No announcement yet.

The Shattering / Cataclysm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up at 85 now and working my way through heroic dungeons - They are not easy.

They are especially probmatic if using dungeon finder, well from my experience at least - I can see them being nerf batted for 6 in the near future. You can't go into them with one weak player and carry them through it, not for now at least.

How different from wotlk

Not tried any pvp yet, it's not really my thing, prefer a crosshair to kill players - Although I do like mass pvp and battlegrounds.

Doubt I am getting into the raiding this time around, it's too time consuming.

Comment

Yeah... I think I'm going to stop playing this now.

got to 85, got semi-reasonable gear to start the heroics... My experience is thus:

Wait for 50 minutes, wipe on first boss, group disbands. 3 times in a row.

Comment

Yeah, start off on Heroics with a guild. Thankfully i've had a really decent day for Heroics with a few random pick-up groups.

What server is everyone playing on? I recently moved to Draenor for a few friends.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
          Yeah... I think I'm going to stop playing this now.

got to 85, got semi-reasonable gear to start the heroics... My experience is thus:

Wait for 50 minutes, wipe on first boss, group disbands. 3 times in a row.
          Queueing with randoms is pointless for now.

Doing anything with randoms is pointless actually.

Comment

The random situation is a lot better now. I've finished quite a few HCs today with all pick-up groups as a healer, and managed to do a decent Baradin Hold run as shadow spec.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
              What server is everyone playing on? I recently moved to Draenor for a few friends.
              Why do people always mention servers I've played on before long after I've started on a new one? :'(

Currently on Magtheridon (I always go to a 'New Players' realm when I start anew). Horde, obviously.

Comment

Magtheridon, blimey that server is dead - Although I think it might be picking up a bit now with the free transfers going there.

I have a couple of alts on there, but they are only lowbies - My mains is on chamber of aspects.

For the horde!

Comment

I've been all over the place. My favourite has to be Al'Akir, and if we're talking about being with RL friends then it has to be Ghostlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                    Why do people always mention servers I've played on before long after I've started on a new one? :'(

Currently on Magtheridon (I always go to a 'New Players' realm when I start anew). Horde, obviously.
                    thats where i am to

Comment

Randoms are just a complete pain in the arse right now. 40 minute wait, and you end up with a group that hasnt got a clue what so ever. Done 3-4 heroic instance runs with my guild last night died once, was my own fault trying a short cut

People with no enchants on gear i can forgive a bit etc, but dieing again and again on the same boss from the same attack without learning really gets on my tits. You know full well what you are doing, but the others just dont get it or click at all

I like the new harder instances myself as Lich was a real bore after a few runs, and gives it more of a small raid epic feeling. Cant wait for next week when we move onto raiding and ill be past all this hassle of randoms. That is until i decied to lvl my Shaman or DK from 80
                      Last edited by Garny; 06-01-2011, 14:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Garny View Post
                        Randoms are just a complete pain in the arse right now. 40 minute wait, and you end up with a group that hasnt got a clue what so ever. Done 3-4 heroic instance runs with my guild last night died once, was my own fault trying a short cut

People with no enchants on gear i can forgive a bit etc, but dieing again and again on the same boss from the same attack without learning really gets on my tits. You know full well what you are doing, but the others just dont get it or click at all

I like the new harder instances myself as Lich was a real bore after a few runs, and gives it more of a small raid epic feeling. Cant wait for next week when we move onto raiding and ill be past all this hassle of randoms. That is until i decied to lvl my Shaman or DK from 80
                        My guild attempted doing Bastion of Twilight last night. I won't be trying that again in a hurry.

Give Baradin Hold a try, it's a nice, easy introduction to raiding.

Comment

I'm currently avoiding tanking. Iffy connection and being on-call aren't conducive to a smooth tanking experience.

Originally posted by Shez View Post
                          My mains is on chamber of aspects.
                          Haha, that was where I was last time out! >_<

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
                            My guild attempted doing Bastion of Twilight last night. I won't be trying that again in a hurry.

Give Baradin Hold a try, it's a nice, easy introduction to raiding.
                            10 or 25 man Bastion? Think we are going for 10 first. Always a good way to get better gear, then move on to 25's. Mind you, looking at the new Heroics it wouldnt suprise me if normal 10 is as hard as nails.

Done BT and Hyjal back in BC, so i cant see it being any harder than those before they got nerfed (3-4 weeks of wiping on archie)

Comment

Originally posted by Garny View Post
                              10 or 25 man Bastion? Think we are going for 10 first. Always a good way to get better gear, then move on to 25's. Mind you, looking at the new Heroics it wouldnt suprise me if normal 10 is as hard as nails.

Done BT and Hyjal back in BC, so i cant see it being any harder than those before they got nerfed (3-4 weeks of wiping on archie)
                              We didn't pass the first boss of Bastion of Twilight. 10 man, very difficult.

Baradin Hold can now be done with ease though.

Comment

I've been levelling my proffessions. Alchemy's only really started to be worth it now I'm past 400. The Philiosopher stone trinket is nice and I can actually make a little cash (after outlaying so much!)

Comment

Working...
                                X