Recommended graphic novels / comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
    Yes! At last, it's definitely a favourite of mine.
    Issue 8 is probably still my favourite comic single ever. Weaponised bananas...

Comment

I got most the Batman suggestions from Chopemon's thread.

Alex Ross can't do any bad work, he's amazing! I thought Kingdom Come was great, but Earth X just rambled on about the Celestials. Actually, Earth X was okay, it was the sequels (Universe X, Paradise X) that dragged on.

Adi Granov is another great artist. His work on Iron Man: Extremis is gorgeous.

IGN's comic awards 2010 is a good place for a few suggestions of the best work in the last year. Batman & Robin seemed to come out well.

They've also done a list of the top 100 covers 2010 if you need more inspiration!

Comment

oo remembered another series batman vampire books red rain, blood storm and crimson mist

Comment

Thanks for the info on the IGN comic awards QC

Glad to hear Batman & Robin is a good series & I'll be finding out soon as I have the first 2 Graphic Novels on route & the 3rd on pre-order from Amazon

Looking forward to reading them especially the 3rd volume when it arrives that Batman must die storyline sounds amazing.

Neil

Comment

PEMBROKE PINES, FLA. (WSVN) - Twins born with a rare condition continue to fight with heart.Asher and Xander Reyes were born prematurely at 32 weeksRead More

Couldn't ask for a better recommendation than this...

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
              http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21003378011336/

Couldn't ask for a better recommendation than this...
              they dont mention bestiality with a mutant kangaroo?
              some of the descriptions were hilarious.... 'shown in short shorts, SMOKING!'

Comment

WORD!

Comment

just read a comic called leviathon what a awesome read....the ending was exactly what should have happened in the tv series lost

Comment

Black Hole by Charles Burns.

No, anything by Charles Burns.

Comment

Anybody know anything about the Death of Spiderman saga??

Where do I start reading so that I have at least a clue as to what the hells going on??

I'm not getting into the same situation I had with the death of Bruce Wayne...I'm still working backwards on that bloody story arc.

Ta muchly

Neil

Comment

That's in the Ultimate universe isn't it?

Comment

That's a good question...not sure tbh

I only found out about it thanks to Forbidden Planets newsletter email yesterday so quickly trying to catch up on it all via Wiki now.

Neil

EDIT - Yep Tis the Ulitmate Universe.

Just found a checklist:

Hopefully that will help
                          Last edited by Soundwave; 12-05-2011, 12:01.

Comment

Batman Black & White volume 1 is good. And The Crow by James O'barr is awesome.

Comment

Hey guys,

Quick question...can anyone recommend a good online comic supplier??

I'm getting ready to order the new DC #1's following the demise of the current universe once Flashpoint wraps up & I'm just looking for a good supplier.

I have been using my local but he's been a little unreliable lately & hasnt been getting as much stock so looking for a good supplier to set up standing orders with.

Ta muchly

Neil

Comment

I've used www.comic-biz.com for over 10 years. Excellent service and never had a problem.

At one point I collected over 50 comics - it would cost over ?120-130 a month !!! - but have now got it down to a more managable 11.

You can have them posted out to you weekly or monthly - they tend to do the monthly ones the first week of the month.

Fantastic Alf.

Comment

Working...
                                X