Recommended graphic novels / comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neil,

I get my slabs from eBay. There are about 3/4 sellers who I use mostly.

Never sent a book in to get graded, tho’ I do have (subjective) a mint copy of Iron Man #55, which is the first appearance of Thanos and Drax the Destroyer, that I’ve often thought of slabbing.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
      Neil,

I get my slabs from eBay. There are about 3/4 sellers who I use mostly.

Never sent a book in to get graded, tho’ I do have (subjective) a mint copy of Iron Man #55, which is the first appearance of Thanos and Drax the Destroyer, that I’ve often thought of slabbing.
      Thanks dude

The 3 books I have slabbed I did direct with CGC
      They were at London Super Comic Con a couple of years back & I did them then, just paid up front & they took them from the show & sent them back once done

I have some old issues I might consider getting slabbed (first appearance of Carnage, Issue where Bane Breaks Batman, Batman issue 500...first Azrael as Batman etc.) but would need to send them away to get done & never sure of cost involved

Also have a few signed editions from Dynamic Forces but I spoke to CGC when they were at MCM the other year & was told that even with the CoA from Dynamic Forces they wouldn't slab them as signed so haven't bothered even considering those ones.

Thanks again

Neil

Comment

Neil,

Sone nice comics you have there.

If you ever decide to get them graded, perhaps we could work something out to split the costs if we sent ours together.

Food for thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
          Neil,

Sone nice comics you have there.

If you ever decide to get them graded, perhaps we could work something out to split the costs if we sent ours together.

Food for thought.
          Thanks dude
          Sadly they were from a time when I wasn't too worried about collecting so not likely to be of a high grade

Hmm that might be an idea, let me do some checking & see what I can come up with

Neil

Comment

Last slab before Christmas.

This is my 99th slab, so number 100 needs to be something special.

Comment

My Hundredth!

I’ve been chipping away at the cheaper end of my want list, to the point where I’m now at the ‘don’t tell the wife’ price point. Fortuitously, I’ve been able to sell a lot of tat on eBay over Christmas, so my wallet hasn’t took too big a beating.

Not a fan of scantily clad women covers, but for this I made an exception. Sexy and brutal in equal measure.

Comment

It's genius because the only places you're likely to get hit by a sword are the hands, shoulders and right in the centre of your butt.

Comment

What are these comics with no titles? I sound like an old man.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                    What are these comics with no titles? I sound like an old man.
                    They're like those toddler lift the flap books. If you lift up the butt armour (and everyone does) the title and bar code are underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      It's genius because the only places you're likely to get hit by a sword are the hands, shoulders and right in the centre of your butt.
                      Don't forget about the boobs. They are fully protected. Except the sideboob.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        They're like those toddler lift the flap books. If you lift up the butt armour (and everyone does) the title and bar code are underneath.
                        I skimmed this and read "Butt Flaps" and had to re-read this comment several times to convince myself no butt flaps were present.

Comment

My first CGC graded magazine.

This Frazetta front cover is just amazing. As soon as I saw this magazine on another forum, I just had to have it.

Easily In my top 3 fave pictures.

Comment

Comment

Vampirella

Comment

Out of interest, why are they all 9.8? What is the difference between 9.8 and 9.9 or 10?

Comment

Working...
                                X