2010 import roundup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 import roundup

What were the highlights of games you imported (from US or Japan/HK) in 2010?
    Did they get a UK release later?
    Where did you get them from?
    Last edited by charlesr; 18-12-2010, 10:28.

Too many to list really, I'll list the ones I haven't sold on though. (about 5%.. ;()

BlazBlue Continuum Shift (JP from Amiami)

My god I think that's all, despite all the PS2 and 360 game buying I did last year.. :|

Comment

I got Deadly Premonition early in the year from VG+ for the US 360. Obviously best import purchase ever.
      UK release came near the end of the year.

Radirgy Noa Massive from play-asia. No sign of a local release yet.

Do-Konjou Shougakussei: Bon Bita
      from play-asia. Review coming soon. No chance of a local release. Ever

Comment

Oh and does this thread specifically relate to games released in 2010? If so making a list would be way easier.

Comment

Only one game this year.

Super Mario galaxy 2 JPN (wahoo) from yesasia. US was released before Japan and the EU release was a fortnight after JPN.

SMG is one of the special cases where I like to play with added level of joy/mystery a foreign language game can bring.
          Last edited by Bort; 18-12-2010, 10:37.

Comment

From yesasia

GT5

Hatsune Miku Project DIVA 2nd

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              Oh and does this thread specifically relate to games released in 2010? If so making a list would be way easier.
              That's what I had in mind, but a separate section for things you got this year, released previously would be great too, although understandably tricky for complusive collectors

Comment

Well this year NEW imported I got:

Love Plus DSi hardshell case & Official Slim PS3 stand - YesAsia
                ESPGaluda II LE x2 - YesAsia + Play Asia
                Mamoru kun LE - Play Asia
                Super Street Fighter 4 LE (360) - Play Asia

Although in 2010 I also bought most of the PS2 and 360 shmups also but I can't be bothered to list them as I'll forget which I bought in late 2009 as well.. Haha

Bought lots of imports within the UK towards the later end of the year.

Comment

Super Mario Galaxy 2 & Hatsune Miku 1 from Japan when I was out there in May.

K-On! After School Live recently.

That's it.

Comment

dead rising 2 asian version when it was a bargain (about 22 euro) xbox360

N3 2(asian) and dragons age ultimate edition asian version xbox 360

blazblue continuum shift japanese xbox 360

death smiles 2 japanese 360

ESPGaluda II - Play Asia
                    Mamoru kun LE - Play Asia
                    Super Street Fighter 4 (360) - Play Asia

Comment

*doesn't even bother attempting* lol.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Bought a lot of import stuff this year but then again i do ever year lol, but the highlights for me were.....

DS
                        Keroro RPG (play asia) chance of UK release: hahahaha
                        Minna no conveni (play asia) chance of UK release: wahahahahahahahaha
                        Okamiden (Friend in japan) chance of uk release: It's coming
                        Ninokuni (play asia) chance of UK release: Hopeful, as it's been mentioned for the west
                        Taiko no Tatsujin DS: Dororon! Youkai Daikessen!! (play asia) Chance of UK release: LOOOOL
                        Kochikame (play asia) chance of UK release: Hell no
                        Do-Konjou Shougakussei: Bon Bita (play asia) chance of UK release: when hell freezes over
                        Solatorobo limited edition (play asia) chance of UK release: unlikely

Wii
                        Mario galaxy 2 (play asia) chance of UK release: It's released
                        Dragon quest monsters battle road victory (play asia) chance of UK release: zero
                        Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Minna de Party 3-Daime! (play asia) chance of UK release: LOLOLOL

Psp
                        Boku no Natsuyasumi Portable 2 (ebay) Chance of UK release: none at all

Comment

I think the only things i imported this year was

BlazBlue Continuum Shift (PS3) Bought when in the USA
                          Red Seed Profile (PS3) Bought from the sale's tread on this site
                          Persona 3 Portable (PSP) Bought when in the USA

I hope to import more next year but hey thats a start

Comment

The Last Window (EU) - no, really, it's the only European title I've bought this year, everything else was a US or JPN import.

On a more in-topic note, my highlights of this year are:

BlazBlue Continuum Shift (JPN, limited edition with AmiAmi special bonus)
                            Hyperdimension Game Neptune (JPN, limited edition with AmiAmi special bonus)

I'm voting on the quality of the edition, not on the game themselves, or it will be GOTY2010 all over again.

Comment

not much this year.
                              quite a few american wii and ds games, but i'm pretty sure most came out over here. so its almost all music games that wont ever get western releases.

Taiko no Tatsujin DS Youkai Taikessen!!
                              Hatsune Miku Project DIVA 2nd
                              K-On! Houkago Live!!

plus Malicious off the japanese psn (which i have hardly touched)

i'm pretty sure there will be more next year though. as if the 3DS is region locked i'll definitely be going for a japanese system first.

Comment

Working...
                              X