28.

Yipee, cant wait for more Drake!

Comment

Bring. It. On!!!

Comment

I loved the uncharted games so much, i'll even buy another PS3 just to play this when it comes out.

Comment

Hopefully not all desert. I want more pretty environments please ND!

Comment

I think Naughty Dog would be a little mad not to make Drake do a little globe trotting again.

I certainly wouldn't make a design decision like that when you have all that great tech under your belt.

Comment

I think globe trotting is part of the Drake franchise, you couldnt just have it on 1 continent. Although Africa itself is bloody varied in landscape and terrain (as are all continents), I would still expect Drake to be trotting through various different exotic jungles and cities.

Comment

Given the strides they've made with the tech it'd be interesting to see some water based location as well to contrast the desert sand. Not the much rumoured Atlantis though, its too predictable.

Nathan Drake in... Rapture!

Comment

Let's just hope they don't replace Nolan North with Mark Wahlberg now he's been confirmed for the movie version...

Comment

Thankfully, the loose lipped nature of the actors team means that the three who cover Nathan, Sully and Elena pretty much confirmed they've been recording their parts this year. I really like that they've kept Elena in the series rather than doing an Indy and completely switching love interests per game. Chloe showed he's enough of a rogue to have other women on the go but Elena acts like an anchor as the player always believes they'll end up together in the end and she's probably the most honest person he knows.

Comment

Where as other gaming sequels tend to pop up on an annual basis, an Uncharted sequel tends to emerge every two years.......... a good length of time to spend on a new game whilst maintaining impetus and interest in a game, but not over working and over hyping the next iteration.......

REALLY looking forward to another slice of gaming heaven!

Comment

Its funny , a couple of years ago Id never have said Id be looking forward to a third Uncharted game more than Gears of War 3, but I really am.

Like most people I doubt it will just be in one place, Africa may well be just the main setting for the game, where a large chunk of it will take place.

Anyway, hearing this is deffinitley an excuse for me to finally go back to the other two and finish them both on crushing before it arrives.

Comment

I agree with the Uncharted 3 > Gears 3 comment (in terms of anticipation anyway) - I expect Uncharted will try and up the ante again with new locales and better puzzles etc. The integration of platforming and shooting is just excellent. Are we getting a VGA reveal or something?

Comment

What's not to like about more Uncharted? Day 1 purchase for me! Whatever the location etc, I know the game will be great!

Comment

To add more to my previous post. This is still the finest videogame I have ever played and the one I return to when I can't decide what or have nothing else to play.

The third game will eclipse anything else next year as far as I'm concerned. Even Last Guardian!

Comment

Working...
                              X