X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vampirella looks amazing, #6 cover is gorgeous

Comment

Had 2 new books today as belated birthday presents
      Invincible volume 3 & a series I'd been looking to get into for a long time über volume 1

Also [MENTION=7193]Super Grover[/MENTION] those CGC books are stunning
      Obviously Vampirella has that certain something but I'm loving that GI Joe one, absolutely stunning

Neil

Comment

Had a couple of new Blank comic cover commisions done this month

First up a Zatanna cover for Justice League Dark

And then another M.A.S.K one for my ever growing collection of M.A.S.K commissions

Love them both & are fine additions to my collection
        In fact that M.A.S.K one now makes a total of 7 commissions I've had done on M.A.S.K alone I think I have a problem

Neil

Comment

Humble Comics Bundle: Judge Dredd, 2000 AD & More

I wish there were some A.B.C. Warriors' comics included but deals on 2000 AD's comics don't come by often and this is their first bundle ever.

Comment

Anyone recommend a comic/ manga to potentially give as a gift to 9-11 year old boys?
            Probably won't sort by the time of the wedding but may be a nice thing to get the nephews I rarely see this Christmas.
            Both like their football, star wars, harry potter and Marvel films.

Comment

I got this, thanks for the heads-up.
              I'm currently working my way through Tharg's Future Shocks!

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
              Anyone recommend a comic/ manga to potentially give as a gift to 9-11 year old boys?
              Probably won't sort by the time of the wedding but may be a nice thing to get the nephews I rarely see this Christmas.
              My son is 9 and loves anything by The Phoenix.
              They have fun ones and serious ones, and there's some collections in that link.

If it's manga specifically, you could try Initial D. I don't think there is any fruity language.
              Seems like it's a faff to get hold of these days.
              Nothing happens in the first book, so you'd probably need the first 2 or 3 to be interesting.

Failing that, you can't go wrong with a Marvel collection.
              Probably an annual if it's Christmas.

EDIT: Captain Underpants always raises a giggle with boys!
              Last edited by QualityChimp; 28-08-2020, 08:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                Not manga, but my son (11) likes Diary of a Wimpy Kid (loads to choose from), and graphic novel wise, Alex Rider. Both easy to obtain and reasonably priced.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  If it's manga specifically, you could try Initial D. I don't think there is any fruity language.
                  [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] LOVES the anime of Initial D, like, maybe not to Gundam level but its a big part of his early fandom.

I'd be disappointed if the boys had not already read Captain Underpants (still need to read/ watch that myself) and Wimpy kid as they are everywhere but apart from Harry Potter which they grew up with their granddad reading to them, I don't know how massively into books they are. Both the bloke and I loved our books as kids, before my mum moved house recently most times I visited I'd pick up my old childhood paperbacks and consume loads of them. Rarely saw me without a book or a Gameboy until I was at college.

I loved books and later my annuals and manga so I'd like to try and interest them in some comics. Marvel may be the way to go, might keep my eye out for Phoenix (saw some in a charity shop recently but I was in a rush)

Comment

Reposted from The Free Digital Stuff Thread.

Most, if not all, Black Panther and related comics are currently free on comiXology. Single issues only, collected editions are excluded.

This thread on Reddit has links to many of the comics being offered.

Comment

Love Advices from the Great Duke of Hell - amazing

Comment

I finished off The Walking Dead at the weekend and really enjoyed it.

Kirkman originally wanted the comic to run forever, but although I'm pleased a non-Marvel/DC comic managed to get such epic traction, he was probably right to call it a day.

It was a pretty emotional ending too after reading it for years.

On a different note, I read Tharg's Future Shocks from the 2000AD Humble Bundle collection, which was fun and inventive, considering how it's restricted to just a few panels each.

Comment

Just finished reading volume 1 of DIE & it's pretty bloody good
                          Basically it's an adult version of the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon complete with deaths & swears
                          Well worth picking up if you want something a bit different

Neil

Comment

Bought a few bits in Comixology sales.
                            I love me some Doctor Doom, so read Books of Doom and Doctor Doom Vol. 1 (2020).

I also re-read Batman: Hush, which is bloody great.
                            A big cast of villains and heroes and a big mystery to solve with some absolutely gorgeous artwork.

Others in the to-read list:
                            Absolute Carnage
                            Spider-Man: Red Goblin
                            Invincible Omnibus 1
                            Batman: Last Knight on Earth
                            Doomwar
                            V For Vendetta
                            Thanos Wins
                            A load of Black Panther stuff
                            Batman: The Court of Owls

I should try some more non-Marvel/DC, but I know those characters.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              Bought a few bits in Comixology sales.
                              I love me some Doctor Doom, so read Books of Doom and Doctor Doom Vol. 1 (2020).

I also re-read Batman: Hush, which is bloody great.
                              A big cast of villains and heroes and a big mystery to solve with some absolutely gorgeous artwork.

Others in the to-read list:
                              Absolute Carnage
                              Spider-Man: Red Goblin
                              Invincible Omnibus 1
                              Batman: Last Knight on Earth
                              Doomwar
                              V For Vendetta
                              Thanos Wins
                              A load of Black Panther stuff
                              Batman: The Court of Owls

I should try some more non-Marvel/DC, but I know those characters.
                              Not a bad list there dude

If you want to head out of the comfort zone then I do recommend the book I posted above - DIE
                              It's really good & definitely think the subject matter would be right up your alley

I've just finished this & it's good as well...pretty gory & a ton of swears but still great

Neil

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION].

Issue 1 is free on comiXology and that first book is currently under a fiver.

Comment

Working...
                                X