Recommended graphic novels / comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Thanks [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION].

Issue 1 is free on comiXology and that first book is currently under a fiver.
    No worries dude
    Always happy to pass on some recommendations

Hoping to get a few more for Christmas

Neil

Comment

I just picked up Astonishing X-Men vol 1 & 2 after seeing them recommended elsewhere in the Comixology sale. I'm not really into comics but I love the 90s X-Men cartoon. Can anyone recommend some good X-Men books that are on sale based on that?

Comment

Lately I've been picking up foreign editions of my favourite Duck Avenger cover.

I'm planning on getting them framed at some point. The origin story of Duck Avenger is pretty much my all time favourite Donald Duck story.

Comment

The Italian editions look particularly well-kept.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
            I just picked up Astonishing X-Men vol 1 & 2 after seeing them recommended elsewhere in the Comixology sale. I'm not really into comics but I love the 90s X-Men cartoon. Can anyone recommend some good X-Men books that are on sale based on that?
            I'm not too hot on X-Men to be fair but Age of Apocalypse & House of M are both well regarded in the community

I had these for Christmas so I can continue my journey in both franchises

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
              The Italian editions look particularly well-kept.
              Yeah, Paperinik Il Diabolico looks great and it's the oldest one (1974) of the bunch. Topolino #3316 and Paperinik Le Origini Del Mito #4 were both released in 2019 and I managed to find brand new copies of them, so that's why they look to be in good condition.

Comment

Added these 2 beauties to my collection:

These were a variant cover for Superior Spider-Man 17 in America, but in France it was a regular cover and in Italy it was used as a variant cover a few years later. I don't have the original american variant cover because of the high prices people are asking for it, so I got these 2 for a fraction of the asking price of just the american cover. French on the left and Italian on the right, the Italian is amazing in person, it's a shiny metallic embossed cover.

Comment

Finally the Alan Moore/Jacen Burrows Providence Compendium is coming out: https://www.comcav.net/collections/p...nce-compendium

Been hanging out for this, but they want £50 for postage from US for the basic £30 three-volume paperback anthology, which I think is a bit steep. Anyone know if this is likely to get a release over in UK and Europeland?

Comment

Picked up the cuphead graphic novel it's not super thick but my goodness the art in it is amaaaaazing. They nailed keeping the art style just like the game. Hope they release more volumes of it.

Comment

Always enjoyed Junji Ito's Uzumaki as i have it on DVD but i never actually read the original manga. Finally got hold of it this evening holy crap the story is waaaaaay better than the film & the illustrations are insane. The film was a little unsettling but the manga totally creeps me out, love it

Last edited by importaku; 22-02-2021, 21:26.

Comment

Its been on my to-read list for a long time, love that spiral eye panel

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                          Its been on my to-read list for a long time, love that spiral eye panel
                          Just finished reading the final volume, well that was a total mind screw. So many extra parts that never made it into the film version including the explanation of why the whole thing happened in the first place but the ending is a lot more grim than the film. And the film was grim enough, some of the art is jawdroppingly awesome. A definite must read in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                            Always enjoyed Junji Ito's Uzumaki as i have it on DVD but i never actually read the original manga. Finally got hold of it this evening holy crap the story is waaaaaay better than the film & the illustrations are insane. The film was a little unsettling but the manga totally creeps me out, love it

I went on a binge and read all his stuff. Some really creepy and insane stuff. Definitely worth reading more if you can.

Comment

I always forget which of his it is that has the wall/hole story at the end but bloody hell it's a bit much.

(Gyo is another of his that I like a lot)

Comment

I think it's one of the short stories in Shiver. It's got some excellent stories in.

Comment

Working...
                                X