No announcement yet.

Minecraft ( PC )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to pay my dues for the full version for PC/Linux sometime this week and play on my friend's husband's server. I'm considering building the hotel we work at!

Comment

tell me the server Kryss and i'll join you in some building

Comment

I played this after Terraria and found it amazingly sparse (considering the amount of money thrown at it)
        Terraria: 77 hours and still see new things in videos
        Minecraft: 4 hours and I've seen every enemy, built a house into a cave and bored

Comment

I'm planning on making a Star Destroyer to as near as real size a fake spaceship can be!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaido View Post
            I played this after Terraria and found it amazingly sparse (considering the amount of money thrown at it)
            Terraria: 77 hours and still see new things in videos
            Minecraft: 4 hours and I've seen every enemy, built a house into a cave and bored
            You should go to imagination land for your next holiday

Comment

Originally posted by Kaido View Post

What's the difference between the two? I've always been interested in Minecraft but never actually bought it, but I do like the visual look of Terraria, and their liquid physics looks a lot better due to the 2D nature of everything.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                I'm planning on making a Star Destroyer to as near as real size a fake spaceship can be!
                I was like this. Then I realised how difficult it is to build a some steps and just gave up.

Comment

Building stuff on the Android version is pretty easy, it's just slow to demolish things.

Comment

Well I'd say they are both construction / exploration simulators with massive maps.

You can create things in both, kill enemies in both, build ridiculously huge and complex structures in both. Perhaps 3d is better for construction?

Terraria seems to have much bigger updates and has much better adventure/exploration aspects though, which is the draw for me.

Comment

minecraft is the best sandbox game for me is a lot like runescape, but better adventure and a more stimulating for losing your free time, i played on several minecraft servers this year and yes the microbe catch me

Comment

I tried Minecraft in VR with the HTC. Mind blown. Also you can hilariously change the world size so that it's like lego, or giant chickens are stamping on you.

It's bonkers. Try it if you get the chance.

Comment

It would be nice if they expanded that to the PSVR.

Comment

The beta RTX version was released yesterday on PC for those with Nvidia RTX cards and the Win 10 version.

Only had a 20min play with the demo worlds but it looks amazing. Going have a go at building my own stuff and just trying things out.

BTW - those without a 2080 card can probably look away. My Ryzen 3900X + RTX 2080 Super returns 55fps average at 1440p.

A beta version of Minecraft RTX is available, delivering astonishing visual effects and the kind of realism in lighting that only path tracing can deliver. T...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono View Post
                              The beta RTX version was released yesterday on PC for those with Nvidia RTX cards and the Win 10 version.

Only had a 20min play with the demo worlds but it looks amazing. Going have a go at building my own stuff and just trying things out.

BTW - those without a 2080 card can probably look away. My Ryzen 3900X + RTX 2080 Super returns 55fps average at 1440p.

A beta version of Minecraft RTX is available, delivering astonishing visual effects and the kind of realism in lighting that only path tracing can deliver. T...

Ooof. I tried the java version with a raytracing mod and it looked pretty cool.

The win10 beta app version doesn't let you go on Realms - does the beta version disable the normal win10 app version or can they be installed side by side?

Comment

Win 10 disables and replaces it but you can back up worlds and reinstall originals after.

Comment

Working...
                                X