No announcement yet.

Recommended graphic novels / comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My stuff is a bit pedestrian in comparison, but it looks interesting and is on offer on Comixology at the moment: https://www.comixology.co.uk/Shiver-...l-comic/600040

Recently read Spider-Man: Red Goblin, Batman: Last Knight on Earth and Doctor Doom Vol. 1 (2019).

I'm about 75% through Invincible Compendium 1, which is a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
      I went on a binge and read all his stuff. Some really creepy and insane stuff. Definitely worth reading more if you can.
      Ended up finding a lot of them online as scans in one huge collection but i have already got a couple of them ordered off amazon as i want them in book form to add to my library. So far i have made my way through Gyo which i enjoyed although it's pretty gruesome mainly due to all those pics of rotting fish i can almost smell it myself lol. Also loved that short story about the fault opening up with holes shaped like people and that other short story about the balloons that look like the people they are trying to hang.

The hard part now in getting some of these stories in book form is figuring out which books they actually appear in, not sure if all the ones i have downloaded are even available in book form in english but thankfully Uzumaki is that's the first one i ordered as i can go through that endlessly.

Comment

Yeah the fish one is pretty disgusting.
        I read them all online too. Amazon have a few of the hardbacks that are tempting me.

Comment

Reverse piracy strikes again lol, i enjoyed reading the scans so much that i ended up buying physical copies of his stuff least that way mr Ito gets a bit of revenue from it. I still have to read totally through shiver & smashed only arrived today so that one is unread so far but i did read through fragments of horror today loved all the stories in that one. Also the art on the inner cover to that one is amazing in black & silver as is the hidden second cover in UV gloss when you tilt it to the light it's like a variant of the inner cover. Think i'll be trying to track down more as they are pleasingly sized at B5 so they don't take up loads of room.

This is the first time i have bought any manga in a very long time, as a kid i used to have a massive manga collection had about half the japanese volumes of dragon ball as well as dragon quest and loads of others like 3x3 eyes used to get forbidden planet to special order it in for me. I stupidly sold most of it back then though for other stuff.

Comment

No way! I just ordered the same ones! I wanted No Longer Human too, but I'll start with these.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              No way! I just ordered the same ones!

Comment

[MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION] & @Cassisus_Smoke out here ordering deep meaningful, fantastic Manga

Me: An Intellectual

Comment

Reading Kaiju No8 and it has me hooked. 32 year old guy works in a cleanup crew for Kaiju killed by the SDF after failing to get into the SDF years earlier. Then gets turned into a small Kaiju after an insect sized one flies into his mouth. Very action based with cool fight scenes.

I read the first few chapters for free and then signed up to Shounan Jump to binge read every chapter currently out (28).

Also, Shounan Jump is only £1.99 a month? That seems stupidly cheap for a subscription service.

The series is getting an anime adaptation I believe. I can see it doing well if done right.

Comment

Well my highly intellectual purchase arrived today

That now makes 2 copies of this one

Time to get sorted & get the commissions done I think

Neil

Comment

Out of curiosity, what is inside the blanks? Blank pages?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        Out of curiosity, what is inside the blanks? Blank pages?
                        Lol no the comic is the same as the usual version just have a blank cover to have your own commission artwork on

Neil

Comment

[MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION] not sure if you're interested now but here's all my blank covers that I still have to have commissions done for

And here's the ones I have already had done...

and my M.A.S.K ones...Which I have gotten a bit carried away with

Neil

Comment

That's cool Neil, I like that Witching Hour one in particular.

How do you go about getting in touch with the artists?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              That's cool Neil, I like that Witching Hour one in particular.

How do you go about getting in touch with the artists?
                              Thank you

It actually started from going to Comic Cons & just chatting with the artists in the artist alley & following them on Twitter etc.
                              These are all from the same artist actually & now I just drop him a message when I'm ready & send the books off

I'm trying to decide which books to have done next at the moment, I have ideas for most of them just working out which order to do them in

Neil

Comment

My favourite comic is the one where I got banned for being a filthy spammer.

I also like The Bash Street Kids.
                                Last edited by QualityChimp; 10-03-2021, 14:48.

Comment

Working...
                                X