No announcement yet.

Recommended graphic novels / comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's what I've been picking up lately.

Magazine size Panini released Spider-Man comics with Spider-Man 2099, these were released originally in the UK. I'm still looking for the UK release, but I'm glad to have the Spanish and French on my collection. Spanish release of Doom 2099 is something that I have been meaning to get for a long time, just never ordered one, it's a cheap and easy to find comic. I love the name Doctor Muerte 2099. French 2099 Album #1 is in a bad shape, but this album version comes for sale really seldom and even more rare is to find someone who is willing to ship internationally so I had to get it. The non album version is much more easy to come by. Did not cost much thankfully.

Finnish edition of Mirage comics TMNT, had the first book for a while but managed to find the second book for a good price and wanted to take a picture of them both together. Both print 2 issues of the original Mirage TMNT. I remember loaning one of these from the library when I was a kid and hating it because it was in black and white, now I love these original Mirage TMNT.

Finally got TMNT: The Last Ronin #1 from my local comic shop, it's not the best TMNT that I've read but it's good enough that I'm enjoying it. I also picked up some Finnish Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles issues from the early 90s, I remember reading them as a kid so it's nice to have in my collection for nostalgia's sake.

Comment

I added a few comics to my collection.

Far Side Gallery was a impulse buy as I enjoyed it when I was a kid. After reading it I still find it amusing, but not as funny as I remember it being.

Super Mario Adventures is another comic that I bought because of reading it as a kid. I remember it being published in Nintendo-Lehti but they stopped releasing the magazine before they got to the end of the story. I enjoyed reading this, I'm really glad that I bought it.

French edition of Spider-Man 2099 Meets Spider-Man came a bit mangled in the mail. Bought it because it says "vs" on the cover instead of "meets" (or whatever would be equivalent word in french).

Comment

ComiXology's Star Wars Day Sales have some impressive bargains, particularly the £0.79 and £1.59 omnibuses collecting older comics.

I'm definitely buying some of them but I'm not sure where to start.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
          ComiXology's Star Wars Day Sales have some impressive bargains, particularly the £0.79 and £1.59 omnibuses collecting older comics.

I'm definitely buying some of them but I'm not sure where to start.
          I enjoyed reading Star Wars: Legacy and Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic back whe they came out, so I would recommend those.

Comment

Caned a bunch on Comixology recently.

I really enjoyed the James Bond ones.

Comment

Dark Rage started off as an interesting female-lead revenge thriller, but fizzled out by the end.

The Mighty Avengers was nice to revisit, but I hadn't noticed the overly sexy art the first time. Good story run, though.

What If? Secret Invasion was OK, but I didn't know all the background so was lost in some of the stories.

I've read 3 James Bond books and they've all been decent.

I braved reading The Dark Knight Returns III: Master Race. The original is amazing but DKII was poor and Miller's art felt lazily drawn, but this time he only draws a small part, so it's a lot less painful on the eyes. Decent story too and really tore through it, I was enjoying it so much.

Comment

So as you may remember a few pages back I got my hands on 2 blank cover variants of the Jem comic

Well I finally got around to sending them off for commissions & they came back today

So I now have a Jem & Stormer (my favourite Misfit ) cover

Super chuffed with them as usual

Neil

Comment

Absolutely class those [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    Absolutely class those [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION]
                    Thanks buddy
                    I love them, planning more now too... no more Jem though the blank variants are hard to track down now

Neil

Comment

Non-Stop Spider-Man #2 Gabriele Dell'Otto Spider-Man 2099 variants took forever to get. I think it was released in late march or early april.

Got a few issues of the French 2099 comic, Ghost Rider 2099 #1 cover and Spider-Man 2099 Fall of the Hammer cover. Just picked them up because they are neat in my opinion.

And then there were a few harder to get comics on bottom left and middle. France and Italy exclusive cover that does come up for sale every now and then and they are almost alway really cheap, but the sellers never ship internationally. I've been trying to get them for a few years, and now I got them both, the French cost me 2 euros (+shipping) and Italian cost 1,60 euros (+shipping). The cover was originally a poster by Bob Larkin. Now I have almost all Europe exclusive 2099 covers, just 2 missing.

Comment

Random thing found in a charity shop years ago, but Lum's a sort of 1960's precusor to things like Scott Pilgrim, Evangelion, Futurama and various other oddball hetro-engagement storylines. Should probably warn people that Lum's a lot more sexist and violent than more recent inapirations. Essentially it deals with domestic abuse a lot, and uses sci-fi exoctica to make it even readable or buyable.

Comment

Added some more Italian editions to my collection:

Had to get the 2 Spider-Man 2099 #1 versions, I kinda love the L'uomo Ragno #0 second print with it's janky-ish mirrored image.

Ravage 2099 does not get much love, I mean it certainly is not great, but not awful either. It is also intresting as it is a original 2099 character created by Stan Lee.

I love how the three Ravage 2099 #1 covers that I own look together. These are American, Spanish and Italian.

Comment

So I've read House of X, Dawn of X and Xof Swords... All Xmen if you can't tell. I've got Xmen and Hellions on Sub and I also subbed to Batman '89. Looks pretty cool.

Comment

Yeah, Batman '89 is intresting, I enjoyed the first issue. It's fun that DC is doing continuing the stories of old DC Movie and TV versions in comicbook form.

Comment

Originally posted by Travesty View Post
                                Yeah, Batman '89 is intresting, I enjoyed the first issue. It's fun that DC is doing continuing the stories of old DC Movie and TV versions in comicbook form.
                                Have you seen they are also doing Superman '78 as well as a continuation of the Christopher Reeve Movie

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X